Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Doesn't look half bad to me. At the very least it's looking a lot better than BM
    In which aspect? Imo its the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    In which aspect? Imo its the opposite.
    In the aspect of having stuff to do.

The guy I quoted called the MM spec boring, with very little to do and just 2-3 buttons to press.
    As I posted there are at least 5 abilities you'll frequently use, plus longer cooldowns, plus some timing on your vulnerability-boosted aimed shots.

From what I can tell so far, BM tend to be "more boring" in the sense that the pace of the gameplay is slower and things are a bit more straight forward.
    There is a reason a lot of people would really really like chimaera shot to be baseline. The rotation on BM is lacking a bit of spice.

MM regens 70 focus every 12 seconds with sidewinders where BM regens 12 focus through dire beasts. And Wild Call procs seem too scarce (even with the buff to it) to have a noticeable enough impact on the rotation. Nor does BW give a 50% focus cost reduction anymore, meaning that you don't even have these burst windows where you go nuts.
    Sure BM abilities cost less than MM abilities, but that's exactly the increased tempo in the rotation that sets MM (IMO) ahead.

I can easily see BM having several 2-3 GCD gaps in the rotation where you're not doing anything. Blizzard mentioned that this was somewhat intended as you're suppose to manage the pets and whatnot.
    Previously, Cobra Shot filled all of your free moments in combat, leaving no time for managing your pet, which should be a defining characteristic of Beast Masters.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...nter-11-8-2015
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-07-02 at 12:15 AM. Reason: clarification + source

I feel like the rotation was complicated for the hell of it and marked shot replaced chimera shot. There was no real reason to replace chimera shot; just rename the ability if you want to give it to bm. It feels real crappy when you're just sitting there waiting for your auto shots to proc then arcane shotting THEN marked shotting THEN being able to get decent damage out of aimed shot.

It'd be nice if patient sniper changed the debuff into a self buff.

Also, give explosive shot a knockback. And give MM an aoe slow. And a variation of master's call. Seriously they've gutted the spec completely for pvp. Meanwhile SV gets the reduced cds on aspects which MM is desperately in need of.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2016-07-02 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Blizzard mentioned that this was somewhat intended as you're suppose to manage the pets and whatnot.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...nter-11-8-2015

Did they mean hit whatever keybind you have pet attack on?

Not really much else you need to do with pets barring specific mechanics that might oneshot your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

is piercing shot dead for pve? it's my favorite ability in legion

I'm shocked by the number of people in this thread claiming that LW Marks wasn't viable for PVP all along in WOD, as if pets haven't been relatively useless outside of BM for a considerable amount of time now. If you ask me, my pet has been a negligible amount of my ability to pvp competitively pretty much since you couldn't have a monkey to throw bananas at people and blind them and a crab to root them in place. As far as normal BGs go...even in TBC/Wrath I felt like my pet was mostly a bonus.

But w.e. super ironic that the class fantasy of Marksman was never fulfilled at all really until LW and all kinds of people complain about it. I for one would have zero issue whatsoever if significantly less people played hunters, there's an absurd amount of them around these days, and as usual most of them are total garbage.

At least I don't have to cast steady shot anymore though and frankly that was annoying even in full bis HFC gear and the baseline cast time was absurd, so overall even though I have to waste a talent specing LW when it should be baseline, as it's obviously the superior option or PVE (and pvp if you ask me, unless you just think doing signficantly less dmg is going to help you out) I think I'm going to enjoy playing my hunter a lot more now than I did for the last 3 xpacs.

And just LOL at people actually mad about survival changes, I have nothing more to comment there than that shit was stale for a long time.

My main complaint is the fact that Camouflage isn't a baseline ability anymore. I'm getting really sick and tired of Blizzard taking core abilities from classes and making them talents. Utterly stupid change when coupled with everything else.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-02 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I'm shocked by the number of people in this thread claiming that LW Marks wasn't viable for PVP all along in WOD, as if pets haven't been relatively useless outside of BM for a considerable amount of time now. If you ask me, my pet has been a negligible amount of my ability to pvp competitively pretty much since you couldn't have a monkey to throw bananas at people and blind them and a crab to root them in place. As far as normal BGs go...even in TBC/Wrath I felt like my pet was mostly a bonus.
    What about master's call? RoS?

It's not about pet abilities, it's about your abilities that require to have a pet.

EDIT: RoS, not RoR
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-07-02 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted

But w.e. super ironic that the class fantasy of Marksman was never fulfilled at all really until LW and all kinds of people complain about it. I for one would have zero issue whatsoever if significantly less people played hunters, there's an absurd amount of them around these days, and as usual most of them are total garbage.

At least I don't have to cast steady shot anymore though and frankly that was annoying even in full bis HFC gear and the baseline cast time was absurd, so overall even though I have to waste a talent specing LW when it should be baseline, as it's obviously the superior option or PVE (and pvp if you ask me, unless you just think doing signficantly less dmg is going to help you out) I think I'm going to enjoy playing my hunter a lot more now than I did for the last 3 xpacs.

