Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's what I thought, trying to be efficient with divinity seemed like a better plan but given how divine star was proccing surge of light a few weeks back I thought it was intended, now it doesn't happen anymore so I considered Divinity due to halo looking to be more like a raid talent. This is coming from someone who played holy paladin and the last time I played priest was in BC, so correct me if anything. And also, for stat weights since I couldn't find a thread about it, I assume mastery/crit are the stats to go in legion so far, correct?

Yes that is correct mastery is first with crit following right after.

I'm still thinking there should be some kind of "soft cap" of mastery. Otherwise u rely too much on your EoL and it's not always the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrgein View Post
    That's what I thought, trying to be efficient with divinity seemed like a better plan but given how divine star was proccing surge of light a few weeks back I thought it was intended, now it doesn't happen anymore so I considered Divinity due to halo looking to be more like a raid talent. This is coming from someone who played holy paladin and the last time I played priest was in BC, so correct me if anything. And also, for stat weights since I couldn't find a thread about it, I assume mastery/crit are the stats to go in legion so far, correct?
    Wait - Divine Star no longer procs SoL?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    Wait - Divine Star no longer procs SoL?
    It does, but when I tested it a few weeks back either it was bugged, or I had extremely high luck all the time (which is doubtful) and I was getting lots of procs with it. Now it seems balanced. Maybe it was just rng but I really really doubt it, any clarification would be great, though.

hey Fellow priests, dont know if some of you have seen this new vid released by Bird
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_sYbzlnhwk

Was a bit surprised to see us that low or undesired, i dropped my druid for the priest do you guys agreee? I really dont want to be punished that much regarding my throughput due to mana and having no mobility, can some on beta please give their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    hey Fellow priests, dont know if some of you have seen this new vid released by Bird

Was a bit surprised to see us that low or undesired, i dropped my druid for the priest do you guys agreee? I really dont want to be punished that much regarding my throughput due to mana and having no mobility, can some on beta please give their opinion.
    Yeah she's pretty much got it right based on recent raid testing and the latest changes. Our scaling got nerfed and most of the others got buffed and it really starts to show in the scaled up gear and more filled-out artifacts.

I'd have Holy Paladin at 3 though. Their throughput on tank healing is amazing and while they may not have quite all the toys that shamans and druids do, Devo Aura Mastery is so strong that it makes up for it.

Am I a little disappointed? Yes. Holy Priest is supposed to be the class that gives up everything else for pure healing throughput and it really looked like we were going that direction until quite recently. It's still beta though and they're patching and re-patching every 2-3 days.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_sYbzlnhwk

Like she mentioned her opinion of holy being so low is also cause of their lack of utility.
    Seeing alot of logs from raid testing, holy are doing very well and alot of shamans are bottom with paladins. But atm that doesnt mean anything for any healer as they are using wod tier and trinkets that get upgraded to lvl 110 and some of them are just to good cause of that. Also cant compare a copied boosted healer compared to a beta made boosted healer.

Think we really gotta wait and see for live. Wod beta holy priests were good and few weeks into live they were just lacking compared to other healers. Everything can still change. Atm i am loving holy priest and not really fan of disc style so i hope they will be competitive.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-01 at 11:36 AM.

thanks a lot for the feedback, indeed I also hope they will be viable for end game and progression, since I really enjoy playing the priest, else ill need to go back to my trusty druid or shaman

Deleted
    thanks a lot for the feedback, indeed I also hope they will be viable for end game and progression, since I really enjoy playing the priest, else ill need to go back to my trusty druid or shaman
    so interesting to read these posts. i originally played a holy/disc priest in the middle of the last decade, raided for a few years, then made a resto shammy. raided on her for a few more years, before trying disc healing. loved both. then blizz decided disc was going to be op & dps heal, which i also really enjoyed, although not for the numbers, that did help. now im back full circle, looking forward to legion & wondering what class to play. love playing both healers, but would like to play a class that actually has an input into trying to keep people alive & not thinking, god this class is awful.
    i suppose i had better just keep reading, im just glad im not the only one in the same boat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Like she mentioned her opinion of holy being so low is also cause of their lack of utility.
    Seeing alot of logs from raid testing, holy are doing very well and alot of shamans are bottom with paladins. But atm that doesnt mean anything for any healer as they are using wod tier and trinkets that get upgraded to lvl 110 and some of them are just to good cause of that. Also cant compare a copied boosted healer compared to a beta made boosted healer.
    What you are saying is that for example, class trinkets are getting upgraded to 110 with lower values? or did I get that wrong? if so that makes testing quite biased, considering how good some are compared to the early dungeon ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrgein View Post
    What you are saying is that for example, class trinkets are getting upgraded to 110 with lower values? or did I get that wrong? if so that makes testing quite biased, considering how good some are compared to the early dungeon ones.
    In raid testing all your gear and level get scaled up to 110. So if you go in there with a fresh beta 100 toon at 680 ilvl, you'll get your lvl scaled up to 110 and your gear scaled up to like 850 or something (I don't remember the exact ilvl). This means that if you copy your character over from live onto beta, and go into testing with that, everything gets scaled up to 110 as well. So all trinkets and gear gets scaled to 850 ilvl.

