Professions Usefulness

I'm not really into professions but i figured i should get into them, and after looking at the unlearned recipies on the PTr(no beta) it seems like none of them are all that useful. BS has a mount i want but i play leather wearing classes, inscription could be helpful cause of the damage buffs, engineering is arguably very useful but it doesnt provide anything I can't already get on my own. and alchemy potions are obviously be required for progression raiding or just trying to raid in general but is that it? What are your opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play leather classes why not leatherworking? Also leather gear will be in high demand since 1/3 of all classes use it. So you can make it and sell it too.

I actually have Eng/Mining/LW/Skinning/Inscrip/Herb all maxed due to boosts but i plan on rerolling from the characters that have them, no lose since i havent done anything with them, so thats a possibility of what I should do.

They kind of abandoned that "pick those 2 professions to gain 1.2% dps increase" philosophy, which is a good thing. In Legion professions will have much less of an impact on how you perform, so you can pick anything you want basically. Maybe talk with your guildies to see what are their plans so everyone can craft different things.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    If you play leather classes why not leatherworking? Also leather gear will be in high demand since 1/3 of all classes use it. So you can make it and sell it too.
    Professions are not useful in game at all. You are geared with better before you learn the patterns. At least armor crafters are.