Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    I hope Castigator becomes the best in that row, much more engaging than the others.
    I have ~40% crit right now, Castigor is crazy on resource gen. It's really really fast paced and you're essentially constantly fighting with your wounds stacks. Really fun, but not rewarding with current tuning on wounds. Hopefully they buff wounds enough as to it feels really good damage wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    I hope Castigator becomes the best in that row, much more engaging than the others.
    God no. I hope it's CS so that we never have to worry about fully wasting dnd/defile. And so we don't lose as much dps if we need to move away from a mob/boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    CS nerf is fine. As long as its competitive with that tier thats all we can ask for. It will still hold the advantage of being full shadow and ranged. So as long as the nerf isnt ridiculous, it should always remain competitive.
    What's your opinion about the intended design of CS? I think the main advantage is the 30y range with an added dmg bonus on top of that. I don't think the range is useful for anything if they nerf CS so much that you have to use FS in order to stack Wounds/Diseases. Because for FS you need to be in melee anyway so the advantage of a 30y strike diminishes extremely.

Maybe this is their intended design if you use CS you are completely ranged with added pets with no need to cast FS?

Just a thought. You guys probably have more insight into what some Blizz Devs / Skullflower have in mind with this talent.

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    What's your opinion about the intended design of CS? I think the main advantage is the 30y range with an added dmg bonus on top of that. I don't think the range is useful for anything if they nerf CS so much that you have to use FS in order to stack Wounds/Diseases. Because for FS you need to be in melee anyway so the advantage of a 30y strike diminishes extremely.

Maybe this is their intended design if you use CS you are completely ranged with added pets with no need to cast FS?

Just a thought. You guys probably have more insight into what some Blizz Devs / Skullflower have in mind with this talent.
    The intended design is 100% not to be full ranged, you lose out on a lot more than just FW/FS damage, melee white hits, Apocalypse use (and thus army ghouls and their debuffs/explosions). It's just an added bonus really, nothing more.

One of the biggest things it does for you though is you can drop DnD on yourself while staying on the boss, then tab to a group of adds and use CS to cleave all of them. If they all had say an Immolation aura or some other reason you shouldn't be near them, this adds a ton of extra damage on them from a melee dps source that otherwise wouldn't be there, burning them down faster and getting people all back on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The intended design is 100% not to be full ranged, you lose out on a lot more than just FW/FS damage, melee white hits, Apocalypse use (and thus army ghouls and their debuffs/explosions). It's just an added bonus really, nothing more.

One of the biggest things it does for you though is you can drop DnD on yourself while staying on the boss, then tab to a group of adds and use CS to cleave all of them. If they all had say an Immolation aura or some other reason you shouldn't be near them, this adds a ton of extra damage on them from a melee dps source that otherwise wouldn't be there, burning them down faster and getting people all back on the boss.
    Thank you for the reply. Yeah the synergy between DnD and CS on range packs feels really good.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah the synergy between DnD and CS on range packs feels really good.
    It's really great for leveling too, simply for the fact that Unholy has less aoe/rotational stuns compared to Frost. Unholy and Frost leveling wise have about the same survivbility, but that's assuming you get things you pull as Unholy low before they get to you. CS really helps with that and keeps you going.

It's really great for leveling too, simply for the fact that Unholy has less aoe/rotational stuns compared to Frost. Unholy and Frost leveling wise have about the same survivbility, but that's assuming you get things you pull as Unholy low before they get to you. CS really helps with that and keeps you going.
    I agree. I did level as Frost though because with the last builds I felt frost was dishing out way more burst damage and AOE damage. As soon as some of the bugs with UH are fixed as indicated by Celestalon I guess this should get better.

