They "could" work on legacy versions as we speak but their strategy can also revolve on avoiding the subject until the hype/anger wave just goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    WoW will most likely keep pushing crap content and blame the fact that the game is old when sub numbers go down and down.

Just know it isn't true. They just made the game too crappy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder. Does any Legacy player really think that the game is at all salvageable at this point? I personally cannot see it anymore. So sad.
    All they have to do is start cutting content and putting it in the next expansion! That'll work.

In honesty probably not. Most legacy players admit to not having even played since Wrath-cata. They didn't try WoD, MoP, and they won't try Legion. No matter what.

I haven't played WoW in over 4 years - however I would definitely come back for Legacy servers.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by .Aen View Post
    I haven't played WoW in over 4 years - however I would definitely come back for Legacy servers.
    Not me. That's so 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It shows that if you build a community, people will want to be a part of it.
    This exactly.

I, much like, I imagine, a TON of other people, was not even aware of the Nostalrius servers, until the day they were shut down. I really only ever heard a whisper of private servers, and that was years ago, back when some of the current game still held a moderate level of interest for me to not seek out anything else.

If I was made aware that servers were up and as capable as Nostalrius was, I would have invested a significant amount of my time and even money into it.

Some people have to understand. The entire database of players may not even venture into Worldofwarcraft.com. Think all the millions come to troll the mmo champ forums? Wowhead? Probably not. I highly suspect most stop after a google search of whatever info they want to find out.

I have been playing since the original beta of the game, still play, and I would even play much longer if some legacy hinted this direction. I loved vanilla, loved tbc, loved wrath. If there was a chance of biting my teeth into and sinking more time into them again in their current content level, I'm 110% down.

I agree that some people despise the idea. And that's fine. People have their opinions and views, that's their right. But other people enjoy the old. Even if it's an unprogressive state (altho I'm sure/hope they would help make some kind of progressive state/rotation if the servers were to come to life, to make it not wash out).

At the very least, I can't imagine it being as costly as it's being made out to be, especially for a multi million (billion?) dollar company. It's at least worth an ATTEMPT.

Don't let the conversations die.

Quote Originally Posted by fofilolipop View Post
    Server community was a thing in cataclysm, crz came with mop and it wasn't even that bad then. The real killer i think is the group finder tool and ability to do any content cross servers.
    LFD group finder came in the 2nd half of WotLK, before Cataclysm.

Once that happened, there was not a good community henceforth.

Cross realm zones & finders was a nail in the coffin, but only after the coffin was lowered into the ground.

A lack of a dungeon finder doesn't improve server communities. You can play on any of these private realms and see the same racist chat spam, the same dungeon trolls and toxic players, the same guild drama, etc. I played on US-Ysondre before the dungeon finder was implemented, and it didn't have this great community that was shattered by the dungeon finder. Typing LFM 2 Halls of Lightning does not foster community in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    A lack of a dungeon finder doesn't improve server communities. You can play on any of these private realms and see the same racist chat spam, the same dungeon trolls and toxic players, the same guild drama, etc. I played on US-Ysondre before the dungeon finder was implemented, and it didn't have this great community that was shattered by the dungeon finder. Typing LFM 2 Halls of Lightning does not foster community in a game.
    In my experience, yes a lack of dungeon finder does improve server communities. Older servers were conducive to strong guilds, friendship, enemies, and alliances, all of which tie to community. When you no longer recognize the people you are playing with, that is called a lack of community, ie the current state of WoW.

While it is very trendy these days to claim racism, it is apart of online games, and it will never go away. Your savior is the RPG part of MMORPG's, and a good MMORPG can form such strong bonds that not even the worst insults could break.

Pre-Cataclysm, anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually half and half.

Take a priv server or retail legacy/BC for instance, you join a huge guild and EVERYONE talks and makes friends with each other because you sorta need each other for dungeons and doing things, therefore the community just builds from there.

Whereas now, 95% of guilds are feeder guilds that are rip gchat / basically garbage incorporated.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

At this point I've decided to sit out the launch of Legion. I'll come back for a Vanilla server, or a pristine Legion server. Both interest me for different reasons, though I'm unsure if either will become a reality. I'll patiently wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Plenty of Nost players and people that want classic will play Legion.
    At some point probably. Will however wait on a review, after what happened in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still glad the thieves where punished and this trash canned
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Link to the Post-Mortem analysis Nostalrius delivered to Blizzard.

http://docdro.id/flUbn6G

Virustotal link (it's just a pdf file) for the paranoid:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/04...is/1467735440/

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    In my experience, yes a lack of dungeon finder does improve server communities. Older servers were conducive to strong guilds, friendship, enemies, and alliances, all of which tie to community.
    Ok, but, on the other hand, you don't see these things developing in reality. Servers without the dungeon finder that exist today - both Classic and TBC realms as well as realms that have the dungeon finder disabled - haven't fostered this sense of community.

Moreover I'm not sure the sense of community you're talking about, even if it existed, justifies the gameplay detriment in removing automated queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    It's actually half and half.

Take a priv server or retail legacy/BC for instance, you join a huge guild and EVERYONE talks and makes friends with each other because you sorta need each other for dungeons and doing things, therefore the community just builds from there.

Whereas now, 95% of guilds are feeder guilds that are rip gchat / basically garbage incorporated.
    Or, you can join garbage feeder guilds on a private realm, or join close-knit guilds on retail. Like obviously both kinds of guilds exist in both places and always have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Still glad the thieves where punished and this trash canned
    Punished? They were flown out to Blizzard to explain how they did things... The devs marveled at their work and dedication to the original game. You have a strange sense of punishment.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Punished? They were flown out to Blizzard to explain how they did things... The devs marveled at their work and dedication to the original game. You have a strange sense of punishment.
    The new Devs marveled at work they could not accomplish themselves. News at 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, but, on the other hand, you don't see these things developing in reality. Servers without the dungeon finder that exist today - both Classic and TBC realms as well as realms that have the dungeon finder disabled - haven't fostered this sense of community.
    More methods were available to achieve community in Legacy. --- a product of game mechanics. In the old game, whether you wanted to or not, you would eventually learn the good and bad folks on your server, the honest, the thieves, the kind, and the malign. The funny, the sadist, the dedicated players, the casuals. You would remember names. You would know who you liked and who you did not. Who completed dungeons and who ditched early. Who to group with, and who not to.

I suppose it depends how often you play. If you don't play often, there is likely less community for yourself, as other people who play often don't really know you, and see you as a casual who won't stay anyways.

You can't expect to just play and get red carpets and singing praise. Do stuff, and you will eventually get recognized. Earn that recognition.

The new Devs marveled at work they could not accomplish themselves. News at 11.
    Must be Fox news because that narrative is quite the laugh. Yeah Blizz totally couldn't accomplish it when these people could *eyeroll*

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Must be Fox news because that narrative is quite the laugh. Yeah Blizz totally couldn't accomplish it when these people could *eyeroll*
    If the current team was faced with a 2004 release of WoW, this game would have never happened. Sorry.

If the current team was faced with a 2004 release of WoW, this game would have never happened. Sorry.
    What the hell are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What the hell are you even talking about?
    So many posts in your history, and you don't know what I'm talking about? /boggle