Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    people deserve an achievement just for logging in to play this shitty expansion at this point, gratz op for spending 10 days of your life in front of heroic Archimonde just to post about it here
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-07-02 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    "Flee"? Yeah, ok dude. Not takin the bait, peace.
    You ain't even arguing at this point, you're just straight up refuting any/all arguments you have/had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post
    No you are right but I just can't understand why some people choose to alienate themself so much like that. It's like not even trying to grow and become better. It's just wasting time into a platform someone created to make money. anyway it's not fun it's addiction. don't get me wrong I agree with ur statements. It's just calls me.

- - - Updated - - -
    Fevyx
    Actually no I'm not wasting my precious time. I practice my english reading & writing
    And I don't understand why some people choose to alienate others so much like that.
    It's not like you even needed to post, if you don't care, move along.

Whether you play the game to challenge yourself into the highest difficulty at the highest level, or farm Archimonde for 2000 kills, the time you spend doing it is as valuable as any other activity requiring the same amount of time, because by your logic, you'll lose it in the end, it is just a platform someone created to make money, and I can guarantee you it will not last forever.

As for practicing your English reading and writing skills, I am pretty sure he had to do that as well to find boostees, and he probably spent some of it practicing his speech skills as well, since group activity are easier and more fun through using a voice program. That part of your argument, like the rest, is flawed to the core.

@Stellarus: You set a goal you wanted to achieve, and you're on schedule. Keep it up and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Most people who take up that position already have some of those skills but even if they don't they can develop those skills IRL while also getting ahead in life, it isn't something that this game does that can't be obtained somewhere else. I get what you're trying to say but it feels like you're just trying to be argumentative with it and don't have a real point.
    The point the quoted poster had was that doing Archimonde kills is pointless and Draco countered that by saying well if you wanna say that then you might as well just say playing the game entirely is pointless (which I doubt Draco actually believes since I'm sure he gets something out of the game or he wouldn't do it) to show how flawed the argument of a time waste was in this context.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head. What one player thinks is pointless, might be what another player finds extremely satisfying. You can't just cherrypick what you think is and isn't a waste of time, when both are essentially just playing a computer game. I mean, I've grinded to +700 paragon every season in Diablo just to get my freaking portraits, then quit without doing anything to get further ahead on leaderboards etc; I like spending asinine amount of hours going from shit gear, to maxed out gear that can accomplish the entire seasonal journey. I was actually sort of sad when I realised that everyone was given a 6-set instantly when dinging 70 (after doing some inconsequential tasks), because that removed maybe 2-3 days of the initial grind trying to fit pieces together to form a proper farm set (and NOT using it would be just as stupid).

I've been asked why the fuck I bother grinding that much if I'm not going for the leaderboards, and it's fairly simple; I enjoy grindy games. I'm almost 2100 total in Oldschool Runescape, which is literally just an advanced cookieclicker-game with a chat-function. I've got multiple alts in WoW at 795 rings and 730+ Ilvl, despite never having used them for anything important, because I like gearing up characters and maximizing their potential (to the extent that I am able to dedicate the time).

Most of it is entirely meaningless and a giant waste of time, but hey; That's what I enjoy, so fuck it.

What you describe takes personal skill. Repetitively farming easy content does not. Heroic Archimonde is, let's face it, easy content. I can do it with virtually no effort or investment whatsoever. Don't stand in fire, press a few buttons. Repeating that dozens of times per day and comparing it to mastering a difficult skill is just idiocy, and you know it, but you're looking to start a fight because you're bored. Peace.
    In fairness, Archimonde being an encounter that both entails target switching and high sudden damage intake, one could argue that after 1.4K Archimonde kills, assuming he has done his best to play optimally every pull and improve his skills, he's likely one of the best players of his spec by now, due to sheer force of practice; Repetitively farming easy content will still help you improve your skills playing any class, because every single time you pull a boss you're met with new scenarios of procs and decisionmaking in terms of how you want to react to the procs, spawns, and any number of other minor details; The more practice you get doing this, the better you will be at judging similiar situations on more difficult bosses.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2016-07-02 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    I don't agree.

You don't need Talent to do achievements. Everyone can use a "fucking mouse and keyboard". All you need is Time.
    In this case many players would also need patience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    ...why. This seems like such a random thing to achieve.

But congrats!
    They didn't invent it now. It was a thing during Garrosh too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I've been asked why the fuck I bother grinding that much if I'm not going for the leaderboards, and it's fairly simple; I enjoy grindy games.
    I think it mainly works by dissociation if that's the right word for it. To put it simply grinding takes the mind off things and it puts the mind into a state of mindless fuzz. I had noticed it very clearly when I played Cookie Clicker during a hiatus from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Thanks to bros like you there is more pussy to go around
    I hope you can appreciate the irony of saying something like that on a fan operated message board for a game where the only objective is to slay internet dragons for imaginary loot.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I hope you can appreciate the irony of saying something like that on a fan operated message board for a game where the only objective is to slay internet dragons for imaginary loot.
    His nickname is "kushlol". I don't know why you even bothered replying to that guy

10+ Year Old Account
    So a boost is 20k, you do 25-30 a day so it's 600k/day roughly. Wonder how many accounts you have to hold the gold on, unless you do something shady with it.
    Nonetheless congratulations on the feat and anyone who can keep doing this.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

If hes not selling the gold for $$ he's being stupid. having 50m gold IN wow is kind of pointless as it can disappear at any time for any reason :P
    The money you get from selling it won't even if blizz bans your account heh

I was able do the fight on autopilot after about 5 kills and without even trying still manage to consistently score in the top 100 dps on my server. Sorry but having to tab target and move at predictable intervals just doesn't translate into a skill worth oohing and ahhing over.
    The fact that you think top 100 DPS on a server is actually a high level of skill is sort of amusing. Not only because "DPS" rather than "Class" implies that you are considering all specs (and for all I know, you might be an Arcane Mage, which means that you are naturally going to beat almost every other DPS spec by virtue of broken trinket/cd/ring interactions - or one of the heavy AOE specs on an AOE fight, like elemental shaman on Xhul), but because a single server often doesn't have very many good players. When I say top 100, I don't mean your personal bubble; I mean world wide.

