Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Except there is no necessity to play all classes at once. Getting a third prof slot, however, does not by any means equal to "Lets make every character every class with every profession", unless important quantities of alcohol are involved.

Don't you get cuts with all those edges? Because FFXIV uses a "universal class mechanic" and EvE uses a "universal profession mechanic", and it seems fine.
    Dude you will not get 3 profession slots. They gave you two. Just deal with it or find another game. You have a right to complain but it's not happening. I may want 15 profession slots but I'm not getting them either. So maybe it's better to just deal with the fact you have 2 and play with that limitation. If leveling professions is hard then I can tell you you don't even need professions to play this game and maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have them on your character if it causes you so much distress. There are limitations whatever you do because it's meant to imitate life in a way that people are defined by what they choose to do in situations with many limitations. That's why it's meaningful in life when I say "I'm a librarian". Because I'm not 15 other things, I CHOSE this one thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    Dude you will not get 3 profession slots. They gave you two. Just deal with it or find another game. You have a right to complain but it's not happening.
    All of the above does not prevent me from considering this situation as utterly retarded.

I may want 15 profession slots but I'm not getting them either. So maybe it's better to just deal with the fact you have 2 and play with that limitation.
    Again, this does not prevent me (or anyone else) from considering this situation as utterly retarded. Blizzard has a long history of retarded decisions, the last of which (named WOD) cost them 5M subs in less than 6 months.

If leveling professions is hard then I can tell you you don't even need professions to play this game and maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have them on your character if it causes you so much distress.
    Who said anything about distress?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by ichebu View Post
    Feeling forced to never play your alts in fear that resources gained on them won't be able to be used isn't fun either.
    ...except that the gear isn't just going to cost bloods. It's also going to cost cloth,leather,steel etc. The benefit of having a gathering alt means you have the option of farming mats instead of buying them. Or to just make money. Your alt wont be useless, it just wont be required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And why will having one extra proffesion magically "fix" it? People will end up with 3 crafting proffesions, then complain yet again: "Blizz, y u no give me 4th?! Need gatherur!"
    Or just make gathering part of the professions that use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Or just make gathering part of the professions that use them.
    From a personal point of view, I've never needed gathering as a crafter, simply because I know how to make a profit out of it. But this idea doesn't seem all too bad. The main problem I had with the "Give us a 3rd proffession" is that people would take 3 crafting proffessions, and then next expansion cry for a 4th and so on. It really wouldn't solve anything.

But add mining to JC and BS etc, would make things easier for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I could live with either BOP or BOA on Blood of Sargeras, I will just adapt, like we always have to in a new Expansion. But I really, really wish that just one time, Blizzard will stick to their Guns, and not give in. Stand your Ground Blizz, don't change your position on this, for once. Don't be a flip flop.

why is this thread is still going? the QA answered everything. dual crafters wont be affected at all since gathering will be the slowest way of obtaining bloods, and dual gatherers can use blood to upgrade their crafted gear, other uses for blood might show up later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    From a personal point of view, I've never needed gathering as a crafter, simply because I know how to make a profit out of it. But this idea doesn't seem all too bad. The main problem I had with the "Give us a 3rd proffession" is that people would take 3 crafting proffessions, and then next expansion cry for a 4th and so on. It really wouldn't solve anything.

But add mining to JC and BS etc, would make things easier for sure.
    Well, in LotRO they have 3 profession slots in fixed combinations (by themes), where you either have 2 crafting and 1 gathering profession, or 2 gathering and 1 crafting. They could make a similar thing in WoW by limiting your crafting or gathering professions to a maximum of 2 per character, so the 3rd slot would automatically go to the other category. Or having one slot to be reserved for crafting only, one for gathering only, and one which can be used for either of these categories.

The only relevant question would be, how much work would such re-coding of professions require. Adding secondary professions has never been a problem, because they are not included in the profession limit.