Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    That's why I waited to pop it until he was at 35%. I wanted to get a remotely representative use case out of it.
    On progression, are you able to maintain StM for the whole execute phase (35%) all the way to the end without dying? Additionally, aren't there any cases where you would be "forced" to stop dps for an extensive time and destroy your dps and die?

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    What's the difference between PTR and Beta?
    PTR= prepatch: lvl 100 new talents + spells
    beta= legion lvl 110 + artifact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elofyn View Post
    Those who have been in beta and tested raids with our dagger, which relics did you use and why?

I realize those might change due to tuning being still in progress but i'd like to hear some reasoning at least. I have been pondering about going with haste > crit > mastery and then choosing all 3 relics to upgrade Unleash the Shadows (VT crits have 90 % chance to create a SA) in order to maximize insanity gain (assuming AS talent is taken) (all other relics are direct damage increase in chosen spell). Anyone tested this?

EDIT // I'd like to think that I read through all the pages in this thread and did not see any relic discussion. wonder why.
    Currently a Relic that gives me 1 extra Point on Shadow Word: Pain Damage and 1 relic that increases my Shadow Damage by 1 percent.

Relics will NOT be something that we'll be able to min-max, though. Once you replace a Relic, your old one will be DESTROYED, so ultimately there's no point in trying to make the best out of your relics - as theoretically different relics would be better on different fights.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    On progression, are you able to maintain StM for the whole execute phase (35%) all the way to the end without dying? Additionally, aren't there any cases where you would be "forced" to stop dps for an extensive time and destroy your dps and die?
    Impossible to say at this point, but I was able to hit 80 stacks and still have room to spare on all three of the second set of LFR bosses, and I'm not exactly Mr. Fast Hands when it comes to repetitive spamming. I imagine somebody better at it than I would probably get much further along.

Quote Originally Posted by N1gh7h4wk View Post
    Well i don't have beta access too, but with increasingly higher amounts of crit this should be the way to go for endgame insanity gains. It's like going from 30% more AS to 60%.
    In pvp tho.... well i guess our crit level is way too low to get good benefits from as. Would be nice to hear from some beta tester who plays pvp!
    We won't get that high secondary stats in legion most likely. For example, a level 805 belt compared to the legendary 895 belt. The difference in intellect is huge, 640 vs 1479. However the difference in secondary stats is much lower, with the 805 having 828 stats and the 895 having 1158 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    We won't get that high secondary stats in legion most likely. For example, a level 805 belt compared to the legendary 895 belt. The difference in intellect is huge, 640 vs 1479. However the difference in secondary stats is much lower, with the 805 having 828 stats and the 895 having 1158 stats.
    Even with lower scaling on those items, i guess we can go for around 30% crit where AS becomes better than SI in terms of insanity gains. So it's still the only trait that gives us some insanity generation at all.
    I don't think this should be neglected in terms of StM minmax. Smooth insanity gain is very powerful on multidot StM fights.

Quote Originally Posted by N1gh7h4wk View Post
    Even with lower scaling on those items, i guess we can go for around 30% crit where AS becomes better than SI in terms of insanity gains. So it's still the only trait that gives us some insanity generation at all.
    I don't think this should be neglected in terms of StM minmax. Smooth insanity gain is very powerful on multidot StM fights.
    Yeah for sure, 30% won't be too hard to reach, I already got that on beta and I'm only around 830 itemlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Narline View Post
    Currently a Relic that gives me 1 extra Point on Shadow Word: Pain Damage and 1 relic that increases my Shadow Damage by 1 percent.

Relics will NOT be something that we'll be able to min-max, though. Once you replace a Relic, your old one will be DESTROYED, so ultimately there's no point in trying to make the best out of your relics - as theoretically different relics would be better on different fights.
    I do realize this, one could say that this was the core motivation for bringing up the topic. You see, because they are semi-permanent (I'm not sure how many high end relics we have access to a week - obviously you have to keep a top tear relic embedded. In case they come as personal loot with 100 % drop chance, we can stack them and switch according to the encounter. Dunno.) I'm looking for a relic combination that is the most viable for content I value the most (mythic raiding) and all the possible situations it includes (single target, multidotting, StM in particular).

But, my second original question still remains. Has anyone tested 3 relics in Unleash the Shadows while using AS talent to increase insanity generation in a raid environment?
    Last edited by Elofyn; 2016-07-04 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elofyn View Post
    I do realize this, one could say that this was the core motivation for bringing up the topic. You see, because they are semi-permanent (I'm not sure how many high end relics we have access to a week - obviously you have to keep a top tear relic embedded. In case they come as personal loot with 100 % drop chance, we can stack them and switch according to the encounter. Dunno.) I'm looking for a relic combination that is the most viable for content I value the most (mythic raiding) and all the possible situations it includes (single target, multidotting, StM in particular).

