Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Because without that amount of health, EVERY healer would counter her with head shots while she's trying to freeze them.
    That's kind of the point. If you're going to have hard cc in a game like this, every character needs to be able to counter it. If someone is good enough to get two headshots off on you while you're both moving, they deserve to avoid a 2 second stun. Fatty left clicking does not mean she deserves to stun someone for two seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's kind of the point. If you're going to have hard cc in a game like this, every character needs to be able to counter it. If someone is good enough to get two headshots off on you while you're both moving, they deserve to avoid a 2 second stun. Fatty left clicking does not mean she deserves to stun someone for two seconds.
    Why does every character need to be able to counter the cc? Not every character can counter Widowmaker, or counter Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Why does every character need to be able to counter the cc? Not every character can counter Widowmaker, or counter Bastion.
    Hard CC causes you to lose control of your character, which is not fun to play against. If you add in a factor of literally having no way to avoid said cc, you end up with poor game design.

The game is built around counter picking champions, absolutely, and I love that. Not every hero needs to be able to beat every other hero. In this particular instance, however, the ability is simply too strong to not allow everyone an opportunity to get out of it with quick enough reflexes. If I'm watching my surroundings, for instance, I can almost always escape the line of fire of a bastion or widowmaker.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard CC causes you to lose control of your character, which is not fun to play against. If you add in a factor of literally having no way to avoid said cc, you end up with poor game design.

The game is built around counter picking champions, absolutely, and I love that. Not every hero needs to be able to beat every other hero. In this particular instance, however, the ability is simply too strong to not allow everyone an opportunity to get out of it with quick enough reflexes. If I'm watching my surroundings, for instance, I can almost always escape the line of fire of a bastion or widowmaker.
    This, exactly. Outside of a couple of abilities, there's nothing you can do, not even reaper close range can kill her fast enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    As annoying as she is, believe it or not she's not used very much. You just have to treat her like Reaper and stay away from her.
    She's used in literally every competitive game I've faced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Lucio- Blast her back, speed mode if you need to get away that desperately.
    Speed boost, much like S:76 sprint, isn't fast enough to get you away from her, unless there's a nearby wall to scale. Instead press amp-it-up in heal mode right before she freezes you if you must, it will make you survive the following headshot.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Im pretty sick and tired of not being able to play my hero because i dont have something like Wraith Form to stop the almost instant freeze, 1.5 seconds is way to fast, and guess what, get frozen? say goodnight, cause right click headshot and you die with most heroes.

Yea its a bit of a rage thread, but in all honesty, isnt the 1.5s pretty dumb, especially on a control map where u need to be in the point. Her and bastion are the only ones who piss me off in this game, and I know im gonna get oh, for bastion go genji, or a sniper, well any bastion who's not an idiot will let go of left click for 1 second so the deflection ends, and if positioned right, you cant snipe him. 500 DPS is too much for anyone
    Without reading your post.....NOPE.....L2p...

if they fix mei they also need 2 fix hanzo lack of skill shots, junkrats rain of explosives, tjorborns never miss turret, genji fast moving reflecting everything etc etc.

This game is about counters, mei buggering you??? go pharah, roadhog, hanzo, widowmaker, bastion, mccree to name a few. they can counter her good....and maybe a "pro" tip for you...you see a mei do what you do to healers...nuke the crap out of them.

On top of that. Mei is a close range fighter so out range her. And her right click....it fire's slow. so you need 2 be a decent shot.

jeebus christ whats next....reinhards shield is to strong??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    really???? most setups i see are: reinhard, zarya, lucio and or mercy, and genji. ( standard build) sometimes they change..but attacks ussaly use these hero's ( or if maps needs it a D.VA)

- - - Updated - - -

lol...so bastion and widow maker that can kill you from a far are easy to dodge. But a little women, who walks slow. needs her team to get close to you. and gives herself away with a massive spray of snow is hard to see??????

I 'literally' refuse to believe what, what rank are you?

10+ Year Old Account

If you're watching your surroundings then you should be almost always escaping a close ranged freeze spray from Mei lol. It's not like she has stealth or any movement abilities whatsoever. I mean...come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Speed boost, much like S:76 sprint, isn't fast enough to get you away from her, unless there's a nearby wall to scale. Instead press amp-it-up in heal mode right before she freezes you if you must, it will make you survive the following headshot.
    That's why you knock her back first, and then sprint away.

It's less risky than using the amped heal. You could even use the amped speed if anything. Soldier can't disengage with a knockback, so his sprint is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    If you're watching your surroundings then you should be almost always escaping a close ranged freeze spray from Mei lol. It's not like she has stealth or any movement abilities whatsoever. I mean...come on.
    No, you walk into her around a corner and you're dead. She's on top of you and too fast for a champ without a built in escape to get away from, especially since you're already being slowed.

