Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are we going to -spoiler- in Legion's last patch?

I am finishing the Illidan novel right now, I have just past the part where Illidan shatters Nathreza with his army and recovers the Seal of Argus. After the events in the Exodar with Velen during the Fallen Star questline, do you think we are going to invade Argus during this expansion or Blizzard is building up the stage for the next one?

I'm pretty confident we won't go to Argus in Legion. Building a new planet is a lot of work so we'll probably visit it in some standalone expansion but it probably won't be the next one. If Blizzard is smart (and learned from the past with orcs everywhere) they will give us a demon-free expansion afterwards.

So many possibilities... Its gonna be for best to finish the demons here first and then to go to Argus ( as next or the expansion after the next one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I'm pretty confident we won't go to Argus in Legion. Building a new planet is a lot of work so we'll probably visit it in some standalone expansion but it probably won't be the next one. If Blizzard is smart (and learned from the past with orcs everywhere) they will give us a demon-free expansion afterwards.
    With out going into spoilers it's extremely likely the final raid will be us going to Argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    With out going into spoilers it's extremely likely the final raid will be us going to Argus.
    I think so as well. A lot of people in the forums say that Kil'jaeden will be the final boss of Legion, and after reading the novel I am starting to think this may be the case because Illidan talks about bringing the fight to him. Perhaps they introduce Argus in 7.2 and in 7.3 we invade the capital or something like that.

They wouldn't need to build entire planet for us to fight against Kil'Jaeden. Assuming that Blizzard's plan is to have us fighting against KJ as the final encounter of the expansion, they would only need to develop one zone (acting as the Army of Light's base on Argus) and one instance (KJ's palace). Close the zone off with holy or fel flame, make up a reason for it (i.e: KJ doesn't want us to escape or the Naaru put up a shield to protect us from the lethal fel-saturated air of Argus) - and that's it. If even that is too much work, they could just design the raid only (KJ's palace) and have us teleported directly into it through Illidan's portal in BT. There, we reach Argus. The rest of the planet can be designed later for a future expansion in which we use Argus as a base to fight against that expansion's enemies - be it the Void creatures, the remnants of the Legion or the new breed of wild demons from the Nether.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-04 at 10:07 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

We can't even hold them off in our planet. We continue to sacrifice many great heroes and Legion is still breaking most of our forces. They continiously invade both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, and even Pandaria. Heck even this expack's primary goal is to close the portals caused by Tomb of Sargeras, NOT to defeat Legion. An Argus patch is unlikely for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    We can't even hold them off in our planet. We continue to sacrifice many great heroes and Legion is still breaking most of our forces. They continiously invade both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, and even Pandaria. Heck even this expack's primary goal is to close the portals caused by Tomb of Sargeras, NOT to defeat Legion. An Argus patch is unlikely for now.
    If the strategy is to send a small-ish force (us, Illidan, Velen's people) while the Legion continues to ignorantly focus its main forces on Azeroth (therefore spreading itself too thin and possibly having many or most of its generals there, away from KJs side), it could work. KJ would be unguarded and the Legion largely distracted elsewhere.

Whole expansion is leading up to us going to Argus. We probably go there with an elite strikeforce from all the guild order halls + the Illidari and kill Kil'Jaedan. Then we set some kind of light infused explosive that blows up Argus, permanently killing a mess of demons and crippling the Legion permanently.

I'll bet my hat that's how this expansion ends, with us glimpsing a fel Argus from KJ's palace. We catch the heads of the Legion completely off guard and kill them, then we sever the Legion's connection to Azeroth permanently by blowing up Argus.
    Last edited by themengsk176; 2016-07-04 at 03:33 PM.

I already have my ticket to Argus!!!
    We'll go pedal to the metal!!!

Next expansion : Seas of Nightmare: N'Zoth is freed and overwhelming Shadowlands & the Emerald Dreams with tortured souls he'll obtain from Nagas raids on Ny'alotha nearby islands. His goal is to conrrupt the Nascent Titan by spreading the Shadow in his World Soul. We'll have to save the populations on those many locations and stop N'Zoth servants to reach Eastern Kingdoms and collect other beings.