And just LOL at people actually mad about survival changes, I have nothing more to comment there than that shit was stale for a long time.

My main complaint is the fact that Camouflage isn't a baseline ability anymore. I'm getting really sick and tired of Blizzard taking core abilities from classes and making them talents. Utterly stupid change when coupled with everything else.
    Jesus the amount of pure stupidity in this post is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What about master's call? RoR?

It's not about pet abilities, it's about your abilities that require to have a pet.
    What about Master's Call? Posthaste does the same thing other than providing immunity for a brief time, basically making Master's Call Redundant. You might personally have a hard time adapting to current LW pvp but it is anything but completely unviable. Of course you're probably better off just going BM anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Jesus the amount of pure stupidity in this post is amazing.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-02 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    What about Master's Call? Posthaste does the same thing other than providing immunity for a brief time, basically making Master's Call Redundant. You might personally have a hard time adapting to current LW pvp but it is anything but completely unviable. Of course you're probably better off just going BM anyways.
    Roar of sacrifice is a must with the limited defensives we have not to mention the group utility you get from it in arenas. Also with the amount of mobility & gap closers most melee have in beta atm master's call is sorely missed. Unless you play purely bgs or 2s with a rogue or someone that can nail stuff in place MM will have a bad time, even more so without a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    Roar of sacrifice is a must with the limited defensives we have not to mention the group utility you get from it in arenas. Also with the amount of mobility & gap closers most melee have in beta atm master's call is sorely missed. Unless you play purely bgs or 2s with a rogue or someone that can nail stuff in place MM will have a bad time, even more so without a pet.
    Roar of Sacrifice helps, I won't say it doesn't, but it's absolutely not a must and in reality it's only guarunteed to even be beneficial versus certain classes such as warriors and even then, only when recklessness is up. So useful? Sure. Absolute must have? Not at all.

I also won't say that a hunter in general doesn't fair better with a pet (because I'm pretty sure BM is the superior pvp spec), but the idea that LW pvp isn't even a thing right now or doesn't work at all is just wrong and does not reflect the reality of the game.

And there you go again with Master's Call...Posthaste does the same thing, and it's attached to your disengage. You got melee over you as LW right now? Put your frost trap at your feet or binding shot and disengage.

You make it sound like hunter's don't already have more utility than ever before and damn near every melee class (especially warriors) hasn't lost a lot of theirs. Complete rubbish.

Any noob hunter can kite all day with a kit that's utterly chuck full of redundant abilities. It's to the point of ridiculousness, no you don't need all of those things just to be viable you're just not a good hunter if you think you do.

I know, alot of hunter's aren't feeling LW MM PVP right now but I am certainly not one of them. It was only slightly awkward getting adjusted to LW pvp at first, but for all the things you bring up that are supposedly solid reasons not to do it, the fact of the matter is that what makes the spec work and is the main appeal is the greatly increased dmg that you do, all of your main abilities hit like a truck. All that time you're spending using utulity you feel like is vital to the class, I never felt like I needed new tools to make me capable of kiting people to begin with so binding shot and so on were bonuses and Mists for me that felt a little excessive and just about all you need besides concussive shot to keep at least one melee target off you indefinitely in WOD.

A lot of you seem to be unaware that Power Shot exists. I do not begin to understand why more hunters do not take advantage of this for both the utility (it knocks back people really far and will single handily secure a kill in certain situations depending on the terrain) and the fact that outisde of that it does a lot of dmg and it's cast time is shortened by Rapid Fire, Berserking and so on. For me, as LW MM in pvp I take Power Shot and besides the comedic effect of sucessfully keeping any melee off of you intent on cleaving your face off, fitting it in a window of continued burst is just really powerful and something I find myself enjoying much more than the rare occasion I ever even use Master's Call when I happen to have my pet because Post Haste exists.

I'm not saying that their are not technically more reliable options for hunter PVP than LW marks right now, but as someone who has played hunter since Vanilla and primarily for pvp I don't find it slightly awkward to make it more than work adequately in pvp. All it means is I don't have to worry about my already weak pet at all, and instead I can just blow damn near anyone up in 3-4 GCD's.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-02 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Roar of Sacrifice helps, I won't say it doesn't, but it's absolutely not a must and in reality it's only guarunteed to even be beneficial versus certain classes such as warriors and even then, only when recklessness is up. So useful? Sure. Absolute must have? Not at all.

I also won't say that a hunter in general doesn't fair better with a pet (because I'm pretty sure BM is the superior pvp spec), but the idea that LW pvp isn't even a thing right now or doesn't work at all is just wrong and does not reflect the reality of the game.

And there you go again with Master's Call...Posthaste does the same thing, and it's attached to your disengage. You got melee over you as LW right now? Put your frost trap at your feet or binding shot and disengage.

You make it sound like hunter's don't already have more utility than ever before and damn near every melee class (especially warriors) hasn't lost a lot of theirs. Complete rubbish.

