Deleted
    A little bit!

Also add "Shadow Priests will be buffed, Void form will be an instant cast again and will refresh DoTs as it previously did!"
    then i'm happy :>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post

Please stop spreading false feedback and go troll somewhere else. I don't like playing a wheelchair spec and it is clear you didn't play vanilla or tbc spriest because we were 10000x more tanky with inner fire, shadowform and permanent VE. It plays NOTHING like that.

Shadow needs better survivability.

Join Date Jul 2010

Srsly? Don't be so elite. That is really annoying. His join date or post count doesn't change his opinion or maybe truth in his statements at all.
    Shadowpriest is in no way perfect atm, but far from beeing bad. And yes i do have a shadow priest since vanilla, and yes i did play high rated with that shadow priest in TBC and WotlK. And yes i played beta legion. He might be too positive but you are too negative imho.

That status shadowpriest had back in TBC where it was possible to actually tank warriors and we were kind of a counter to them. Is over. Blizzard doesn't want Shadowpriest to be the tanky caster class (anymore). And i am totally down with that, when every other aspect of the class, like utility, mobility and/or damage is fine. Giving back PH would be a good step in the right direction imho.
    Last edited by nodq; 2016-07-03 at 03:54 PM.

We have like some arcane mages visiting and posting in our thread lately, it seems.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-03 at 05:10 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    We have like some arcane mages visiting and posting in our thread lately, it seems.
    You? Or what class did you reroll to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    You? Or what class did you reroll to.
    Oh hello, haven't seen you lately. Still mad at me for not sharing your opinions, eh?

Want to share my joke weird psycho theory with you. Sometimes, when I see people praising shit changes for shadow priest, I wonder if those people are secretly not priests, but mages and warlocks instead, who specifically give good feedback about bad changes to devs so devs leave those bad changes, so in the end they don't have to compete with another viable caster class in raids, and have another target dummy to beat in pvp. Weird, but despite being absolutely idiotic, this pseudo-theory actually explains a lot, don't you think?

I can't really fathom the idea that any sane shadow priest would seriously tell that he prefers to play his spec with no survivability, almost no mobility and kinda mediocre dps. But the person above us just did that - just like the one Theed was replying to. So, I presume both are "those" mages.

Also: had to blacklist your avatar in my adblockplus, for some reason it freaks me out. Somewhat reminds me of my ex, that look in her eyes, lol.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-03 at 06:41 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Oh hello, haven't seen you lately. Still mad at me for not sharing your opinions, eh?

Want to share my joke weird psycho theory with you. Sometimes, when I see people praising shit changes for shadow priest, I wonder if those people are secretly not priests, but mages and warlocks instead, who specifically give good feedback about bad changes to devs so devs leave those bad changes, so in the end they don't have to compete with another viable caster class in raids, and have another target dummy to beat in pvp. Weird, but despite being absolutely idiotic, this pseudo-theory actually explains a lot, don't you think?

I can't really fathom the idea that any sane shadow priest would seriously tell that he prefers to play his spec with no survivability, almost no mobility and kinda mediocre dps. But the person above us just did that - just like the one Theed was replying to. So, I presume both are "those" mages.

Also: had to blacklist your avatar in my adblockplus, for some reason it freaks me out. Somewhat reminds me of my ex, that look in her eyes, lol.
    Nothing wrong with people not sharing my opinion, blatant trolling is a bit silly though, like why waste your time on that?

As i've mentioned before It's quite likely that we have some issues in pvp, although they are likely being exaggerated by people like you. Personally I don't care much for pvp and so they can change it in however way they want as long as it doesn't affect pve. Luckily they should be able to do that with their new system, so hopefully they can achieve decent pvp balance, although perfect will probably be impossible considering the amount of specs that exist.

For pve we mostly need a few bug fixes as well as perhaps some changes to how void eruption works(basically either refreshing dots or not putting void bolt on cooldown) and possibly some change to surrender to madness as I can very well seeing it becoming somewhat problematic later on.

And feel free to block my avatar, I do the same with most moving stuff like yours.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Join Date Jul 2010

Srsly? Don't be so elite. That is really annoying. His join date or post count doesn't change his opinion or maybe truth in his statements at all.
    Shadowpriest is in no way perfect atm, but far from beeing bad. And yes i do have a shadow priest since vanilla, and yes i did play high rated with that shadow priest in TBC and WotlK. And yes i played beta legion. He might be too positive but you are too negative imho.

That status shadowpriest had back in TBC where it was possible to actually tank warriors and we were kind of a counter to them. Is over. Blizzard doesn't want Shadowpriest to be the tanky caster class (anymore). And i am totally down with that, when every other aspect of the class, like utility, mobility and/or damage is fine. Giving back PH would be a good step in the right direction imho.
    I think you should tone down there lad, Theed is one of the few who is giving very good feedback for shadow pvp.
    And yes shadows survivability is bad and needs a buff.
    Watch some of hes helpfull vods or feedback from when it was still in alpha. Atleast he is giving good feedback and helping the shadow pvp community.

Shadow doesnt have mobility or survivability so what are we suppose to be you tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Join Date Jul 2010

I just wanted to point out that i can't take this post serious. Sorry, but I fail to see how my post was elite.

I agree with you, shadow is far from being unplayable bad. In fact some pages ago in this thread I gave a quick update how shadow plays in 3s after I had some fun games with Venruki as DH and Mage. But I don't see any reason to ignore the issues and be happy with the state shadow is on beta.

