Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    Crafted items become useful the moment raiding happens aswell. The obliterum lvl cap matches raiding. When Emerald Nightmare opens, the ilvl of crafted gear can be increased up to 895.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Did all of you completely miss the fact that when raids open the cap on crafted gear will go up to 895 ilvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and yes people seem to be missing that :P
    Won't happen. If it were true, I'd be full i895 on the first raid day. Every serious raid guild would be full 895, and would overgear Heroic raids by 40+ ilvls, leading to hundreds of guilds clearing full Heroic on first day and full Mythic on first reset. Impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    If you ever want to figure out warcraft. Take a moment and pretend it's a roleplaying game. And you're actually your character. Who is better, the hero who vanquished Archemonde (Mythic, the real one). Or the guy who picked some herbs in his fort.
    Why, there is no question at all. The better one is the guy who came prepared, crafted his gear, brought his potions, and because of that vanquished Archimonde the Real One, not that guy who bought a carry and didn't pull his weight during the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Question: If I am a DH, has Tailoring as a second profession, and destroy gear - will I still be able to use it for leather gear, or are they locked to cloth to cloth etc?

Also is it only crafted gear you can upgrade like this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    my mate is a dual BS/Tailor so i can trade. but yes unless your loaded or you are dual craft you wont be able to get oblit easy.
    Well your mate wont make the bracers "easy" cause it will take him a while to get the blood without gathering....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    that is amazing full 850 geared people in a few days if there loaded like me and obliterum is as easy to come by as people in this thread state.
    obliterum is not easy to come by....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Question: If I am a DH, has Tailoring as a second profession, and destroy gear - will I still be able to use it for leather gear, or are they locked to cloth to cloth etc?
    WHAT?
    Also is it only crafted gear you can upgrade like this?
    Yes ofc...

15+ Year Old Account
    What I meant is - if my DH is tailor, and make crafted gear and destroys it - will the mats gained for this also be available to use to upgrade crafted leather gear?

I take it the sad state of Crafting goes into the 6th stagnant iteration?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

obliterum is not easy to come by....
    You either don't have Beta or you are terrible at this game . Judging by your signature, it's the second one.

It takes around 30 minutes for 2 Obliterium if you are a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No actually I like the multitag thing... but I recall when Elites were elite.. and you had to get a friend or two to farm them. Now you can pass by a person killing something.. tag it.. and keep on rolling to leech other peoples kills.
    You obviously have not been on Beta and seen some of the elite mobs there. They are not something one solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No actually I like the multitag thing... but I recall when Elites were elite.. and you had to get a friend or two to farm them. Now you can pass by a person killing something.. tag it.. and keep on rolling to leech other peoples kills.
    Rare =/= Elites

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    And here we see a casual raider. Approach carefully because they are unknown of the idea that RNG exists, and that sometimes crafted gear can be a great piece to fill out your slots where your luck fails you.

Sadly these raiders will never see the next winter, assimilated by the stronger content, burned out and they will turn quickly into a new creature called the "forum whiners". Their mating call mostly sounds like "Blizzard why can't I raid, why does the expansion suck". Sadly, no mate will ever respond.
    This is on spot. I have had much use in TBC from tailored items (like my Gruul tanking set for my mage with extra stamina and pieces with fire resistance), or in Wrath (frost resistance set for Naxx), any anywhere later as well. Crafted items are a great thing to fill up slots where you just don't have luck in item drops, or when you can get an item with the desired combination of stats. So, crafting should be en par with raiding items, because it's not only a progression path for non-raiders, but also an addition for raiders with bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    For all of those "OMG CRAPPY SYSTEM!". Remember that over 98% of the server DOES NOT RAID HEROIC, in WoD only about 2% completed Heroic HFC, about 8% finished Normal and about 54% finished LFR (this only counted through number of players vs achievements of completion and is a very rough estimate). So yea, a top tier Crafted 850 with optimal secondaries will work wonders for them.
    Where did you get these numbers? I am famously casual on these forums, and I am 13/13H in HFC.

According to wowprogress.com, 16557 guilds have cleared H HFC. If we assume 20 raiders per guild that's about 370K players. That's much more than 2%.

Are you talking about a specific server with much worse raid progression?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    The "casuals don't need gear" sentiment is brewing a bit too hot already. It's a silly mindset that is unhealthy for the game.
    I don't know if casuals need gear. But Blizzard needs casuals to need gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Where did you get these numbers? I am famously casual on these forums, and I am 13/13H in HFC.

According to wowprogress.com, 16557 guilds have cleared H HFC. If we assume 20 raiders per guild that's about 370K players. That's much more than 2%.