Any noob hunter can kite all day with a kit that's utterly chuck full of redundant abilities. It's to the point of ridiculousness, no you don't need all of those things just to be viable you're just not a good hunter if you think you do.

I know, alot of hunter's aren't feeling LW MM PVP right now but I am certainly not one of them. It was only slightly awkward getting adjusted to LW pvp at first, but for all the things you bring up that are supposedly solid reasons not to do it, the fact of the matter is that what makes the spec work and is the main appeal is the greatly increased dmg that you do, all of your main abilities hit like a truck. All that time you're spending using utulity you feel like is vital to the class, I never felt like I needed new tools to make me capable of kiting people to begin with so binding shot and so on were bonuses and Mists for me that felt a little excessive and just about all you need besides concussive shot to keep at least one melee target off you indefinitely in WOD.

A lot of you seem to be unaware that Power Shot exists. I do not begin to understand why more hunters do not take advantage of this for both the utility (it knocks back people really far and will single handily secure a kill in certain situations depending on the terrain) and the fact that outisde of that it does a lot of dmg and it's cast time is shortened by Rapid Fire, Berserking and so on. For me, as LW MM in pvp I take Power Shot and besides the comedic effect of sucessfully keeping any melee off of you intent on cleaving your face off, fitting it in a window of continued burst is just really powerful and something I find myself enjoying much more than the rare occasion I ever even use Master's Call when I happen to have my pet because Post Haste exists.

I'm not saying that their are not technically more reliable options for hunter PVP than LW marks right now, but as someone who has played hunter since Vanilla and primarily for pvp I don't find it slightly awkward to make it more than work adequately in pvp. All it means is I don't have to worry about my already weak pet at all, and instead I can just blow damn near anyone up in 3-4 GCD's.
    mentioning stuff like traps & power shot in marksman LEGION thread makes it hard to take your seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    mentioning stuff like traps & power shot in marksman LEGION thread makes it hard to take your seriously.
    Translation: you have no counter argument. I was merely commenting about MM on live here because other people already had.

But feel free to keep telling me how much you need Roar of Sacrifice when it's not even guaranteed at all to be beneficial and how you need tons of redundant abilities that do the same thing and can't play LW MM without a pet in pvp.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-02 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Translation: you have no counter argument. Excuse me for getting slightly off topic here, but no LW MM PVP in it's current incarnation on live is not weak.
    you should stop talking off topic, cause nobody cares how it does live cause its LEGION thread. LW might be "viable" below 2k arenas and rbgs but thats it.

Any noob hunter can kite all day with a kit that's utterly chuck full of redundant abilities.
    on live yes, on beta ( which i have ) nope.

It's to the point of ridiculousness, no you don't need all of those things just to be viable you're just not a good hunter if you think you do.
    I was 2.2k on 2 hunters before i quit wod after first season ( been 2.2k+ ever since i picked hunter up ). I might not be the best but w/e internet warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2016-07-02 at 06:25 PM.

I can easily see BM having several 2-3 GCD gaps in the rotation where you're not doing anything. Blizzard mentioned that this was somewhat intended as you're suppose to manage the pets and whatnot.
    Oh you never tried it did you? I've been playing BM at 830ilvl and these gaps aren't that bad (actually if dire beast procs there is almost not gap, with call of the wild there is NO gap at all) its actually WAY more fluid than MM with sidewinders. Why? Because if you are moving you can't do anything except for sidewinders/barrage which makes you a generic caster with 3/4 buttons.

The only fluid rotation is the one without sidewinders.

I honestly hate this sh*t blizz has made with debuffs, switching targets shouldn't have been so punishing. Like affli on live. "Ok guys switch to adds asap except for warlocks, they won't do damage to them so let them just hit boss". It's stupid design which encourages scumbagging.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me the mm rotation please? Have read most of the pages here but found not really something. Reason maybe i found nothing is my bad english
    Last edited by mmoc765b398d9c; 2016-07-03 at 04:02 PM.

BM will have 0 focus problems with this Legendary item that reduces cost of abilities by 20%.
    I really hope Aimed Shot will be instant with 4P tier
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

That's silly. Master's Call and RoS were vital components for hunters to stay alive. It's not like hunters are flat out dominating the current PvP meta.

It's really hard, if not flat out impossible, to call how pvp is going to play out. But point in fact remains that we lost a HUMONGOUS load of CC and survivability. If we get compensation for that in some way or if other classes suffer similarily that would be OK, but I remain skeptical until I know either for sure.

We're losing double deterrence; two of our specs are losing access to an iconic class CC: Freezing Trap; we're losing Master's Call; we're losing RoS; BM and most of all MM are losing Kill Shot; BM is losing BW CC immunity. Those are some pretty heavy hits. And I've seen little in return; nor have I seen such massive massive defensive nerfs on other classes.

Like I said, ill save my judgement knowing that a lot of pvp balancing has yet to be done and waiting for some of the better players to give their feedback. But from the looks of things it's not too good, so I'm remaining very skeptical.

Back to BM or survival... Fuck Blizz

So we are going back to survival and BM :PP