Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaa, I'm offended by people on the internet because I was babied as a kid and have never worked a real job in my life. Sack up sissies, there are better things to worry about in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Remember complaining about them won't make them go away. You have to report them (and use the right report function makes it quicker). It still takes them a few days before they see the repots I think since so many are being sent in. Don't expect instant gratification when it's about reporting players.

Also this applies
    Thank you for your contribution. Never heard of that guy. I will be looking into his material.

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    Waaaa, I'm offended by people on the internet because I was babied as a kid and have never worked a real job in my life. Sack up sissies, there are better things to worry about in our world.
    A real business that wants to be looked at as an professional entity with professional goals and philosophies will can your ass the moment you think you can can spouting bigoted garbage like you can in your World of Warcraft video game. But good luck trying to come off as a serious professional that keeps a decent job in the real world while you talk about other people at the same level that a bunch of unsuccessful non GED holders do. Video games don't enable you to special behavioral privelages in the real world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    You have evidence of this or are u just talking out of your ass?
    I simply summed up what i read from various sources in the last twenty years. Expecting me to save links cause some stranger might request proof is just unreasonable, google arround if you really care. There is much more to find anyway like hired actors for campaign shots in politics and camera tricks to make it seem bigger than it really is, i only touched the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    I simply summed up what i read from various sources in the last twenty years. Expecting me to save links cause some stranger might request proof is just unreasonable, google arround if you really care. There is much more to find anyway like hired actors for campaign shots in politics and camera tricks to make it seem bigger than it really is, i only touched the surface.
    I am talking about people getting banned and then quitting for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Kids and the unemployed on the internet, what font of wisdom do you expect?

Trying to get rid of it is like trying to stop sailors from cursing. The smallfolk need their disgusting sins.
    I think blizzard just need to ban anyone doing that from trade and recruiting chat temporarily and add account wide ignore. We have this chat called general that nobody uses not sure why blizzard doesn't moderate the chats. I came to trade or looking for a group not to hear whether Hitler was right or anal spam.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-07-04 at 12:22 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think you need to reread the OP again. I never got offended.
    You are defo tennisface only he refers to himself in third person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a permaban would be too harsh on the first offense, but the community is still slightly toxic and that definitely warrants taking a look at.

Yesterday a [self described] popular pvp guild elected not to send me an invite after I stated I wasn't too inclined to talk about politics. They had asked if I was for "The Trump God".. I realized that any guild that was worth my time wouldn't require allegiance to any political campaign and that I was better off.. but there are still hurtful trolls in the game. We shouldn't just have to accept being bullied. Being bullied is not just a thing that happens or a right of passage. World of Warcraft is supposed to be different than real life, we're the damned heros of the story here. We're supposed to be able to expect some comradery at least from our own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I think it comes down to consistency. Why are some players suspended or banned after so many offenses of the same remark or action while others are not punished until it has been going on in the open for even longer; some players are not even suspended or banned when others are? I feel like one of the problems that people most often see when saying that discrimination is condoned by Blizzard is when they see these inconsistent responses to offending players for the exact same behavior as someone else who did get disciplined. I don't think it would be too far of a jump that at times there are some GMs who let their personal feelings towards lower level forms of discrimination being okay so their personal feelings jeopardize the objective discipline they are supposed to mete out to all offenders, but instead let some people off with warnings that probably justified a chat suspension at the very least.
    I get what you're saying, but I still wouldn't call that condoning either. If you have siblings, I;m sure your parents sometimes didn't have consistent punishments/rewards for things.. that doesn't mean they were condoning bad behavior. Its compounded by the fact that we have many different GMs across different servers, doing different things...

I also don't think its fair to question "objective discipline" ... I don't think there is some sort of list anywhere that is "sometimes" being broken by these GMs... whats worse for me is the many avenues that players have to avoid that type of stuff anyway. Blizzard has the chat filters, you can enter/exit specific chats.. not to mention mods specifically existing to help you out with stuff like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danbala View Post
    Maybe a permaban would be too harsh on the first offense, but the community is still slightly toxic and that definitely warrants taking a look at.