I agree. I did level as Frost though because with the last builds I felt frost was dishing out way more burst damage and AOE damage. As soon as some of the bugs with UH are fixed as indicated by Celestalon I guess this should get better.
    Frost and Unholy are currently the same overall efficiency for leveling, though playstyles are different. People should level as whichever they plan to play at 110 in whatever content it is that they do. Sounds like we are going to get a lot of numbers tuning to both frost and unholy soon, but I doubt one will pull ahead for leveling at least.

Yea, I look at CS as a rare case where blizzard is actually trying to give us a work around for a major weakness (lack of/weakness to mobility). Being ranged and full shadow wont be enough...the numbers need to be there. But it definitely reduces the dps loss if you drop DnD/Defile at the wrong time or if a boss fight requires a ton of movement. Now we have tools that allow us to utilize RP and runes while at ranged.

But the design of the talent is good because staying 100% ranged is definitely a dps loss.

Yea, I look at CS as a rare case where blizzard is actually trying to give us a work around for a major weakness (lack of/weakness to mobility). Being ranged and full shadow wont be enough...the numbers need to be there. But it definitely reduces the dps loss if you drop DnD/Defile at the wrong time or if a boss fight requires a ton of movement. Now we have tools that allow us to utilize RP and runes while at ranged.

But the design of the talent is good because staying 100% ranged is definitely a dps loss.
    Staying on a boss that spawns adds at a different location or corner of the room while cleaving them from range with CS is a great plus. I really like this design decision.

Staying on a boss that spawns adds at a different location or corner of the room while cleaving them from range with CS is a great plus. I really like this design decision.
    I love the idea of that. Attacking something here and in order to deal with something ugly over there we throw DnD at it and CS as we rush over. It makes the idea of what UH DKs are so much more alive in my mind.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I love the idea of that. Attacking something here and in order to deal with something ugly over there we throw DnD at it and CS as we rush over. It makes the idea of what UH DKs are so much more alive in my mind.
    Unless you are standing in DND your SS/CS won't cleave, so unless you get up to the mobs quick be wary of tossing it away from your feet

Unless you are standing in DND your SS/CS won't cleave, so unless you get up to the mobs quick be wary of tossing it away from your feet
    I know, but still I like it. I like the idea of it. Don't take these things from me!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

a lot of number changes on this build.

Festering Strike Deals (400% Deals--->(500% of weapon damage) Physical damage and infects the target with 2 to 4 Festering Wounds. Festering Wound A pustulent lesion that will burst on death or when damaged by Scourge Strike, dealing [ 50%---> [ 90% of AP ] Shadow damage and generating 3 Runic Power. Death Knight - Unholy Spec. 2 Runes. Melee range. Instant.

Festering Wound A pustulent lesion that will burst on death or when damaged by Scourge Strike, dealing [ 50--->% [ 90% of AP ] Shadow damage and generating 3 Runic Power. Death Knight - Unholy Spec.

i think those outweigh the slight nerfs. thoughts?

mmoC is always missing or reporting incorrect numbers. http://www.wowhead.com/news=253997/l...3-data-updates
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-07-06 at 03:42 AM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Army of the Dead Ghouls have 30% of caster's AP (from 4.1%)
    Apocalypse up to 400% physical damage up from 150%
    The Shambler increased to 300% of AP up from 100%
    Portal to the Underworld upped to 15% of ap (was bugged to use 1% before)

Just a couple things that MMO missed

The Shambler > Scourge of Worlds now? Hmmm, I wonder.

The Shambler > Scourge of Worlds now? Hmmm, I wonder.
    Likely because Shambler has some weird RPPM on it, would be hard to tell. Also might depend on what build you're going for

Likely because Shambler has some weird RPPM on it, would be hard to tell. Also might depend on what build you're going for
    One thing I forgot to consider is the awful defensive ability you have to take to get The Shambler.

Am I the only one not happy about Necrosis buff? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Death Strike Cost changed from 40 Runic Power to 45 Runic Power.

I don't have beta, but testing my DK on PTR, Death Strike seemed extremely weak. This change worries me. Anyone else care to weigh in?