Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Also, not one single game lost.
    You know, there's a reason people still despise the Euro 2004 win by Greece.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You know, there's a reason people still despise the Euro 2004 win by Greece.
    We are not always defending like them. It's more the opposite.

And Greece lost one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, in a sense is indeed broken, the score says so. From a more psychological standpoint, hard to say. Maybe a proper victory occurring during the 120' could have had a way greater effect, at penalties and with such suffering doesn't feel the same, especially since I just knew it was going to end this way when we reached them. Penalties fuck us over more often than not and if there was a team that could exploit this chance was Germany. And they did.

We should have ended it earlier, but at some point the physical condition of certain players plummeted. The attempt to "rise up" after the equalizer fell flat a bit too quickly, even though the game remained sort of even from a tactical standpoint.
    It's probably a testimonial to how much we fear and respect Italy when I say... we'll take this. I don't care, but we'll take anything against Italy. This is the first win against Italy in any tournament or qualification games. Ever. We've only won in friendlies and those don't count. So yeah, I'm desperate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    We are not always defending like them. It's more the opposite.
    Not saying you're defending, I'm saying you won't get much praise for winning a tournament without actually winning a game. Ronaldo wants to crown his career with one of these titles. It's quite difficult with the Portuguese team not being on par with him, but still... if he wins the title like this, it'll be tainted.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It's probably a testimonial to how much we fear and respect Italy when I say... we'll take this. I don't care, but we'll take anything against Italy. This is the first win against Italy in any tournament or qualification games. Ever. We've only won in friendlies and those don't count. So yeah, I'm desperate.
    Oh that's understandable, it's still a victory and a victory achieved in this way is worth of a Champions League final. More than enough to justify a drunken stupor xD

Italy still needs work as national team anyway. But I'm more than satisfied with what Conte did despite the dramatic lack of individual quality. Not like I ever doubted the man anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Not saying you're defending, I'm saying you won't get much praise for winning a tournament without actually winning a game. Ronaldo wants to crown his career with one of these titles. It's quite difficult with the Portuguese team not being on par with him, but still... if he wins the title like this, it'll be tainted.
    Tell me one player of our best 11 (the one who started against Poland minus Eliseu, Guerreiro in his place) who is holding him down. All our players are in top teams of top leagues, Portugal (Sporting, Benfica, Porto), France (Lyon, Monaco), Spain (Real Madrid), England (Southampton), Germany (Bayern, Wolfsburg) and Turkey (Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş).

Portugal didn't lose a single official game since 14 October 2014. When the current coach got in. And all the friendlies we lost we were not playing with our best 11, far from it, more like half of the substitutes and half of the youth teams, or players from smaller Portuguese teams.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2016-07-02 at 11:26 PM.

Oh please, some team demolish Portugal completely and utterly. I don't care who. Nothing personal, but how I detest Portugal.. it's hard to put in words.
    About today´s match: I was rooting for Italy, but Germany were deserved winners. Hopefully they'll beat France as well.

Deleted
    You haters just make our victories so much tastier.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Oh please, some team demolish Portugal completely and utterly. I don't care who. Nothing personal, but how I detest Portugal.. it's hard to put in words.
    About today´s match: I was rooting for Italy, but Germany were deserved winners. Hopefully they'll beat France as well.
    "Some team" guess yours is out already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    That seems very personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    You haters just make our victories so much tastier.
    Right? It's like i said in the game vs Hungary and those 2 goals of them while everyone laughing of us. It's all the humans, gods, nature, Universe, whatever, everyone else against us and we keep moving in the competition. We never lost and we never won with bad call penalties or anything. Everyone who visits our country loves us as people and everything about our country and culture but then in football everyone hate us. Then when confronted everyone excuses themselves with Ronaldo and Pepe. Well, that's enough! It's not all about Ronaldo and Pepe, and it's not about us never winning in 90 minutes, that's what ET and penalties are for. It's just pure hate and salt.

If we are so bad why don't you defeat us in the so divine "90 minutes"? I prefer to win in ET or penalties than with a bad call penalty in our favor before minute 90.

If Wales does it i won't even be mad, they are doing amazingly and the bad mouths of people who have their teams already out won't reach me. They are good people and even after so much history made in just 3 weeks they don't talk shit about anyone and keep humble.

7 runs in the EURO, 2 quarter-finals, 4 semi-finals and 1 final that's better than 50 of 54 other countries in UEFA since the EURO has 16+ teams. Some countries even have a title but it's from when the EURO had 8 or less teams so unless you are from one of those 3-4 countries, GTFO, we are better than you at football. Get real.

What i win with this "explosion"? Nothing, and you probably gonna laugh thinking i am here all nervous and shit but not really, it's just that the hate is just stupid now and really getting out of hand. Everybody can only take so much hate about their country, just that.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2016-07-03 at 02:39 AM.

Hating a football team =/= hating a country
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Hating a football team =/= hating a country
    The moment ppl say they want Portugal to lose is because of grim batol eu having "tugas"...
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Portugal is the poor mans Spain
    I mean, this speaks volumes.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2016-07-03 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    I mean, this speaks volumes.
    Again, referencing the football team. This is a FOOTBALL thread. Stop trying to make it political.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are Portuguese so desperate to be victimised in here?

Germany vs Italy is a tie game for me, so germany didn't remove any curse. They could when they will come in italy and win 2-0. Plus i find quite strange the germans newspaper didn't write some bullshit against the italians like they are used to be. Aryan race is aryan.

This match truly was interesting and shown that the longer you progress the more teams try to play safe.
    However it was worth to watch for this comment of the speaker, once there was a picture of German coach that was again sniffing his hand:

- Where he had this hand before? I really hope it was in the pocket.

Me and my family were laughing so hard on this one. Also because we couldn't believe speaker could let this comment pass xD.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

can't wait for wales to slam home their victory against portugal

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it over yet?

I dare not turn on my TV.. It have had fussball all over it, the last....forever..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    Germany vs Italy is a tie game for me, so germany didn't remove any curse. They could when they will come in italy and win 2-0. Plus i find quite strange the germans newspaper didn't write some bullshit against the italians like they are used to be. Aryan race is aryan.
    Funfact:

Actually they're not Arians, scientologists already proved that slavic people are original arians due to their DNA code which is R1a1a1. The western Europe has R1b2b.

For example people from scandinavia even when having blue eyes are not related with arians, they're completely different group genetically-wise and they have more in common with Hungarians.

Arians went through a long way to Wandals(this is how ancient Romans called them, becuase they named current Vistula/Wisła river - Wanda, so Wandals were the people that lived at Wanda river) , Lechits, and then... Poles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    It didn't take long for Zaza to be in the spotlight