Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Haha that was a great penalty! If he can keep doing stuff like that he is more than welcome

Hedman signs a contract worth 7.85 over 8 years with Tampa! Worth every penny imo.
    he's a really good bottom pairing guy (Schlemko) that won't make you hate yourself in ways Roman Polak did last year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    he's a really good bottom pairing guy (Schlemko) that won't make you hate yourself in ways Roman Polak did last year
    Awesome!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Radulov one year deal with mtl for 5.75 wow

Deleted
    Radulov one year deal with mtl for 5.75 wow
    Wow! That was very unexpected..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Wow! That was very unexpected..
    If your name is Alex and you do crazy shit. Then you can expected to be signed by Montreal at some point in your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kings are bringing back Teddy Purcell, always liked him and was glad to see him do well elsewhere. Hopefully he still has something left in the tank.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Listening to Mcguire on tsn, I think he has a serious boner for Tavares. With Okposo leaving
    The Islanders are fucked to be honest. Some of their best performing forwards have walked out the door the last few years because they didn't want to pay them. Parenteau got a decent contract with Toronto after not working out in Montreal, but he was pretty good with the Islanders. Buffalo paying Okposo 6 million is hilarious though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did dodge a bit of a bullet for not signing PA though, he declined hard after his 67 pt season and until last year, I thought he was just gonna dwindle away. I would have loved to sign him personally but we'll see if he can do it again. I think all the guys who got 6m's contracts will look really bad in 2-3 years if not earlier but that's the whole point of July 1st. For everyone to make massive mistakes and regret it later

Florida apparently going all-in for the immediate future - I am genuinely impressed how fast this team turned from shit show to potentially favorite to win the Atlantic. Barkov and Ekblad are both top-end talent and both 21/20 at the end of the year - hope this new guy doesn't fuck up what Tallon put together.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did dodge a bit of a bullet for not signing PA though, he declined hard after his 67 pt season and until last year, I thought he was just gonna dwindle away. I would have loved to sign him personally but we'll see if he can do it again. I think all the guys who got 6m's contracts will look really bad in 2-3 years if not earlier but that's the whole point of July 1st. For everyone to make massive mistakes and regret it later
    I was under the impression that the Leafs were going to sign Parenteau, but I guess he is going back to the Islanders after all.

Well so much for us, granted with the contracts that went out most really didn't fit us. Tbh we need more short term guys to fill spots and then vacate for the younger forwards in a couple of years. The AAV isn't what's so bad with some of these contracts imo, it's the term.

Matthews looks fucking stupid good at the Leafs' development camp. His release is insane - less than 0.3 seconds from receiving passes to the shot being halfway to the net. His skating is great (not McDavid great, but great), his passing looks crisp... skilled hands, big body, fast legs... I am so ready.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Matthews looks fucking stupid good at the Leafs' development camp. His release is insane - less than 0.3 seconds from receiving passes to the shot being halfway to the net. His skating is great (not McDavid great, but great), his passing looks crisp... skilled hands, big body, fast legs... I am so ready.
    Loved the way he could get through traffic in the offensive zone from clips I saw at him. Glad to hear he's doing well in development. Especially having a quick shot because other than that the only thing I recall hearing Laine having above him in skill is being better at checking. I could be wrong though, don't really watch European leagues much.

15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of accidental homoeroticism in this post is just gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The amount of accidental homoeroticism in this post is just gold.
    This is our first overall pick in over 3 decades, our second one in franchise history, the fourth (I think) top 3 pick that we haven't traded away, and we've been around from the very beginning. Expect a lot more of it throughout the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    accidental
    Accidental, you say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Accidental, you say.
    Fair enough. Matthews is legally adult already so... play ball if you wish.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Loved that video of Matthews and Marner fighting for puck control.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The future looks good for Toronto right now. I finished reading Tie Domi's book Shift Work and thought it was a decent read. I felt like he should have not held back so much when talking about JFJ, but he blasts both JFJ and Bob Goodenow for being incompetent. Apparently Domi and some of the player reps met with Bill Daly and some of the owners including Mario Lemieux during the 2004 lockout and had tabled a proposal that the owners would accept and the players wanted, but Goodenow was such an arrogant asshole and refused the salary cap despite the players being able to work with it. The players wound up getting a worse CBA deal because of it, and he stepped down as head of the PA following the end of the lockout. Apparently JFJ was similar, an arrogant know it all, self important asshole who wound up destroying the Leafs when they had a pretty good team. Quinn lost his job because of bad management. For all the people who blame ownership, I don't think there are many former Leafs players from that era that would blame the owners for their failure to win a Cup, though they would blame the owners for hiring a boob like JFJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The future looks good for Toronto right now. I finished reading Tie Domi's book Shift Work and thought it was a decent read. I felt like he should have not held back so much when talking about JFJ, but he blasts both JFJ and Bob Goodenow for being incompetent. Apparently Domi and some of the player reps met with Bill Daly and some of the owners including Mario Lemieux during the 2004 lockout and had tabled a proposal that the owners would accept and the players wanted, but Goodenow was such an arrogant asshole and refused the salary cap despite the players being able to work with it. The players wound up getting a worse CBA deal because of it, and he stepped down as head of the PA following the end of the lockout. Apparently JFJ was similar, an arrogant know it all, self important asshole who wound up destroying the Leafs when they had a pretty good team. Quinn lost his job because of bad management. For all the people who blame ownership, I don't think there are many former Leafs players from that era that would blame the owners for their failure to win a Cup, though they would blame the owners for hiring a boob like JFJ.
    You should hear how Jeff O'Neil and his team mates talk about JFJ. Constantly torching him for all his stupid choices.