Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Where most start, reddit.
    did you mean the 19th july thing?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    did you mean the 19th july thing?
    No there's a new one that started like last Wednesday or Thursday that said a "big announcement" was supposed to come on Monday or Tuesday of "next week" being the upcoming week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Prepatch is July 26th. They originally wanted July 19th but had to push it back a week due to issues within the ptr build.

i am on beta. and HELL i dont know how all that should happen. class specs, world things, dngs, raids... so much is still unfinished, wrong, broken, whatever. just look at final boss class videos 2nd pass HOW much unfinished specs are.

i really dont know...

with demon hunter testing, and all, they should start prepatch in the next 2 weeks... and should say NOW "end of season" date. and... omg thats all so absurd toooooo late.

i slowly become feared they shock the whole world and tell you: "sorry guys, Legion release date will be 01. oct 2016"

i dont know how that all shall work...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    They have to announce the end of PvP season 2 weeks before the prepatch hits. Even then, the pre-patch might come the third week after the announcement, if they decide so. If you cannot state now an official Blizzard source (which you can't, either because you don't have one or what you know is under NDA) then your 19th July date is as good as any else.
    July 19 is the most plausible date for the patch. Blizzard said that this patch will last longer than previous ones due to the massive pre-expansion event.
    Is it Tuesday already? Guess not, so they might very well announce the end of the season next week.

Deleted
    the sooner the better is all I can say....

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i slowly become feared they shock the whole world and tell you: "sorry guys, Legion release date will be 01. oct 2016"

The end of challenge modes in MoP where announced 4 weeks before the pre-patch. This time it was announced on a Friday so 3.5 weeks would put the date at the 26th and 4.5 weeks would put it at the 2nd. If the patch is supposed to hit the 19th then there has to be a pvp end of season announcement on Tuesday. But that would go against the history of end of CM announcements.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-07-03 at 07:45 AM.

I've been saying August 2nd for a while. Mainly because the movie promotion ends Aug 1st and the 2nd is a Tuesday. I've been hearing lately that the 19th or 26th is the date more recently. I dunno, that just feels too early to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrnlaffair View Post
    Prepatch is July 26th. They originally wanted July 19th but had to push it back a week due to issues within the ptr build.
    Damn, can you link a source, because it sounds like you're just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
    What exactly will the pre-patch bring to us except class changes? Any good items for exping?
    transmog gear
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have changed their minds.

The pre patch is now the expansion. To provide more patch content, what was going to be the expansion will be released in stages. Every 3 months you get a new quest zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    As for your comment about the announcement on the 5th of July, KEEP DREAMING, because it'll be a cold day in hell before they do a major announcement on the first workday immediately following a MAJOR HOLIDAY in the US.
    Do you really think they are not working right now?
    Maybe they get the actual 4th off, but thats just one day, they were working yesterday, and they are working today, and they'll be working in full force on tuesday the 5th.

This close to release of 7.0, there is overtime everywhere, and one day off is no reason to not do any announcements.
    Heck they could do the announce on Wednesday if that makes it more realistic for you, still close enough to the two week mark that they won't care if one day is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    But that would go against the history of end of CM announcements.
    Well there has been exactly one of those, so its not like there is a pattern here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Well there has been exactly one of those, so its not like there is a pattern here.
    Well it's a factor to consider, not a huge one but still one to consider.

And to echo what you said, the game industry give no f**ks about Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    The end of challenge modes in MoP where announced 4 weeks before the pre-patch. This time it was announced on a Friday so 3.5 weeks would put the date at the 26th and 4.5 weeks would put it at the 2nd. If the patch is supposed to hit the 19th then there has to be a pvp end of season announcement on Tuesday. But that would go against the history of end of CM announcements.
    I like that. You know, since we have no history for CMs

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I like that. You know, since we have no history for CMs
    We have from MoP to WoD. The first time CM's were introduced and the latest pre-patch Blizzard have announced a release date for.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-07-03 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Either July 19th or 26th
    Either the 19th July, 26th July or 2nd August is my guess. Or 20th July, 27th July and 3rd August for us in Europe.

If I'm hedging my bets, 9th August (10th August Europe) as well.

Ok. Cool. All bet's hedged. I'm going to be 100% correct.

Also going going to hedge by bets that when the date is announced we'll get that guy who says it's too soon - and he needs another 5 months to finish of HFC. And the other guy who says the expansion should be delayed another 4 months due to bugs and class balance. TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!

Relax. They're not cancelling it. If the world doesn't explode during the next 2 months, Legion is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Based on the FACTS, my dates are perfectly in-line with LOGIC. As for your comment about the announcement on the 5th of July, KEEP DREAMING, because it'll be a cold day in hell before they do a major announcement on the first workday immediately following a MAJOR HOLIDAY in the US. No, the patch will be between the 26th of July and the 16th of August (depending upon how long they want).
    What's so special about the day after a Major Holiday? It's just a bit of Cut-and-paste afterall. They'll have people working overtime through 4th July.
    People used a similar argument saying that the WoD expansion wouldn't release directly after Blizzon 2014, but it released a few days after.

Still, at this point 19th July is a bit to hopeful. Blizzard always release later than expected. So 26th July is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Not to mention this is also the LAST time we'll have this type of CM available so there's no need to keep a pattern going for the future.