Yesterday a [self described] popular pvp guild elected not to send me an invite after I stated I wasn't too inclined to talk about politics. They had asked if I was for "The Trump God".. I realized that any guild that was worth my time wouldn't require allegiance to any political campaign and that I was better off.. but there are still hurtful trolls in the game. We shouldn't just have to accept being bullied. Being bullied is not just a thing that happens or a right of passage. World of Warcraft is supposed to be different than real life, we're the damned heros of the story here. We're supposed to be able to expect some comradery at least from our own faction.
    Nothing in that story sounds like you were bullied... "toxic" is such an overused word

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but I have to partially disagree with that. There are some things that are so widely known about, and the kinds of effects that action or word will probably have on another individual, that you don't really need to play the subjective game to judge whether you should make a rule about it. Flipping someone off irl in the US and other similar countries has a pretty nationwide known interpretation, and while not everyone will get mad about that (some might just be sarcastic and smile & wave to piss the person who flipped them off even more) it is still widely accepted that is will piss a lot of people off if you flip them off. Hence people typically don't flip a stranger off to come off as a friendly person, it's just common sense. I know WoW isn't a work setting, but also look at the US concept of professionalism (No, I'm not talking low end minimum wage jobs like McDonald's or Wallmart), and how racist/sexist/sexual comments are never associated with a professional philosophy or business model. Even with all of the subjectivity in the real world there are still situations where it is easy to establish rules for things you just don't do in regards to discrimination or offense/inappropriate behavior, it is clear cut enough even in a world of subjectivity & relativity.
    US is not all of the world People in different areas of the world tend to get touchy about such different things, it's really often hard to follow and in fact I find it quite ridiculous that people have to follow that. Sure, it's common sense to not try to upset people if you don't want to get hurt or want to be treated seriously. But the reason because people dance around things potentially upsetting to others is not because they want to be nice (even if you are convinced you are just being nice) but because it's not really beneficial to not be nice. Put in other words, being rude is not practical. So if someone is an asshole they are harming themselves much more than others. If you acknowledge that it's easier to stop carrying about dumb things people say. Also, in the long run it's much more effective than trying to punish someone. Most internet trolls (because this is the majority of dumb comments on the internet) will go away the moment they stop getting attention. That is their punishment.

One last example could be if a person who supporting & promoting the ideals of a hate group in a public chat channel in the game. People in our society clearl know what the popular hate groups are and the kind of socioemotional response they evoke in the majority of the public eye. This creates another clear cut rule that can be established about speech in game.
    This is a slippery slope. Because we assume certain topics are bad we stop talking about them. But only because we stop talking about them doesn't mean they are going away. Hiding hate speech fuels it growth because it feeds the demons inside disturbed individuals head that create it. If we let them speak, everything is made clear and that hate ridicuels itself. Also, we might actually notice, hate speech comes from a person that simply needs help.

Also, if we stop talking about most disturbing issues, we close possibilities of solving them. Banning people from hate speech doesn't make them not hate something. Understanding why they are hating on something/someone might bring up a solution.

Offense may offten be taken, but too many behaviors are so historically set in stone, or are so dysfunctionally abusive that regardless of subjectivity clear rules can be established for quite a number of things that will always punish offenders in game for using them. You just have to take some time to label what those 'high taboos' are and you will surely find them.
    Labels are bad because they:
    - are not universal (saying the N word by a black person is ok, while for white people it's "the biggest crime ever")
    - change over time (nothing is set in stone)

The bottom line is that if you don't know what offends a particular person, you have no way of knowing how to not offend them or offend them on purpose. The intent really becomes irrelevant here. The whole power in this dynamic is at the receiving side. The moment people understand that, so many self created problems can go away. When you expect some higher power to punish people who hurt your feelings you basicly get rid of the responsibility for your own feelings. Most problems of modern humans come from the fact that we are not aware that it's us and only us who are responsible for our feelings and that only we have the power to control them. This mindset taken to extreme leads to many psychological disorders. Instead of learning from the early age how to strenghten our psychic immunology system we weaken it by expecting outside forces to deal with it. Sure, younger minds will have issue with that because their emotional system isn't fully developed yet and they need some level of protection and aid from grown ups. However, if a person over 25 (this is the point when most human reach full emotional maturity) has major issues with others offending their feelings, it's their own problem and in extreme cases they might be in need of psychological help.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2016-07-04 at 07:01 AM.

Just who do you people think you are?

It is a teen rated game. The fact you want people removed from a game because they upset you seems to suggest the teen rating is a bit to high for your maturity level.

If people bother you put them on ignore. I grow weary of this generation of cry bullies. So your offended? Why should anyone care?

It is your problem not blizzards nor is it the wow communities or even the gaming communities issue.

You people will never be happy you look for offense.

Time is money, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    glad to see responses like these here...
    also for OP:

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yep one of these again
    At least you acknowledge the fact that these threads are pointless and annoying.