As I said, I don't want her nerfed into irrelevance, there just needs to be a counter for hard cc, be it outrunning her or kiling her.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    I agree with you, but I don't think there's anything that can be done to make her less infuriating, short of just removing her from the game. Her mechanics are broken by design.
    I wouldn't mind seeing her freeze do slightly more damage at the cost of increase time to freeze.

With that said, the only thing that I find absolutely annoying on Mei, isn't her freezing you, not her walls, not her ice block, BUT when your own Mei constantly walls you in a bad spot or in the middle of an ult. Example: I was 2 seconds into Road Hog's ult and you could clearly see them being pushed back and wall right in front of my face. Not near their team, nope right in front of my face ><

Having a Mei on my team 99% of the time is the most annoying thing ever. I've experienced maybe 1% that was actually good with her and used her walls appropriately to save us or set us up for some kills.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-07-03 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck I guess. I'm not saying she's never used, but I rarely ever see her in tournaments and I went 7-3 in placements, got placed 61 and can't remember seeing her more than once. Projectile with dropoff, short range left click and easy to avoid ultimate is difficult against better players that know how to avoid you. Her wall and survivability is incredible though. People think Bastion is OP when they're new and then you realize that he's never used later on because he's too easily countered.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Every hero can counter it or shouldn't be in range, just not as well. Some require abilities to be off CD to counter, but just like on page 2 someone linked everything heroes can do to counter it. Just to sum up again though:
    Genji: double jump/slash away
    McCree: Flashbang/roll away
    Pharah: why would she ever be close to Mei? But yeah, there's that boost/hover thing
    S76: again, why would you be close? Other than that, if you're at full health and get his healing ability down, and your back is to her (not as clear of a headshot) you can live
    Reaper: wraith form of surprised or 2-3 head shots kill her before the freeze
    Hanzo/Widow: should never let her get close. Escaping you have wall run/hook to get somewhere away from her, just be aware and position away from her
    Bastion: again, shouldn't be close
    Mei: who gets the drop on who really
    Tor: turrets up=his shots and turret kills her first. Turret down=why are you near her? (Honestly though, I see a lot of aggressive Tor's and laugh at the Humpty Dumpty bastard running around)
    Roadhog: shoot her first, hook her before freeze finishes, etc
    Rein: can't freeze thru shield, charge will kill her, and unless you overextend she should die from team
    Zarya: can't be frozen thru shield
    Winston: can't freeze thru shield, jump to get away
    D.Va: fly away if overextended
    Mercy: stay in LoS of your team and fly to them if Mei flanks, otherwise why are you up front where Mei can hit you?
    Lucio: knockback and run away
    Sym: not really a great counter and will lose more often than not, but if you get her into a room with your sentries and you beam her the whole time she dies. The beam has a very small range over Mei's once connected.
    Zen: has nothing save Ult. Maybe if you can 5 orb her face it'll kill her.
    Again, everyone can counter...one only with an Ult and one where you have to lure her.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you walk into her around a corner and you're dead. She's on top of you and too fast for a champ without a built in escape to get away from, especially since you're already being slowed.

As I said, I don't want her nerfed into irrelevance, there just needs to be a counter for hard cc, be it outrunning her or kiling her.
    If you walk around a corner by yourself you better be playing a hero that's good at flanking, and all those flankers have escapes from her. All heroes CAN flank, but your best ones that are more suited for it are ones like Genji/Tracer/McCree (pre nerf McCree, after nerf he's better standing by the group and waiting for flankers to try and sneak up. My opinion though)
    Reaper can flank and surprise for an Ult, he also has wraith form. That's about it. If you're playing any other hero you shouldn't be going to far from your team. If the Mei is hanging back to harass/kill respawned champions, you need to find another path or tell your team to come chase her off, and even that won't take all of them, maybe 1 leaving the defense point/attack point while others stay put.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play Tracer and zip around her ass.

It starts getting a little silly when there's 2-3+ meis. On her own, she's alright.

Just gona drop this here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's why you knock her back first, and then sprint away.

It's less risky than using the amped heal. You could even use the amped speed if anything. Soldier can't disengage with a knockback, so his sprint is useless.
    I thought you were talking bout if the boop is off cooldown, sorry
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Here's a more interesting question: How do you buff Mei.

She's clearly too weak, but the lower skilled playerbase hates her, so how do you make her better at higher levels of play while not making her too hard to handle for the bad players?

Deleted
    Mei's freeze isn't even her greatest asset I'd say. Since playing competitive, with a bit of team communication using the wall to create funnels and wall off individuals is probably her greatest strength.

The assumption tends to be "Oh the Mei fucked up, I'll just walk around the wall" it's not perfect but its devastating when just 2 or 3 of the opposing team go with it when they think you've made a mistake.