Are you talking about a specific server with much worse raid progression?
    Lolwut? 20 Raiders per Heroic HFC? What kind of pot have you been smoking son? The Average Heroic HFC has about 13 players or so. You severely overestimate the amount of players that did Heroic HFC. That put puts it around 215k character*, thus around 2%.

http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter/archimonde-heroic

Check all of the lastest runs.
    Last edited by Grandork; 2016-07-04 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You obviously have not been on Beta and seen some of the elite mobs there. They are not something one solos.
    Actually I have... and you missed the point. I can pass someone killing a mob... or a freaking pack of people killing a 10 man or 20+ man world boss... and simply TAG the boss and go pick flowers in the area... I WILL get loot.

I have solo'd MANY elites already in beta... kiting and line of sight are your friends. In fact there is a mage campaign that requires you to solo 3 consecutive elites... all hit like trucks and you need to actually, you know.. play your class. LoS, interrupt, spellsteal, CC... and it took a few minutes per elite. At anytime you missed something and you would pretty much die and start all over again. (Which I did 2-3 times)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Rare =/= Elites
    Of course... the point was back in BC and Wrath, you didn't just go tag mobs or solo elites. You HAD to group with people.. whether you sent an invite to a stranger attempting the same mobs, or asked in guild/general for assistance.

That is all but gone now. That doesn't help with developing relationships and the MMO experience.

It's fine.. sometimes I don;t feel myself dealing with others... but the problem of losing community, partying and guilds has been quite the detriment to the game as a whole.

Lolwut? 20 Raiders per Heroic HFC? What kind of pot have you been smoking son? The Average Heroic HFC has about 13 players or so. You severely overestimate the amount of players that did Heroic HFC. That put puts it around 215k players, thus around 2%.

http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter/archimonde-heroic

Check all of the lastest runs.
    The average single instanc of a raid might, but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about how many raiders an average guild might have. And in any case, it's still nowhere near 2%.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

The average single instanc of a raid might, but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about how many raiders an average guild might have. And in any case, it's still nowhere near 2%.
    Wut? How many players do you think WoW has? 1 million?

Wut? How many players do you think WoW has? 1 million?
    You seem to be having some difficulty with basic arithmetic.

Let's stipulate your 13 players/guild number. 16557 x 13 = 215K players. For that to be 2% of the population, WoW would need 10.7M subs. But it probably has less than half that. Wowprogress also doesn't look like it covers China very well.

7+ Year Old Account

Let's stipulate your 13 players/guild number. 16557 x 13 = 215K players. For that to be 2% of the population, WoW would need 10.7M subs. But it probably has less than half that. Wowprogress also doesn't look like it covers China very well.
    Right now wow seems to have just over 5 million. As last year Q3 had 5.7 and Q4 had 5.6 then they stopped reporting them. But with legion coming. And with us still able to see the companies profits in the wow division. It looks about 5 million. Unless EVERYONE is using tokens. Then it would be about 3.5 but right now it only seems to be a ratio of 1/8 people play just using wow tokens
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

DUde... Do you REALLY think every single one of those are Subscribers? I used players in the loose sense of the word. They are Characters. I, myself, have done Heroic HFC on 5 different toons, haven't done on more because I just got bored of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I didn't realize that when you stepped into a raid you immediately got a full set of gear, that's an interesting design decision by Blizzard.
    You mean all the bosses don't spawn right in front of you /kneel and give you all their loots? Weird.

850 max is fine for crafted items. Even heroic/mythic raiders will use 850 for a while as they gather better gear. Grab pieces that drop off later bosses for maximum shelf life and move on. IMO crafted gear being on par with mythic is a little overkill unless they start making upgrade mats drop from inside heroic/mythic raids.

If professions made BiS gear, people would moan it's welfare and makes mythic gear devalued. If they don't make BiS/near biS gear people complain professions are pointless. Let's just be happy we have a (arguably) more engaging and enjoyable system which can help you get on the ladder.

DUde... Do you REALLY think every single one of those are Subscribers? I used players in the loose sense of the word. They are Characters. I, myself, have done Heroic HFC on 5 different toons, haven't done on more because I just got bored of the game.
    I take "players" to mean "people who are playing". Of course there's an enormous number of former players. But counting those when looking at the popularity of a particular game feature doesn't seem reasonable, since you don't know what fraction of them would be participating in that feature if they were still playing.

And by counting guilds, I am probably UNDER-counting actual players. I hope you're not saying you are taking more than one player in your account into the same instance of a raid at the same time, since that's not possible.