The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Mages shouldn't have gotten this legendary in the first place, should be a shaman only thing. Bloodlust is a bigger part of shaman class identity (since TBC) than timewarp (since cata) is for mages.
    Since Warcraft 3 really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Lore-wise it makes perfect sense, but yeah, I'm a tiny bit jealous that they get the cool artifact and we don't.

For what it's worth, it would probably be really broken on Resto Shamans, who get a 25% healing buff during BL.
    Would agree. if this item stay the way it is , it would be mandatory for every mage. personally, think the best thing to do is add shamans and make the BL/TW buff last a short time. otherwise , replace the legi with another power.

How is elemental on pvp compared to wod ?

Quote Originally Posted by croghan View Post
    How is elemental on pvp compared to wod ?
    PvP pecking order.

Tanks > Melee > Mage > remaining ranged Dps

I just started toying with Ele on the PTR after spending most of my time with Enhance and Resto.

Sorry if this has been discussed but shouldn't Icefury be an Instant Cast? According to what I've read it's meant to be a mobility skill so wouldn't it make sense to have the mobility talent be use-able while we're mobile?

It also seems like it should build Maelstrom just like Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst.

When will shamans have moving LB again?

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed but shouldn't Icefury be an Instant Cast? According to what I've read it's meant to be a mobility skill so wouldn't it make sense to have the mobility talent be use-able while we're mobile?
    Yeah would be a decent but i could live with an increase to 30sec buff duration already.

Happened to me quite often that within 15 seconds i don't have to move at all and once all charges are spent / ran out, you have to move.

It also seems like it should build Maelstrom just like Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst.
    It generates 24 Maelstrom, include an overload and you get a ton of maelstrom from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Same patch when 2h Enhance will be viable again.

Icefury the spell is a generator. It gives you maelstrom as well as enabling frost shock. Frost Shock is the mobility part of the talent. Having it this way means there's more skill level required to fully utilise the talent as opposed to being a faceroll press-all-of-the-instants

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Every time someone brings this subject up on forums, a kitten dies. Please save the kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yeah would be a decent but i could live with an increase to 30sec buff duration already.
    Happened to me quite often that within 15 seconds i don't have to move at all and once all charges are spent / ran out, you have to move.
    Wouldn't Icefury be back up to cast in that case?
    It generates 24 Maelstrom, include an overload and you get a ton of maelstrom from it.
    Not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starsha View Post
    Icefury the spell is a generator. It gives you maelstrom as well as enabling frost shock. Frost Shock is the mobility part of the talent. Having it this way means there's more skill level required to fully utilise the talent as opposed to being a faceroll press-all-of-the-instants
    It seems like the skillcap with the talent is more about Maelstrom management prior to using Icefury to maximize damage.

I'm also thinking of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsha View Post
    Every time someone brings this subject up on forums, a kitten dies. Please save the kittens.
    I'll literally kill 12 kittens for moving LB.

Thankfully the Icefury buff lasts for 30 seconds, which gives you plenty of time to use other CDs or AoE spells if you don't need Frost Shocks then and there. Max damage Frost Shocks only need 20 Maelstrom. These Icefury-buffed Frost Shocks have a 500% SP coefficient. Earth Shock has a 900% SP coefficient for 100 Maelstrom. It's insanely efficient burst damage. With Aftershock, you just need to bank around 60 Maelstrom to throw all of them out in succession.

I'm going to stick with IF+Aftershock for leveling for sure, plus it'll make all the frustrating beggining-of-expac world PvP slightly less painful, being able to kite with high burst damage and all.

I wish we could have moving lightning bolt back too, it would be enough that I would stay elemental instead of switching to enhance.

Wouldn't Icefury be back up to cast in that case?
    That's the point, you basically get 4 powerful GCD's during movement if you have Icefury.

If it's supposed to be a boost for mobility, then should always be one, rather than 50% of the time.

Thankfully the Icefury buff lasts for 30 seconds
    It lasts only 15 seconds, sadly.

Thankfully the Icefury buff lasts for 30 seconds, which gives you plenty of time to use other CDs or AoE spells if you don't need Frost Shocks then and there. Max damage Frost Shocks only need 20 Maelstrom. These Icefury-buffed Frost Shocks have a 500% SP coefficient. Earth Shock has a 900% SP coefficient for 100 Maelstrom. It's insanely efficient burst damage. With Aftershock, you just need to bank around 60 Maelstrom to throw all of them out in succession.

I'm going to stick with IF+Aftershock for leveling for sure, plus it'll make all the frustrating beggining-of-expac world PvP slightly less painful, being able to kite with high burst damage and all.
    Not sure, but feels like The Deceiver's Blood Pact would make it counterproductive to take IceFury talent. assuming the boots doesn't have a ppm.

Although i understand that you don't need to have the boots, but i think it's the only legendary that boosts dps by a good margin.
    Last edited by Breaque; 2016-07-02 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    PvP pecking order.

Tanks > Melee > Mage > remaining ranged Dps
    And Elemental is probably the worst of the ranged dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    And Elemental is probably the worst of the ranged dps.
    Ehhh debatable. We use to be shit due to not having on demand target switching in pvp which is needed a lot, and we also had no way of moving aside from LB procs. Now we have ice fury which allows frost shock to do really good damage (and if you have 20 MS it does even more) and we have gust of wind to get away which is something new for us as well. There's some pvp talents to work with as well. I don't think we're the worst and I don't think we're even close to the best either. This is purely for pvp though.

In pve it doesn't seem like we'll be the worst. Everything always depends on tuning and we have a really fun rotation. I know there will -most likely- be a bread and butter build but we aren't limited like we have been in the past. If they tune us to be shit, we'll be shit. If they tune us to be good, we'll be good. We also have a fun rotation or at the very least interactive abilities to go with that.

I only played Ele on PTS due to not having a beta account but compared to all other casters I found it quite enticing and strong. Do our artifact traits give us even more enticing gameplay?

Mage, Warlock and SP had mostly a quite horrible playstyle imho, especially Fire Mage and Destruction Warlock.

I never would have thought that I could like Ele again but it's really fun (with Icefury).

Hello
    My excitement for Ele is a good reason to start posting after years of following without posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I only played Ele on PTS due to not having a beta account but compared to all other casters I found it quite enticing and strong. Do our artifact traits give us even more enticing gameplay?

Mage, Warlock and SP had mostly a quite horrible playstyle imho, especially Fire Mage and Destruction Warlock.

I never would have thought that I could like Ele again but it's really fun (with Icefury).
    I have the same feelings! I have been looking for a caster to play in Legion and I found Ele shaman to be the most fun (icefury).
    I did a couple of bgs on the PTR and it doesn't seems that horrible in pvp like some people say.

Deleted
    Well then, I've bad news to you two. Artifact traits will fuck with you. And I dont mean the nice way.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Well then, I've bad news to you two. Artifact traits will fuck with you. And I dont mean the nice way.
    Tell me why. What's the issue?