But, my second original question still remains. Has anyone tested 3 relics in Unleash the Shadows while using AS talent to increase insanity generation in a raid environment?
    If you realize this, then why is this a relevant question? It doesn't matter what Relics a player brings to the table - that is something he's not gonna be able to min-max. You can't stack Relics like Tomes of the Clear Mind, I'm afraid

Now, back to your topic:

I have not tested it with 3, and the RNG god must freaking LOVE you if you were to have 3 in Unleash the Shadows. Blood Artifact Relic Slots don't have many "Unleash the Shadows" relics, (on green one, one epic that is not currently obtainable, on that is 650 item Level and pretty useless, and a few others). The chances of you having 3 of them are very slim - and on top of that the chances of you having 3 of them that give you a solid item level increase is even slimmer, I'm afraid. :/

Apologies if my posts sounds snobby or offensive. Not my intention, I promise!
    Last edited by mmoc0da4dde3f4; 2016-07-04 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narline View Post
    If you realize this, then why is this a relevant question? It doesn't matter what Relics a player brings to the table - that is something he's not gonna be able to min-max. If you're main stat is Crit and you come to raid with a full set of Haste gear even though it's your worst stat, then yes: There is a problem. If you come to raid with a Relic that reduces the cooldown on your dispersion or with a relic that increases shadow damage by 1%, then that is something you can't "directly" influence all the time.

Now, back to your topic:

I have not tested it with 3, and it the RNG god must freaking LOVE you if you were to have 3 in Unleash the Shadows. Blood Artifact Relic Slots don't have many "Unleash the Shadows" relics, (on green one, one epic that is not currently obtainable, on that is 650 item Level and pretty useless, and a few others). The chances of you having 3 of them are very slim - and on top of that the chances of you having 3 of them that give you a solid item level increase is even slimmer, I'm afraid. :/

Apologies if my posts sounds snobby or offensive. Not my intention, I promise!
    Alright, I'll try to explain my quest for knowledge better. Also, dont worry about seeming snobby or offensive, I didn't consider your tone that way. Likewise, I tend to use English that is, maybe, somewhat complicated and sometimes that may come off as offended or too sensitive.

So, in case relics are so rare that you dont want to swap them in and out like talents or trinkets, I think the best is go for the solution that produces the most value on average over the different scenarios. While having relics in, lets say, overall shadow damage, mind blast and SWP, you'll certainly do more damage. But increased insanity generation has other perks, too obvious to list here. And I was looking for an experienced opinion. Let it be mentioned that I'm assuming here that a month into the expansion everyone has exactly the relics he/she wants at least on some tear.

But, since you successfully argued that it is unlikely that anyone has actually tested this, in addition to the fact that tuning is still unfinished, I might as well give up trying to find this piece of information. For now at least.

Deleted
    No worries!

You do bring up a valid points - that is certain. It is something you can ask yourself, just - as you've already said - not at this point in time. I wish Relic drops were not as rare as they are...or is that just me?

Also on another note: I've uploaded a video showing and discussing some of our artifact choices, and which ones I personally take!

Last edited by mmoc0da4dde3f4; 2016-07-04 at 06:46 PM.

I'm hoping for a new build that finally makes Void Eruption a good spell :x
    (i mean the intention was good I guess but atm it just feels terrible with no refresh)
    Also did they fix our book ?
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-07-04 at 10:47 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm hoping for a new build that finally makes Void Entropy a good spell :x
    (i mean the intention was good I guess but atm it just feels terrible with no refresh)
    But it is removed in Legion, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Ilir meant Void Eruption. When it was first implemented it shot out a void bolt that refreshed DoTs on the main target, but it was never stated in the tooltip to do that and now that it has been "fixed" the lack of refresh and shared cooldown with void bolt (from what I've read) makes keeping up DoTs on multiple targets difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    It should be Void Eruption.. but yeah we all wait for that smoothness of our other spells.

EDIT: I also don't know why we have to have 2 secs cast time.
    Every other spell on shadow's toolkit was 1 gcd xcept for channels.
    It even feels less smooth this way :/
    Last edited by N1gh7h4wk; 2016-07-04 at 08:47 PM.

Oh yeah snap, it's Void Eruption sorry.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    cant wait for release i see the numbers on live

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows what will be our stat priority?

There is no obvious stat priority. Haste is probably the most consistent, mastery is garbage in single target, but amazing in 3 target with StM. And then there is crit which is very affected by whether to chose Auspicious Spirits or not. It's all over the place

I don't know about you guys, but my damage seems abysmal unless I am high stacks of VF (30+), since that is where Mass Hysteria really starts kicking in. Because of this I'm going for crit > haste with AS, since it is so good providing insanity in between gc/ds. It might be my artifact (I have no DoT damage, instead going shortest path to MH, taking unleash, and then going Sinister Thoughts), or it might be my Horn and stat stick trinks are better since our dps is so dynamic.

What are your guys' findings?

Edit:

I have another question about haste. Do we think there will be a haste cap (like when you have x voidform stacks and are hasted you hit the .75sec gc/d floor), or just ignore the floor since MB and VB cooldowns are so important at super high stacks?
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-07-05 at 01:08 PM.