Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    Politics aside, the national pride that some Americans exhibit is strange given the colossal problems that the country has. From a US perspective the equivalent would be like seeing Russians cheering for their country despite it's recent questionable action.
    I hear this but where exactly is this national pride you talk about because Americans make fun of themselves a hell of a lot and bash our politicians. Maybe it existed in the 80's but not really today while in Europe you have riots over football matches between countries.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2016-07-03 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing against Americans per se, but I very much disagree with a lot of prominent cultural values and I prefer social norms here to those I've experience with Americans. That's not a dislike, just that on average I would get along with people from around here better.

America as a political and cultural entity I have some issues with, but I wouldn't blame any american individual for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    I hear this but where exactly is this national pride you talk about because Americans make fun of themselves a hell of a lot. Maybe it existed in the 80's but not really today while in Europe you have riots over football matches between countries.
    I don't know there's certainly some oversensitve Americans here that take criticism like a 12" dildo

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Perfect example of why Europeans don't like Americans.

1) They behave like they have superior position over everybody else, and consider all other countries inferior.
    2) They think the whole world owes them something.
    3) They have completely skewed view on history, with USA in the core of all events, and world being thankful for being saved from whatever.

It would be interesting to hear how exactly USA "helped to protect and maintain freedom" during WW1.
    And WW2.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know there's certainly some oversensitve Americans here that take criticism like a 12" dildo
    Well because a lot of the stuff said that comes from Europeans is biased or stereotyped so that might get people riled up. If an American says anything about Europe then they're immediately labeled as ignorant because Europe is so perfect so it goes both ways.

Like how the south gets mocked continuously but then somehow western Europeans don't count all of south and eastern europe when talking about Europe which can be much more backwards then the southern US. It's like to them Europe is western countries and Scandinavia but the others don't count.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2016-07-03 at 09:01 PM.

1) They behave like they have superior position over everybody else, and consider all other countries inferior.
    3) They have completely skewed view on history, with USA in the core of all events, and world being thankful for being saved from whatever.

It would be interesting to hear how exactly USA "helped to protect and maintain freedom" during WW1.
    This is just laughable at best. The amount of shit you just made up based on one sentence is absolutely ridiculous and then you wonder why a lot of people just kinda shake their heads when you ask them about Europeans.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    This is just laughable at best. The amount of shit you just made up based on one sentence is absolutely ridiculous and then you wonder why a lot of people just kinda shake their heads when you ask them about Europeans.
    His post maybe shit based on that one sentence. But his points hold true in regards to the vocal, stereotypical, minority. Especially the ones found in online communities.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this nation bashing thread allowed to be 7 pages already? Kind of pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Well because a lot of the stuff said that comes from Europeans is biased or stereotyped so that might get people riled up. If an American says anything about Europe then they're immediately labeled as ignorant because Europe is so perfect so it goes both ways.

Like how the south gets mocked continuously but then somehow western Europeans don't count all of south and eastern europe when talking about Europe which can be much more backwards then the southern US. It's like to them Europe is western countries and Scandinavia but the others don't count.
    i got infracted one time for jokingly bringing up a certain european stereotype in a thread, when americans get stereotyped and bashed all the time. apparently i hit a nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    His post maybe shit based on that one sentence. But his points hold true in regards to the vocal, stereotypical, minority. Especially the ones found in online communities.
    His post is complete shit and everything he just said about Americans only makes it look like Europe is just as bad making sweeping generalizations that he was so eager to let out based on one sentence. You aren't any better and that shit just proved it without debate and quite frankly that's one thing that really irritates me about Europeans. Many are so quick to label.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    His post is complete shit and everything he just said about Americans only makes it look like Europe is just as bad making sweeping generalizations that he was so eager to let out based on one sentence. You aren't any better and that shit just proved it without debate and quite frankly that's one thing that really irritates me about Europeans. Many are so quick to label.
    Except i didn't make any generalizations or labels. "vocal, stereotypical, minority" is the complete opposite if a generalization or labeling. Might want to go back to grade school to touch up on reading comprehension. I can find countless examples of Americans online claiming his 3 points, furthermore I'm not European.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-07-03 at 09:33 PM.

OP: there is no stigma.
    There are stupid people in the USA, there are stupid people in EU.
    Intelligent people know better than to make blanket statements.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I like your freedom of speech, it is actually freedom of speech xD

Not what we have here in Europe xD
    All of Europe has the same laws?

Deleted
    It's a 'war' between the trash of Europe and trash of America. It's fueled by patriotism and ignorance from both sides. Wouldn't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    What countries
    Probably the ones we single handedly kicked the shit out of.

Europeans don't know what they hate about Americans.

Actually what we hate about you is your media, politics and well circus shows that apparently sweep your daily life. Especially the media. Seeing it as an outsider, and also having the privilege of going in the US, I can safely say that your click bait inflammatory media damns you Americans to a stereotype of stupidity, and we question how you allow that shit show to represent you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I've seen of American politics tells me it's absolutely batshit insane, but no, I don't hold any disdain for the people as such. Most Americans I've been in contact with have been generally pleasant people, both on the internet and otherwise.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    A lot of what America does seems irrational to me, but I don't dislike Americans on principle. I probably wouldn't get along with your biblethumpers, but aside from that the only annoying thing unique to America is the blind patriotism and military obsession.