Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    ..*grumbling*.. ran Weeping City like 4 or 5 times this week already
    Fuck. That. Shit.

I have an annoying enough time trying to tank it (when I pull all the other tanks stay in their tank stance... For whatever reason.) doing that more than once in a week? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathshiro View Post
    Fuck. That. Shit.

I have an annoying enough time trying to tank it (when I pull all the other tanks stay in their tank stance... For whatever reason.) doing that more than once in a week? Nope.
    Had enough now, just grabbed some Tank chest-piece from there.

At least it looks nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess i'm just lucky haven't had a bad weeping city party yet sadly the caster pants still elude me.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I guess i'm just lucky haven't had a bad weeping city party yet sadly the caster pants still elude me.
    Yeah. Weirdly enough I actually have more trouble in pugs with the second boss than Ozma which tends to be a two shot at most.

My weeping story from WC is from the second week it was out. Caster hat dropped so I needed on it, figuring it to be part of BiS. Nope, 240 lore hat would be better (not counting savage stuff, since I don't run savage Alex). Course the last boss drops the caster robe/chest...and the only other caster in our alliance already had it.

Haven't seen it drop since. :|

I'm that chest plus another penny/farthing away from pretty much having my BLM gear done until 3.4.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has there ever been a class design as bad as machinist in MMO history? This has been a painful trip to fifty so far.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Has there ever been a class design as bad as machinist in MMO history? This has been a painful trip to fifty so far.
    Age of Conan made a pet/summon class with squishy pets that could only hold aggro once every couple minutes using a skill (if they attacked, the mob would go straight for the caster) that was also squishy unless one specific defense buff was up (that didn't last very long under fire). Most of it's talents/abilities didn't work properly either (par for the course early with that game), but that particular design quirk was intentional...nothing like dying with 8 summons around hitting like wet rags. Think that still takes the cake for me.

Outside of many taking issue with how RNG dependent it can be, I honestly don't hear much in the way of complaint or praise about the class...then again, I don't see it played all that often either.

It does feel rather clunky. It's a shame, really - because I really want to like the class. It doesn't help that they're forced to share a lot of BRD gear and...that's a little too 'fabulous' for many people's tastes. I do like some of the MCH armour/weapon designs. Though I haven't touched MCH much since I got it to 60 since it's just so underwhelming. It should be more fast paced and without the awkward random elements that screw up damage.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It does feel rather clunky. It's a shame, really - because I really want to like the class. It doesn't help that they're forced to share a lot of BRD gear and...that's a little too 'fabulous' for many people's tastes. I do like some of the MCH armour/weapon designs. Though I haven't touched MCH much since I got it to 60 since it's just so underwhelming. It should be more fast paced and without the awkward random elements that screw up damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Age of Conan made a pet/summon class with squishy pets that could only hold aggro once every couple minutes using a skill (if they attacked, the mob would go straight for the caster) that was also squishy unless one specific defense buff was up (that didn't last very long under fire). Most of it's talents/abilities didn't work properly either (par for the course early with that game), but that particular design quirk was intentional...nothing like dying with 8 summons around hitting like wet rags. Think that still takes the cake for me.

Outside of many taking issue with how RNG dependent it can be, I honestly don't hear much in the way of complaint or praise about the class...then again, I don't see it played all that often either.

I wish there was one dps class (ex WARRIOR) that I could get into.

MNK - 50
    DRG - 54
    BRD - 50
    NIN - 51
    BLM - 60
    SMN - 52ISH
    MCH - 51
    WARR - 60 2x

I'm going to think about after I come back from Chic-fil-A.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't get into any DPS class either. Sometimes doodling around on my BLM but my hearts just not really in it.
    Maybe it's because I played DPS for 9 years in WoW that I've grown tired of it, but I just find playing DPS boring and needlessly "PITA" w/o UI mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at my neighbor and trying to think if my house value went down or up..

Also laughing with Dragonskin maps - I seem to have 100% chance of opening the portal to that place, and another officer seems to have very high chance of reaching floor #7. My portals usually end at floor #4-5.

MNK - 50
    DRG - 54
    BRD - 50
    NIN - 51
    BLM - 60
    SMN - 52ISH
    MCH - 51
    WARR - 60 2x

i have every dps except MCH at 60 and most of them are completely different compared to 50.

MNK - 50
    DRG - 54
    BRD - 50
    NIN - 51
    BLM - 60
    SMN - 52ISH
    MCH - 51
    WARR - 60 2x

I have BLM, DRG, and SMN at 60, and all 3 change significanlty going from 50-60.

SMN: Smoothest transition from 50-60. You get a nice new AoE ability at 52 (Painflare), a quick CD for applying all of your DoTs to a single target, then Dreadwyrm Trance at 58, topping off with the ever-so satisfying Deathflare at 60.

DRG: You're at the oddball point with DRG. You'll have Blood of the Dragon, but it's underwhelming as a cd. 56 you get Fang and Claw, which lets you refresh (and increase) the duration of BotD. 58 gets Wheeling Thrust, which gives the rotation a flavor of RNG (in a reasonable way). 60 nets you Geirskogul, which I haven't even attempted to use yet (I dinged 60 a week ago on DRG, did the last quest, haven't switched to it since). Kinda hard to bother when you have no gear + another dps class (BLM) decked out fully. Speaking of which...

BLM: Pretty crappy skill acquisition/progression through 50-59. Then you get Fire 4 at 60 and the whole playstyle gets turned on it's head. Basically, you can do the level 50 rotation all the way up to 59, then at 60 it borders on playing a whole new class outright. Drastic change, but having played BLM most of my FF14 playtime, I much prefer the level 60 setup; even though it can be frustrating at times (losing enochian buff before cd is up), it doesn't have me falling asleep at the keyboard. For a semi-detailed description (and hilarious) of how it works at 60, see the link in my sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Basically, you can do the level 50 rotation all the way up to 59, then at 60 it borders on playing a whole new class outright.
    Yup, getting the Lv 60 skill surely was a "WTF?!" moment for my BLM.

120/240 on relic atm. Use my first treatment and a plus 6 bonus on the first one. AW YIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    120/240 on relic atm. Use my first treatment and a plus 6 bonus on the first one. AW YIS.
    I think I'm at 90-something. Going to try and do a hard push this week and get to the halfway point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats you both. I'm at 49. Not much time to tend to the cat lately. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Grats you both. I'm at 49. Not much time to tend to the cat lately. <_<
    I'm right behind you with 48. As in 48/80 unidentifieds...for my second anima.

Semi-related note, the 210 step isn't near as awful now;

- The standard daily roulettes
    - Beast tribe quests, especially including moogles
    - Hunts (for tomes and allied seals)

Between those three sources, I went from 34/80 to 48/80 in the span of the past two days. Toss in some dragonskin maps/Aquapolis...I don't think they'll go back and nerf that quest any further, until maybe 4.0 or beyond, when it's all glamour stuff at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile still working towards first Anima..

Had 3 ore drops yesterday, but of course somebody who hadn't even started Anima yet felt like needing on them, so only won 1/3.