Next expansion : Azeroth : We killed N'Zoth and destroyed Ny'alotha but we acted too late, Azeroth is falling into madness. Void gates are opening all around the planet and a great threat is consuming Azeroth. We'll have to gather every guardians and Titan technology under the Army of the Light's banner to go deep into the Planet and cure... or kill what's left of Her.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    If the strategy is to send a small-ish force (us, Illidan, Velen's people) while the Legion continues to ignorantly focus its main forces on Azeroth (therefore spreading itself too thin and possibly having many or most of its generals there, away from KJs side), it could work. KJ would be unguarded and the Legion largely distracted elsewhere.
    Why would they send an invasion force directly from Argus? The planets controlled by Legion in the Dark Beyond is countless. And considering they can even transcend among the multiverses, the army we saw in Legion must be a little, tiny chunk of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    We can't even hold them off in our planet.
    To be fair. In Argus demons die permantly. So we have certain advantage. Also Demon Hunters invaded one stronghold of the Legion by themselves and the Army of Light have a base there. I don't think Argus is so untouchable as people may think.

I really doubt it.
    At the end of tier 1 we haven't closed the gate that Gul'Dan opened yet.
    If there are three tiers, the middle one is not going to be demon themed (to prevent theme burnout).
    If we go to Argus, it will be through the gate Illidan made (because it's a huge chekov's gun), which is in Outland, and not near the Tomb of Sargeras.

I think it's very unlikely that we would close the gate in the Tomb of Sargeras and then go to Argus in the same raid instance.

The last raid will be Tomb of Sargeras, and while perhaps the last encounter or last couple will take place in the nether or something, I doubt it will take place in Argus.
    The only way I could see that happening is if the narrative is that we close it from the other side and are stuck on Argus for the next expansion, but again I sort of doubt there'll be two demon expansions in a row (and that would be weird given how the MMO works).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I really doubt it.
    At the end of tier 1 we haven't closed the gate that Gul'Dan opened yet.
    If there are three tiers, the middle one is not going to be demon themed (to prevent theme burnout).
    If we go to Argus, it will be through the gate Illidan made (because it's a huge chekov's gun), which is in Outland, and not near the Tomb of Sargeras.
    Why theme burnout? The First Raid Tier (nightmare and nighthold) are not even legion themed. The First is the Emerald Nightmare and the second is a nightelven based city with an orc as endboss. Most of the bosses are Nightfallen or Nightelven Creatures/Construct. The Only Demon within the First Raid Tier (17 bosses) are Tichondrius and maybe krosus if you count that construct as a demon.

To Those which dont think that argus/kiljeaden are not the Final Content. What do you think will be last content? And what will Illidan become. Because tbh the illidan novel shows that illidan is pretty much setup do defeat kil jeaden / argus. Not doing argus and kiljeaden would mean that illidan will be there for the next expansions. I couldnt imagine illidan to be in expansions beyond legion and thats why i think that argus will be the final content.

I literally told you what I think will be the last content in that post.

The "Army of Light" is not happening in this expansion, so Illidan is definitely going to be around beyond Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I literally told you what I think will be the last content in that post.

The "Army of Light" is not happening in this expansion, so Illidan is definitely going to be around beyond Legion.
    you are not the only one who thinks that argus wont be the last content
    As is said i think that tomb of sargeras as a second and argus as a third content could be possible because of only minor legion presence within the first raid tier.
    But another possibility, why not some smaller raids as a second raid tier and tomb of sargeras/argus a a third like SoO. It is possible to defeat 3-4 bosses within the tomb and switch places with a portal to argus and kill about 10 bosses there.

It's possible, but I also think Argus could be its on expansion so on the other hand, I'd be surprised. I still think the finale to Legion will be raiding the Tomb of Sargeras and that we'll go to Argus down the line.

Building a world seems only as hard as building a continent, and they can actually only make a raid and not let us access the rest of the world. I do agree we shouldn't go to Argus during or shortly after Legion, but maybe after the next expansion?

Between the Illidan novel and the quests about the Army of Light, I am convinced Argus will be the last raid (and perhaps a zone along with it, like the Isle of Quel'Danas).

If you think about it, Argus would be nearly impossible to justify as an expansion setting. The Broken Isles are bad enough as the setting of a Legion apocalypse when it's still diverse in ecology and civilizations. What would an entire Argus "continent" be? It should be entirely Legion, entirely fel. That would be boring. If you were to give it diversity though, give it other civilizations and lands to introduce us to, it would completely fall apart as the Legion headquarters. It would completely diminish the impact of them as a threat if they can't even conquer their own planet.

The only way it makes sense, is the way it's already been described in Legion. We send a force to go straight for their head, because it's the only way we can win. Rush in with a strike force to take out their key figures in a place where they will actually die forever. That's what the Army of the Light is already trying to do in Legion, and it's the path that Illidan already has the key to open.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-07-05 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard recycles old content that people liked.

so legion brings back illidan

the expansion after will have the lich king playing a bigger role.