PvP talent choices are still bad and everyone seems to agree with a buff to shadows survivability OR utility like you suggested. But I have lost any hope that Psychic Horror, Leap of Faith or spectral guise will return.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think you should tone down there lad, Theed is one of the few who is giving very good feedback for shadow pvp.
    And yes shadows survivability is bad and needs a buff.
    Watch some of hes helpfull vods or feedback from when it was still in alpha. Atleast he is giving good feedback and helping the shadow pvp community.

Shadow doesnt have mobility or survivability so what are we suppose to be you tell us?
    I've only been able to use Shadow on PTR but the issue we have it seems in PvP is that we don't have any abilities to create a gap between you and the enemy. Psychic Scream just isn't enough when melee seem to have 2000% uptime on you and every other ranged. I've almost felt like our damage needs to be nerfed because we are just so strong, but then I think the trade off for very powerful DoTs at least is not being able to cast anything else, heh.

I can generally kill any class by myself without many issues, but all the melee classes except Warriors and people playing a DK who don't know what they're doing (Enh is shit too actually).. it's just a nightmare. Psychic Horror returning in some shape or form would be great, or even Spectral Guise that doesn't last quite as long as 6 seconds but doesn't leave a physical form to target that breaks your stealth, just so you can create some sort of gap between you and the other fucker.
    Last edited by Pum; 2016-07-03 at 09:53 PM.

Not seeing a lot of love loss for the Clarity of Power rotation. It was a personal favorite of mine, and was VERY accessible as a life long melee player. It was fluid, fast and very satisfying, yet it was pruned without a second thought it seems. Was it really that unpopular? Now SPriest is back to being an Affliction copy.

I actually liked CoP, but after a while it went stale and AS proved to be more self sufficient after reaching a certain amount of crit. The initial feeling for the cop spec was like being an arcane mage with proper toolset for pvp.

Funny enough, arcane seems to be a really good pvp spec for legion IF they do not cripple their mobility during the upcoming tuning phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    Not seeing a lot of love loss for the Clarity of Power rotation. It was a personal favorite of mine, and was VERY accessible as a life long melee player. It was fluid, fast and very satisfying, yet it was pruned without a second thought it seems. Was it really that unpopular? Now SPriest is back to being an Affliction copy.
    IMO, the Clarity of Power playstyle was the antithesis of shadow priest.

Deleted
    I have to agree! Not that it was bad - it certainly pulled incredible dps! But it simply didn't match the shadow priest fantasy and history. From being a class which uses DoTs, plagues, and messes with an enemies brain, to something that basically plays (and feels) like an Arcane Mage.

Won't shed a tear over it come Legion.

I started as a vanilla mage in MC and moved to shadow by TBC. In recent years, I have been a druid or disc healer, but the legion theme really made me nostalgic for shadow. I played around with Shadow on the PTR. I have to say thematically, I really like where they have gone with the fantasy. The problem I have is in the mechanics. Now I have no idea how the 110 game plays. As a person who loves dungeons (although I raid too), I have to admit I'm worried. In the time to ramp up and multi dot, everything will be cleaved down by almost every other DPS. The alternative is to mind sear and do crap damage--and even if they tuned mind sear's damage, it would still be boring. Classes like DK, Monk, Enhancement, and others can all cleave but with some set up (vs smashing 1 button).

Surrender to Madness sounds pretty cool, but after the novelty is gone, it seems like it will be a big pain in practice. There are so many things that can cause it to be a waste. You start it too early; you get silenced/stunned; the boss moves out of range. To be awesome, it needs to be fantastic and a bit OP. But Blizzard doesn't allow OP for PVE and/or they factor in for it--so at the end of the day, you just work all the harder to do as expected. And if anything goes wrong, you're dead looking stupid to your raid and doing 0 dps.

As for PVP, they have so much tuning to do, so I'll withhold judgment on that for now.

Previously, when I did Cenarius with Legacy of the Void I pulled like 150k.

I just did it now, with StM but otherwise the same talents (Twist/Mania/Reaper/AS/PI), and pulled 195k. I've never been more annoyed to do an additional 45k DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Previously, when I did Cenarius with Legacy of the Void I pulled like 150k.

I just did it now, with StM but otherwise the same talents (Twist/Mania/Reaper/AS/PI), and pulled 195k. I've never been more annoyed to do an additional 45k DPS.
    The fight is very short on lfr though, so that's also part of why stm is so strong on it. When I did it I had 100 insanity from trash so I could open up with burst right from the start and then pop stm for the rest of the fight, ended up doing 350k at the point where I died around 10% and still ended up with around 300k overall.

That's why I waited to pop it until he was at 35%. I wanted to get a remotely representative use case out of it.

Those who have been in beta and tested raids with our dagger, which relics did you use and why?

I realize those might change due to tuning being still in progress but i'd like to hear some reasoning at least. I have been pondering about going with haste > crit > mastery and then choosing all 3 relics to upgrade Unleash the Shadows (VT crits have 90 % chance to create a SA) in order to maximize insanity gain (assuming AS talent is taken) (all other relics are direct damage increase in chosen spell). Anyone tested this?

EDIT // I'd like to think that I read through all the pages in this thread and did not see any relic discussion. wonder why.
    Last edited by Elofyn; 2016-07-04 at 08:22 AM.

Well i don't have beta access too, but with increasingly higher amounts of crit this should be the way to go for endgame insanity gains. It's like going from 30% more AS to 60%.
    In pvp tho.... well i guess our crit level is way too low to get good benefits from as. Would be nice to hear from some beta tester who plays pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I've tried all the specs on PTR since I still haven't been blessed with Beta.....
    What's the difference between PTR and Beta?