Whether you want to admit it or not, practice does make perfect. If OP strived to improve every kill, he'd be a far better player than most other "natural talents" due to the overwhelming amount of extra uptime he's had actually figuring out how to heal, dps or tank various scenarios.

But lets put it a different way; If you can get to top 100 of your realm in 5 kills and then snooze, how far do you think you could go if you did a thousand kills more, each of them striving to improve yourself a little further? Do you *really* believe that you have no room for improvement after 5, or even 50 kills? That's arrogant and most likely a pile of bullshit, and any good raider will know that there is *always* room to improve.

Some people are fine with clocking out at "Eh, good enough to get by" though, and that's perfectly fine. But don't for a second think that practice does not improve your skill level, just because you don't want to put the time in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    But lets put it a different way; If you can get to top 100 of your realm in 5 kills and then snooze, how far do you think you could go if you did a thousand kills more, each of them striving to improve yourself a little further? Do you *really* believe that you have no room for improvement after 5, or even 50 kills? That's arrogant and most likely a pile of bullshit, and any good raider will know that there is *always* room to improve.
    Most people don't try to salvage everything with major mistakes. Carries were a lot more fun with 1 healer and 1 tank. Starting in a state that most people considered wipe-worthy and smashing out 3 minute carry kills was pretty fun.

Most of these carries are over-healed and 2-tanked. It's basically impossible for sufficient failure to occur for a wipe to be inevitable, and rarely will enough mistakes happen to even complicate things. If we took 15 quality mains and 15 carries we'd get sub 4 minute kills without any risk of anyone dying. Every kill would be atrociously boring. Nothing could be learned from such things. If we took 10 mains and carried 20, perhaps we'd improve because they'd have the capacity to be astonishingly difficult. We 6 manned Mannoroth and could probably 6 man Archimonde, so you'd have to do some crazy shit (like DPS tank and 1-heal) to require more than trivial effort to manage these kills.

If this was 1300 Mythic carries (setting aside the impossibility of this, short of playing an enormous number of alts) at like 725 ilvl, I'd be pretty impressed because it's hard enough at that gear level, let alone with 2-3 carries, and if you made an honest effort to recover from every mistake and got to a point that you could manage to kill the boss even limping through at 14 players alive and a tank down for the last 4 minutes, then yeah, your group would probably be one of the best groups at doing Archimonde.

I'd expect better than this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...799&metric=hps. And ultimately you have the problem that heroic Archimonde is a really easy boss at current gear levels, and most carry groups have a comp that makes it nearly impossible to fail such that there's very little room for player improvement (given 90% of the time you can stand still for the entirety of it as a healer).

Deleted
    You both have a point. Practice de facto makes you better even if it's easy content, if only for the muscle memory. But, it's also true that if there is no challenge at all practice can only improve you so far.

Now that is another level of sad

Deleted
    And this is why Blizzard can get away with a poor amount of content. People will pay the monthly sub and make up their own challenges anyway.

It doesn't matter that there isn't enough MEAT in the game. By meat I mean challenging, relevant content that is vital to gear progression. People will log in every day and do undertuned old raids for transmog and mounts. They will hoard gold, collect vanity items and so on.

Sure, heroic Archimonde kill count doesn't exactly fit into that category but still, it's a made up challenge that has nothing to do with actual MEAT gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoca7431c090a; 2016-07-03 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you are right but I just can't understand why some people choose to alienate themself so much like that. It's like not even trying to grow and become better. It's just wasting time into a platform someone created to make money. anyway it's not fun it's addiction. don't get me wrong I agree with ur statements. It's just calls me.

- - - Updated - - -
    Fevyx
    Actually no I'm not wasting my precious time. I practice my english reading & writing
    Yeah, and OP improved his hand-eye coordination. What's your point?

Deleted
    I think i will need to quote myself: "I wish i had OP free time".

Fevyx
    And have much more practise to go.

Good luck to both you and the OP in hitting your personal benchmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    And have much more practise to go.

Good luck to both you and the OP in hitting your personal benchmarks.
    In fairness, Practice and Practise is one of those UK vs USA things like Defence/Defense and Honour/Honor. Not exactly a mistake, more of a preference.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah, and OP improved his hand-eye coordination. What's your point?
    Do you even read before making a comment on something?

I'm just saying it's not a very constructive way to spend that huge amount of time in a virtual world. The day WoW will dies what will remains of his achievement? (and we don't even have to go that far)

He improved hand-eye coordination? lol, Proove me that.
    I'm pretty sure repetition is just melting ur brain at this point. The fight is no more entertaining. It's not even in his power if he improves or not because he carries 15 peoples at a time. There is nothing amazing in doing this shit.

It's just a digital number earned, nothing tangible..
    Last edited by zcrooked; 2016-07-04 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    I know there are dumb ways to waste lifetime, but this one is by far the most stupid and dumbest thing I have ever seen.
    It's true, this is pretty out there even by WoW standards. Not sure why anyone would brag about it.