Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just how we handle things in Texas. High noon rolls around and we have a good ol fashioned stand off over who gets the last slice of pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The more you arm people, the more you'll see these little fights turn deadly.
    yet there are more guns in circulation and the crimes with firearms are on a decline.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    yet there are more guns in circulation and the crimes with firearms are on a decline.
    Yes, imagine that, we have roughly 400,000,000 firearms in circulation and yet the streets are not running red with blood.

Its the same old bloody shirt battlecry every time. /rolls eyes across the room.

The argument that 'You don't need a gun to kill someone!" is stupid. Yeah, you don't need a gun to kill people, it just makes it a whole lot easier. I'm big enough that I could probably kill someone with my bare hands, it would be a whole lot harder than using a gun though.

I understand people like guns, or feel they need them. Just don't make stupid arguments acting like guns aren't one the easiest and most efficient ways to murder people.

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    The argument that 'You don't need a gun to kill someone!" is stupid. Yeah, you don't need a gun to kill people, it just makes it a whole lot easier. I'm big enough that I could probably kill someone with my bare hands, it would be a whole lot harder than using a gun though.

I understand people like guns, or feel they need them. Just don't make stupid arguments acting like guns aren't one the easiest and most efficient ways to murder people.
    I don't really think you'll find anyone arguing there efficiency or ease. What people have issue with, at its core, is that it is a stubborn argument that doesn't address the real underlying issues.

Basically it amounts to this...

"Less than 0.0001% of our population uses them to murder people, so lets basically enact more laws that effective 99.9998% of our population that the 0.0001% are not going to give a shit about anyhow."

Unless you straight up ban guns, there will always be evil people doing evil things with them. Even under a full ban, this will continue to some degree. People like to strut out the demonization "well people die for your freedom to own a gun".

Which basically kills the conversation and makes people draw a line in the sand. Hearts and minds and all that jazz.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-28 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post

You literally just made a stupid argument in the same post you tried saying you don't make stupid arguments.

If it had been a muslim shooter this thread would have been 30+ pages. Instead now we get people pulling the "crazy" card and this will be forgotten in a week.
    Thanks MMOCHAMP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about it is, this isn't the first time this has happened. Even recently. I got it confused with another case with almost the same exact details except the mother only had one daughter. Prominent member of the church and outspoken gun advocate, decides on a whim to kill her daughter and herself. I wonder why these aren't isloated incidents...
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    If it had been a muslim shooter this thread would have been 30+ pages. Instead now we get people pulling the "crazy" card and this will be forgotten in a week.
    Thanks MMOCHAMP.
    Because it's about motive, I don't see religion is a reason to even be brought up in this case since it wasn't done for religious reason but yet people like you want to make it about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    As dumb as I find US gun laws this is not an argument, its a crazy ass mom(in this case) and her doing the unthinkable.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because it's about motive, I don't see religion is a reason to even be brought up in this case since it wasn't done for religious reason but yet people like you want to make it about it.
    The real problem is guys like you who automatically go for religion as soon as the shooter is muslim. The door swings both ways, buddy.

I hope the gun serves some serious time for this.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The real problem is guys like you who automatically go for religion as soon as the shooter is muslim. The door swings both ways, buddy.
    You don't know me, I have never say such a thing, if a Muslim did it for religious reason they usually say it and it's reported, how do I even know the religion of any shooter unless it's mentioned in the article and if it's mention there is usually a reason.

I am complete surprised this hasn't gotten its own thread on MMO-C. Shocked I tell you.

4 'babies' fatally stabbed in Memphis; mother reportedly charged
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-07-02 at 03:14 PM.

why is it relevant that she was a 'gun advocate'?

way too much liberal propaganda these days ...

I mean that's how we got Obama elected, making bold statements, overemphasizing unimportant facts, and sooner or later someone who doesn't know any better just believes everything they read.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I am complete surprised this hasn't gotten its own thread on MMO-C. Shocked I tell you.

4 'babies' fatally stabbed in Memphis; mother reportedly charged
    you dont see a difference between a mother stabbing "children under 5" than shooting teens/near adults? the daughters would likely have been able to defend themselves better against a knife.. or run away, as one tried to do & was shot in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    At this point, I wanna ban all guns just so I can see what stupid fucking gun grabbers will blame when people are still killing one another and resort to explosives.

Will they finally understand that mental health is a big deal and should be looked into? Or will they say that we need to ban fertilizer and pipes and shit?
    In the ghetto, it's because the thugs had it coming.

In rural texas? It must be the crazy pills! Which mental illness? The crazy one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post

way too much liberal propaganda these days ...
    Seeing as liberals and their states are the ones who actually pay the bills, you should be a lot nicer to them.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you dont see a difference between a mother stabbing "children under 5" than shooting teens/near adults? the daughters would likely have been able to defend themselves better against a knife.. or run away, as one tried to do & was shot in the back.
    No I was expecting posts like yours where people getting stabbed to death gets hand waved.

You misunderstand, I am not trying to draw parallels between gun shots and knife stabbings, I am simply pointing out no one gives a shit unless a gun is involved.

The gun is targeted as people feel it can be addressed as an avoidable tragedy. The topic stems from the desire to correct an error.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No I was expecting posts like yours where people getting stabbed to death gets hand waved.

You misunderstand, I am not trying to draw parallels between gun shots and knife stabbings, I am simply pointing out no one gives a shit unless a gun is involved.
    People do give a shit, but why expect anit-gun people to use a story about knife stabbing to advocate gun control?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.