Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Where did you read "Demon hunters will be released a couple of weeks after prepatch hits" ? I must've missed it, would really appreciate a link
    dev interview

Quote Originally Posted by Kazoon View Post
    Is it just me, that is wondering alot currently about this?
    There is less than 2 months, till legion airs.
    We know, that Prepatch will last atleast 2 weeks at minimum - "Demon hunters will be released a couple of weeks after prepatch hits" - Demon hunters has atleast 1 week before Legion.
    So this makes it atleast 2 weeks. I would actually say minimum 4 weeks as a guess.
    This makes 1 month at the max till prepatch hits, but still no words about it?

Doesn't seem normal to me, that blizzard holds their dates so late?
    yes its quite normal - the pre patch will most probably come either 19th or 26th july - dont hurry too much there isnt much to do in prepatch anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    dev interview
    Could you link me please? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Fact : There's a 2 week warning before pvp end season.
    Fact : Prepatches have averagely been 4 weeks long.
    Fact : DH will be playable 2 weeks before legion.
    Fact : They said this prepatch will be longer than usual (thus 5 to 6 weeks).
    Fact : That means they have either 7 to 8 weeks from pvp ending announcement to legion launch.

Based on these facts, your patch dates will already be ruled out for any dates past the 26th of July. And 4th of July does not matter since they can type the blog post and make it trigger on a certain date and time, whilst they are physically not at the headquarters. You do know about that technology right?

So patch is either coming the 19th or the 26th. I believe and am quite certain it will be the 19th.
    Fact: I already pointed to that assertion.
    Fact: The pre-expansion patches are usually two to four weeks in length.
    Fact: The DH will be playable one week prior to the launch of LGN.
    Fact: They never give out hard dates until they're ready to do so. As such, your assertion is meaningless.
    Fact: Yes, Captain Obvious, they have eight weeks to introduce the pre-patch. Thank you for that wonderful analysis!

Based on the FACTS, my dates are perfectly in-line with LOGIC. As for your comment about the announcement on the 5th of July, KEEP DREAMING, because it'll be a cold day in hell before they do a major announcement on the first workday immediately following a MAJOR HOLIDAY in the US. No, the patch will be between the 26th of July and the 16th of August (depending upon how long they want).

- - - Updated - - -

Could you link me please? :P
    It's one of several with Ion at Gamescom, etc.. Plus, it used to be on the LGN website.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-07-02 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Fact: I already pointed to that assertion.
    Fact: The pre-patches are usually two to four weeks in length.
    Fact: The DH will be playable one week prior to the launch of LGN.
    Fact: They never give out hard dates until they're ready to do so. As such, your assertion is meaningless.
    Fact: Yes, Captain Obvious, they have eight weeks to introduce the pre-patch. Thank you for that wonderful analysis!

Based on the FACTS, my dates are perfectly in-line with LOGIC. As for your comment about the announcement on the 5th of July, KEEP DREAMING, because it'll be a cold day in Hell before they do a major announcement on the first workday immediately following a MAJOR HOLIDAY in the US. No, the patch will be between the 26th of July and the 16th of August (depending upon how long they want).

- - - Updated - - -

It's one of several with Ion at Gamescom, etc.. Plus, it used to be on the LGN website.
    Uh...pre patch is NOT going to be 2 weeks before release. Are you high?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

But isn't that from 2015? It could've changed since then, I thought they said it recently, hopefully they will release like 1-2 weeks after the prepatch comes out

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Either July 19th or 26th
    bingo

people speculate way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Uh...pre patch is NOT going to be 2 weeks before release. Are you high?
    It's merely an option, and that was the point of my post. Are you high? Was there a point to that meaningless query?

- - - Updated - - -

But isn't that from 2015? It could've changed since then, I thought they said it recently, hopefully they will release like 1-2 weeks after the prepatch comes out
    No, the DH will be 1-2 weeks prior to the launch of the expansion with the last known date being at one week prior to LGN's release. After all, they have to buildup the story for their inclusion.