But you're right. This does make testing biased sometimes. For example, a lot of healers use the phylactery during testing which gives them infinite mana. Or disc priests use t18 2/4pc which makes them do a stupid amount of healing. But luckily, you can tell who is using old gear and who isn't pretty easily in warcraftlogs now.

But when Legion launches, this won't happen. Trinkets will get significantly nerfed and will likely be worthless halfway through leveling.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    In raid testing all your gear and level get scaled up to 110. So if you go in there with a fresh beta 100 toon at 680 ilvl, you'll get your lvl scaled up to 110 and your gear scaled up to like 850 or something (I don't remember the exact ilvl). This means that if you copy your character over from live onto beta, and go into testing with that, everything gets scaled up to 110 as well. So all trinkets and gear gets scaled to 850 ilvl.

But you're right. This does make testing biased sometimes. For example, a lot of healers use the phylactery during testing which gives them infinite mana. Or disc priests use t18 2/4pc which makes them do a stupid amount of healing. But luckily, you can tell who is using old gear and who isn't pretty easily in warcraftlogs now.

But when Legion launches, this won't happen. Trinkets will get significantly nerfed and will likely be worthless halfway through leveling.
    That was my thought exactly, I've been checking out some logs on the recent testing and although it's a test, I somehow feel that 850 for a normal encounter with some of those obscene things that you pointed out can turn most logs into very doubtful things. Although from what I've seen resto shamans are on point in most logs despite boosted or not.

Thanks for the clarification, by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Yeah she's pretty much got it right based on recent raid testing and the latest changes. Our scaling got nerfed and most of the others got buffed and it really starts to show in the scaled up gear and more filled-out artifacts.

I'd have Holy Paladin at 3 though. Their throughput on tank healing is amazing and while they may not have quite all the toys that shamans and druids do, Devo Aura Mastery is so strong that it makes up for it.

Am I a little disappointed? Yes. Holy Priest is supposed to be the class that gives up everything else for pure healing throughput and it really looked like we were going that direction until quite recently. It's still beta though and they're patching and re-patching every 2-3 days.
    If dev aura isnt needed the can always go for aura of sacrifice for a very strong raid output cooldown. Persoanlly it looks alot strnger then dev aura by miles. It does so much healing output.

Prayer of mending looks amazing especially when you can combine it with pala aura of sacrifice and make it bounce alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Seeing alot of logs from raid testing, holy are doing very well and alot of shamans are bottom with paladins.
    What logs are you looking at? Shaman is dominating and guilds are already talking about running double paladin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    What logs are you looking at? Shaman is dominating and guilds are already talking about running double paladin again.
    Each healing spec has streanths. Shaman has many cds but none of them are op also they are very good for stack heal. Paladins are on the same boat as shamans. Druids have a very good spread heal with lots of mobility and holy priest are good in both of situation. So far there are a lot of analysis with diferent opinios. I think holy will be very competitive with two major cds one is mana cd thats critical again in legion.

Every healer dominates when you use hfc gear for raid tests because scaling, if you actually use normal gear that you will actually have when the game is live the difference is not more than 5% between each healing spec.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2016-07-03 at 04:02 PM.

Anecdote: My guild is running double Paladin for sure, but that's more of an individual player choice than a guild initiative, and I really don't see a negative to doing so.

Been doing some simple messing around on the PTR and so far I am really liking the changes to the class. Raided to 5/13M before my group fizzled out as Holy and I took pride in what we did but I longed for something more than renew/CoH spam.

Now we have the Holy Words and the reworked Serendipity. Sanctify is nice, but Serenity, damn. Been seeing how many I can push out while under Apotheosis while using only Flash or Heal. Not something you will be able to see feasibly and effectively in a raid but being able to get a 1min cd spell out 5-6 times in 30 seconds is pretty nice. Could make for another nice CD use.

Would be nice to have a personal dmg reduction built into fade but I could see that added in later on.

And watching the Birdy vid, I honestly think each healing spec has a good toolkit to pull from. Some specs will perform certain roles better, but more often then less it will end up coming down to personal skill and knowledge with each class to really make each shine. I don't think there will be anything like the WoD Disc "spam bubbles" and ride the charts again.

I might have gone off on a wild tangent but overall just really enjoying the changes so far and look forward to them in Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Every healer dominates when you use hfc gear for raid tests because scaling, if you actually use normal gear that you will actually have when the game is live the difference is not more than 5% between each healing spec.
    Kind of irrelevant when you have 10x the utility of every other healer on top.