Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best out of 5 is taking the piss.

Sorry but best out of 5? When did they want to make Ranked into league of legends?

No, the matches are "too" fucking long, seriously too long, you spend too much time with toxic idiots or bad players who just dont contribute or create negativity, and it just doesnt let you move on.

The scenerio:

Me and my team, win the first match, we loose the second, but we win the third...

Surley, an odd best out of three should be enough?

No, fourth match we loose and sudden death we finally get our asses handed because we are forced into defence.

I really, really, cannot stress enough, how bad this system is.

5 Matches in one is "too" long and NOT worth the effort, win OR loose.

I want to play 5 "seperate" matches, not 5 matches with the "same" people within the course of an hour.

I really cannot abide by this current system, not only doesnt it work, but its just, inherantly, bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Sorry but best out of 5? When did they want to make Ranked into league of legends?

No, the matches are "too" fucking long, seriously too long, you spend too much time with toxic idiots or bad players who just dont contribute or create negativity, and it just doesnt let you move on.

The scenerio:

Me and my team, win the first match, we loose the second, but we win the third...

Surley, an odd best out of three should be enough?

No, fourth match we loose and sudden death we finally get our asses handed because we are forced into defence.

I really, really, cannot stress enough, how bad this system is.

5 Matches in one is "too" long and NOT worth the effort, win OR loose.

I want to play 5 "seperate" matches, not 5 matches with the "same" people within the course of an hour.

I really cannot abide by this current system, not only doesnt it work, but its just, inherantly, bad.
    You are right: It IS a bad system. Luckily for us, Blizz has already acknowledged this and changes are made next season. Also luckily for us: This season lasts only half as long as a normal season.

I agree that Bo5 is too much, but anything less than Bo3 is a lot worse. Ranked play in a game like this really should be best-of series, but five games is a bit overbearing.

Maybe you shouldn't be so Loose and Tighten up your game play.

Deleted
    Assuming your talking Attack/Defend then you cant possible play best of 3
    1/ Your win is you taking both points
    2/ Your loss is them taking both points

So right now the game is a draw, unless you want it to end based on who took both points the fastest or do sudden death now.... Or you let both teams attack/defend with the time remaining from the last rounds (what currently happens)

3/ You win (take both points again)
    4/ you lose (they take both points again)

The game here is still a draw(because the groups are even or the map is much easier to attack), so ending it with sudden death isnt actually "fair" either.... If the teams are even the games will last longer

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but I'm not sure what else they could do that would be fair for both teams.
    We forced OT in every round last night, only to finally lose in the 5th.

35 minutes for me to lose a full rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played a 45 minute match where we had to play 6 games. We wound up winning by defending the last game, b/c god forbid we have lost and had to do a 7th sudden death match. You want to know my grand prize for playing so long, performing well, and winning? This:

I immediately logged b/c I have better things to do with my life today.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I played a 45 minute match where we had to play 6 games. We wound up winning by defending the last game, b/c god forbid we have lost and had to do a 7th sudden death match. You want to know my grand prize for playing so long, performing well, and winning? This:

Looks like no one capped a point?
    We had something similar last night. Both teams stuffed the attackers on numbani.
    About 5 seconds before the sudden death round started the other team had a defender leave game. We got the same pathetic amount of experience

simple, turn off chat, voice chat, and match chat...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

how is low ranking gain/loss bad when the game was close?

I agree they are too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    how is low ranking gain/loss bad when the game was close?
    The time investment isn't worth it?
    Luckily the round I had where it was that little xp was over fairly quickly.
    If we'd been forced into six rounds I'd have probably just called the season over for myself

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The time investment isn't worth it?
    Luckily the round I had where it was that little xp was over fairly quickly.
    If we'd been forced into six rounds I'd have probably just called the season over for myself
    Ranking is there to determine skill not time investet.
    Imagine losing a close 45min game and losing a whole rank

I don't know about that, I've lost some pretty long games and gone down 3/4 of a rank. I even wondered if the whole thing was based on experience, making you lose more the more experience you earned...

I guess I have to be THAT guy, but if you don't have the time, don't play this mode of the game. LoL has games that last 30-60 minutes, and that is a huge turn off for me. I'm not a huge fan of that game genre, so those matches are too long. If I was a fan and enjoyed that style of game, I would play it with no complaints. As it stands, I like the genre enough to dabble once in a while (HotS, I know, it's kiddy version LoL as a lot of people say), and some games have much shorter times to play a full game.
    As far as best of 5 goes, I think they should keep it and just improve on the ranking system. I know it will probably be complex, but would be nice if there was an equation to implement of things like KvD ratio, damage/healing done, damage blocked, and weigh that against progress made (completion % of king of the hill or distance covered).
    Best of 3 could also work and just eliminate the other 2 rounds, but this would make it exactly like Quickplay with just the ranks being imposed. This can also work, but it takes out some of the strategy (that people should use, not that they do) such as countering the enemy teams push or defense and disrupting the teams synergy with each other. Either way works fine, but I would assume Blizzqrd will just go the easiest route to solve the problem and reduce number of rounds as that will appeal to the broadest range of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Bo5. Had one match where we lost the first two pretty quick, and then won three in a row. It was a glorious come back.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You already lose a whole rank no matter what happens. I'd prefer if you grind out a ridiculous match that you earn more rank. I don't want to increase the losing. That's the opposite of the problem I'm describing. There's an XP bonus in normal if you go long, should be the same. If you are a tough competitor, you should earn more.

Sports teams are viewed the same way like for tournament selection and whatnot.
    BAD WOLF

FYI gaining a 10th of a level on king of the hill maps is a bug. It has nothing to do with how many rounds you went. You would've gained the same amount if you went 3 or 5 rounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost a 35 minute game last night, and lost an entire rank

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    FYI gaining a 10th of a level on king of the hill maps is a bug. It has nothing to do with how many rounds you went. You would've gained the same amount if you went 3 or 5 rounds.
    A bug that's already been fixed

Deleted
    If anyone on either team leaves (even if he comes back) you gain very little when you win. It's busted at the moment but not because of the standard mmr gain/loss.