Deleted
    Based on the FACTS, my dates are perfectly in-line with LOGIC. As for your comment about the announcement on the 5th of July, KEEP DREAMING, because it'll be a cold day in hell before they do a major announcement on the first workday immediately following a MAJOR HOLIDAY in the US. No, the patch will be between the 26th of July and the 16th of August (depending upon how long they want).
    It's not like announcing it takes them some kind of enormous effort. They can draft the post right now and simply post it on the 5th of July, nothing major required. If your argument was that the actual pre-patch won't come immediately following a major holiday, then sure that makes sense. But a simple thing as announcing something that will happen 2 weeks later wouldn't be restricted by a preceding holiday.

Could a mod please close, we dont need a useless thread clogging up the board, we will know when we know, it will launch when it launches
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

They just said that if you wanted challenge modes done, now was the time. Pretty sure that alone is enough info to get to the conclusion that the pre-patch is mere weeks away

So is it confirmed DHs will be available when the prepatch hits (if you bought legion)? Because I've also heard that there will be two prepatches, the initial prepatch and a second one later that unlocks DHs.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So is it confirmed DHs will be available when the prepatch hits (if you bought legion)? Because I've also heard that there will be two prepatches, the initial prepatch and a second one later that unlocks DHs.
    They will unlock them without a patch

Fact:The pre-expansion patches are usually two to four weeks in length.
    FYI they said outright, the legion pre-patch will last between 4-6 weeks. So that doesn't apply. :P
    Last edited by effs; 2016-07-02 at 05:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    That's not confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They just said that if you wanted challenge modes done, now was the time. Pretty sure that alone is enough info to get to the conclusion that the pre-patch is mere weeks away
    It's weird they say now it's the time without saying "you have x weeks to do it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That would be on a wed and blizzard releases patch's on a tuseday. So 20th is a no but the 19th is a maybe.

Ontopic: I am betting on the 19th personally and then the 2nd of aug Demon Hunters will be playable. That gives you nearly a month to play with DH and they said it would release a couple weeks after the pre-patch.
    Demon Hunter starting zone takes, hm never looked how long, but i would guess its 1-2 hrs. really dont think they will be playable at 2nd aug.
    I would bet on 26 prepatch, 16th aug demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Delina View Post
    Demon Hunter starting zone takes, hm never looked how long, but i would guess its 1-2 hrs. really dont think they will be playable at 2nd aug.
    I would bet on 26 prepatch, 16th aug demon hunter
    Unless blizzard has changed what they said a few weeks ago in the interview with twitch streamers. DH will not be playable with the pre-patch, they said DH will be playeable a couple weeks after.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Unless blizzard has changed what they said a few weeks ago in the interview with twitch streamers. DH will not be playable with the pre-patch, they said DH will be playeable a couple weeks after.
    Yes that is true, i just dont think DH will be playable for more than 2 weeks before lunch, because there is not THAT much we can do with a DH before legion lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Delina View Post
    Yes that is true, i just dont think DH will be playable for more than 2 weeks before lunch, because there is not THAT much we can do with a DH before legion lunch
    If I recall right tho there is some items getting added to HFC for DH's. I nearly a month seems possible. Etherway I don't care ill play it whenever, I just want pre-patch to hit already so I can play with all the new abilitys and tmog system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Let's take a look at what they said in the interview (paraphrased) "Legion prepatch will bring class changes, a couple weeks later Invasion, Broken Shore, Demon Hunters made available. In the weeks leading to legion the invasions will increase"

Also take into it the fact that there is DH set and trinket in HFC, these are not new skins so that rules transmog out, they are expecting people to want to take their DH into HFC so that gives us 2 or more weeks of demon hunter.

Jul 19 or 26 for the initial prepatch seems almost certain with Class changes, Transmog and other system changes.

Aug 2nd seems to be the latest for the rest to unlock if they want to do "increasing invasion intensity" as it gives 4 full lockout weeks to do to it leading up the the Aug 30 release. Though some could argue the 9th as 3 weeks may be enough. But the 9th is most like the the LATEST we would see the invasion, broken shore scenario, and demon hunters.

My bet is on the 19th and the 2nd.