legion fishing artifact

So about a week ago before/after the professions QnA

wowhead put up a guide on how to get the fishing artifact.... but since then have seemed to removed it AND ALL TRACES of the artifact, including its artifact calculator.... wtf?

im thinking it may have to do with blizzard saying they want it to be a secret, so wowhead removed the info about it, but wtf, as a website suppose to give us all the information we need, to delete guides, and calculators? WTF

so if anyone is able to help me find a guide or walkthrough of how to get it, that would be awesome, im currently testing out fishing on the beta, and want to obtain it

From what I remember, it was quite a significant amount of stuff you had to do to get it. So, unless you are going to do nothing but fishing for 8hr a day until the end of beta, I doubt it would be possible.

well i am 800, and i remember it being 2 more things, and it was not "collect all coins" then it was a few quests

but i cant find what those 2 things, are, i remember a pearl in a lake? and fighting a giant murloc?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    There was this announcement that the fishing artifact will not need the coin achievement, probably Blizzard decided to change stuff all around?

Deleted
    well wowhead seem to have deleted the calculator for it but mmoc didnt: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    http://legion.wowhead.com/news=25121...ishing-preview
    seems to be the last article about it and yes seems pretty silly to force wowhead to delete it.

and according to the beta thread m12342 has done it on beta at least.

Do you happen to have a link to the missing guide?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well i am 800, and i remember it being 2 more things, and it was not "collect all coins" then it was a few quests

but i cant find what those 2 things, are, i remember a pearl in a lake? and fighting a giant murloc?
    That means you have access to beta and you've been fishing a lot! Can you post summary of what fishing will be like in Legion? There is very little information here or on wowhead about professions in general and even less about fishing.

I read the article intently because #Salty4Life, IIRC the requirements to start it were 800 fishing, and an achievement where you catch all the Legion rare fish (or maybe X amount of rare fish). Then you fish up a supposedly common quest-starting item and take it to Dalaran. Hi-jinks ensue, Nat Pagle is summoned and sends you into a scenario and you come out with dead murloc parts and make the artifact.

Edit: found the mmo champion article:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=5#comments
    Last edited by Sergar; 2016-07-03 at 12:40 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Strange that now the item does not even exist in the Wowhead database....

On the other hand the wowdb artifact calculator is very changed than the one i remember from wowhead. Bloodfishing is the first trait you get in wowdb, while in wowhead calc it was one of the last golden traits, for example.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-07-03 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That means you have access to beta and you've been fishing a lot! Can you post summary of what fishing will be like in Legion? There is very little information here or on wowhead about professions in general and even less about fishing.
    sure, and actuallty reaching 800 fishing is rather fast but here you go i will tell you everything i have learned from fishing so far in legion

Lures---

We have a few new kinds of lures, one a 30 minute one that can be bought increasing the bobber size by 10x and this can be applied aswerll as a normal lure

rare lures=
    as you fish somtimes you can find things like a rotten fishbone, that you throw down and a feral druid comes and eats, or a fin that stays in your bag till a murloc attacks you and you kill it, or a thistleleaf seed that grows into a planet (these are the 3 i have found)

these things will then give you a buff for 2 minutes that allows you to catch "mega fish" these fish sell for 10 gold, and are able to be thrown back into the water, to increase fishing level by 8, up to 800

super rare lures=
    ive gotten 2 of these, same one though, it allowed me to see "cursed ghost queenfish pools" and fishing in this gave me more of those 10g fish, that can increase fishing by 5, but this one lasted for 5 minutes, and the pools were infinite

and right now fishing can be super daunting as there is a fish called silver mackerel and it is the most common fish you will find, but is basicly usless... i find anywhere from 1 normal fish to 4 silver mackerel, to 1 normal fish to 10 silver mackerel... and the artifact rod allows you to increase the chance of getting those normal fish, so that would solve the issue

keep in mind i am fishing level 800, using a worm supreme lure, i have nat paggles hat, boots of the bay, and a +4 enchanted arcanite fishing rod... yet im still catching a ton of silver mackerel... i will attempt to get the wod temp fishing hat and rod, and see if that increases my chances (really pissed off about those as it made my nat hat and arcanite rod uselss...)

but yes the artifact seems to be a requirment for anyone serious about fishing, and to not know how to get it is rather frustrating, and especially for people like wowhead WHO HAD A GUIDE remove it because "oh blizz wants it to be a secret, hush hush" is complete bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    I read the article intently because #Salty4Life, IIRC the requirements to start it were 800 fishing, and an achievement where you catch all the Legion rare fish (or maybe X amount of rare fish). Then you fish up a supposedly common quest-starting item and take it to Dalaran. Hi-jinks ensue, Nat Pagle is summoned and sends you into a scenario and you come out with dead murloc parts and make the artifact.

Edit: found the mmo champion article:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=5#comments
    and thank you, i will get right on that, i coulda sworn there was 1 more acheiv required, and i hope it is not the "do every world quest" as it seems to be bugged since ive done some, huge mossgill perch for example, but no credit

im going to have a shower, eat, then i will stream legion beta, most likely starting with some fishing if you want to watch

https://www.twitch.tv/plaguestorm172
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-03 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sure, and actuallty reaching 800 fishing is rather fast but here you go i will tell you everything i have learned from fishing so far in legion

*snip*
    Thanks! So looks like mix of WoD lures and generic old fishing, the only new ideas are artifact and invisible pools that require lure.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Thanks! So looks like mix of WoD lures and generic old fishing, the only new ideas are artifact and invisible pools that require lure.
    and the fish that you just get from having lures yes