Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Does divine star even proc surge of light anymore?

Edit saw a proc... proc rate is so low now is it even worth it anymore?
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-07-04 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    What logs are you looking at? Shaman is dominating and guilds are already talking about running double paladin again.
    You might want to read my whole post where i mention its probably cause of people using upgraded hfc gear wich is way better then gear you can get on beta right now. I think overal its very hard to judge wich healer is "better" by looking at beta logs, just cause of that reason. You would need to find logs with only beta geared chars, and even then it can change pretty soon as any healer gets more gear. Just like how disc dominated in wod after getting abit of gear, nobody really saw that coming in beta either.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Does divine star even proc surge of light anymore?

Edit saw a proc... proc rate is so low now is it even worth it anymore?
    I think its bugged atm, unless they intend it. Jinzee told me in her raid she made the whole raid stack up several times and didnt get a single proc, mine didnt proc surge of light at all anymore either, so i swiched to Divinity instead. Totally not worth using DS without Surge procs. I just wonder if surge of light is worth it too without DS procs, i barely got any procs durning beta lfr yesterday :/
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-04 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Every healer dominates when you use hfc gear for raid tests because scaling, if you actually use normal gear that you will actually have when the game is live the difference is not more than 5% between each healing spec.
    It may sound weird but there is something in his words. Shamans are top-1 priority for any raid because of their RC+Bres totem, which can help a lot. It can bring a lot of utility to a raid. Paladin is the only healer which has Flash heal + huge instant cast heal (Holy Shock) as their main healing abilities, while other healers are more AoE oriented or just not as straightforward as Paladins. Anyway they have relatively huge opportunity to literaly save people from dying in shit or just heal some excessive target damage. The thing is that their healing throughput is so huge that even at AoE encounters they can easily compete with any other AoE healer, which makes them a unique healer in the next expansion. And in addition they do not have any problems with mana starvation in comparison to all others.

Unfortunately Priests have literaly no utility and no specific features which can possibly make guilds reserve 1 healer slot specifically for a priest. At least u do not lose anything if u take monk instead if Priest, but u do if u take monk instead of shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Just like how disc dominated in wod after getting abit of gear, nobody really saw that coming in beta either.
    What do you mean? It was pointed out by many that disc was going to be broken strong after Grace *and* another huge buff to PW:S, when we would have done perfectly fine having one or the other.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T0oky View Post
    Unfortunately Priests have literaly no utility and no specific features which can possibly make guilds reserve 1 healer slot specifically for a priest.
    Not even this?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Not even this?
    While it is nice I don't think it is something that demands a raid spot, 10s means 7? spells are free at most. Its nice but its no Innervate or Mana Tide totem.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    While it is nice I don't think it is something that demands a raid spot, 10s means 7? spells are free at most. Its nice but its no Innervate or Mana Tide totem.
    So no hope for a priest to get healer spots on guilds?

Deleted
    Hope and innervate does pretty much the same thing, one is single target other raid wide. Priest arent weak at all.

You're right it's not mana tide totem or innervate, it's better than both of those. 7 expensive spells that are almost half a mana bar for all 4-5 healers is quite powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Not even this?
    U will never choose this talent over Light of the Naaru. Choosing symbol of hope is bound to affect your own healing throughput drastically. Two seconds of cd reduction is too much to ignore it.

I wouldn't say that priests have no chances to have their place in a raid. But the thing is that some other classes can't be changed to others because of their utility and special features (like Paladins). Unfortunately priests do not provide a raid with something extremely important and the only thing they are good at is healing throughput. Of course it doesn't mean that others have less healing potential, so priests are not obligatory in a raid comp so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that priests have no chances to have their place in a raid. But the thing is that some other classes can't be changed to others because of their utility and special features (like Paladins). Unfortunately priests do not provide a raid with something extremely important and the only thing they are good at is healing throughput. Of course it doesn't mean that others have less healing potential, so priests are not obligatory in a raid comp so far.
    I see. Thanks.

RIP Priest,so sad hoped we would be at least better; but i like the play style so will stick it through

Deleted
    the sky isnt falling at all. Holy priest got quite large healing output.

U will never choose this talent over Light of the Naaru. Choosing symbol of hope is bound to affect your own healing throughput drastically. Two seconds of cd reduction is too much to ignore it.
    Sure, if your objective is to pursue personal meters over benefiting the raid more.

Basically the same flawed argument asserting that leech trinket is bad because it doesn't show on the meters.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sure, if your objective is to pursue personal meters over benefiting the raid more.

Basically the same flawed argument asserting that leech trinket is bad because it doesn't show on the meters.
    This is entirely different. Leech trinket is cool and its performance can be easily calculated. But you can hardly say that 10 seconds of free casting is useful. Moreover, 10 seconds of free casting only for 3 healers out of 4, because priest has to channel. In addition, I really doubt that 3 other healers have enough "mana burning spells" to outperform themselves + priest within 10 seconds. So basically Symbol of Hope saves very little amount of mana and requires a huge sacrifice of your own performance.

I can't even thing what healers can be boosted by this talent so much to make it worthy. The only two spells I can think about are Wild Growth (druid) and Essence Font(Monk). But their healing throughput is not SO significant to use as a raid CD.

This is entirely different. Leech trinket is cool and its performance can be easily calculated. But you can hardly say that 10 seconds of free casting is useful. Moreover, 10 seconds of free casting only for 3 healers out of 4, because priest has to channel. In addition, I really doubt that 3 other healers have enough "mana burning spells" to outperform themselves + priest within 10 seconds. So basically Symbol of Hope saves very little amount of mana and requires a huge sacrifice of your own performance.

I can't even thing what healers can be boosted by this talent so much to make it worthy. The only two spells I can think about are Wild Growth (druid) and Essence Font(Monk). But their healing throughput is not SO significant to use as a raid CD.
    Its not a channel but instant cast

Its not a channel but instant cast
    Well, that's better. I dunno why I decided that it was a channel, but anyway the second part of my previous post still looks legit. You can hardly bring a huge healing throughput within these 10 seconds

can anyone comment on the state of the priest in pvp? and with that I mean has the holy toolkit that allows him survive, generally speaking. with the stun, fear and the anti-kick pvp talents it doesnt look to bad. But will he have a place in pvp or will we have to play disc for this?

Well, that's better. I dunno why I decided that it was a channel, but anyway the second part of my previous post still looks legit. You can hardly bring a huge healing throughput within these 10 seconds
    Every cast that every healer does during those 10 seconds can be credited to you. I fail to see how it's not useful when the highest throughput spells that aren't major cooldowns are all exorbitantly expensive - and you can cast them completely for free for 10 seconds.

It's as easy as the leech trinket to valuate - just count all the healing done by all healers during that 10 second window. Too difficult a task for your cognitive bias?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Every cast that every healer does during those 10 seconds can be credited to you. I fail to see how it's not useful when the highest throughput spells that aren't major cooldowns are all exorbitantly expensive - and you can cast them completely for free for 10 seconds.

It's as easy as the leech trinket to valuate - just count all the healing done by all healers during that 10 second window. Too difficult a task for your cognitive bias?
    A large part of its value will depend not on how much healing was done but on mana restraints.

If your healers are not running out of mana at crucial stages then the cd basically does nothing. If it prevent healers from going OOM it can have great value.
    Its a hard talent to grade in a vacuum but I doubt mana will be balanced that tight, because it would make 1-2 Holy priests near mandatory.

I certainly would not say the heals cast during it can be credited to the priest because those heals would most likely have been cast anyway to prevent deaths.