Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top DPS specs Legion Prepatch

Looking toward the legion prepatch, does anyone have any data on what classes/specs are looking like they'll be ahead DPS wise. I haven't seen any numbers yet (may be too early) but if anyone has info to share it'd be appreciated.
    Aiming toward 2+ mythic archi kills per week so keen to stack whatever class/specs are looking most op come prepatch to make it as smooth as possible.

Edit: My original post was poorly worded but this was actually what I was trying to get to. Knowing that things are more than likely balanced around 110 and not 100, it's likely that there will be some short term winners and losers (in the 4-6 weeks period between the prepatch and Legion). As an example Class X may do insane damage in that 4 week period because it's tuned around the class being level 110 and not 100. In this case stacking class X may make multiple mythic archi runs a lot quicker and easier.

So yes, well aware that there's a difference between balance at 100 and 110, and that's what I'm looking to abuse for a brief 4-6 week period.
    Last edited by Reinholder; 2016-07-05 at 12:12 AM.

Not arcane mages. (As of this post)

i wonder why sim-c still not updated for legion

DKs look to be doing pretty stupid amounts of damage.

Pretty much everything else is doing less than their live counterpart. (I think Enh was doing well, too, but I'm pretty sure it recently got nerfed.)

10+ Year Old Account
    fury is doing shit damage cause everyone had crit and mastery and now those stats are bad we have to get all the haste / mastery gear now to do what we do on like atm

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Probably because Blizz is literally tuning numbers every single week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    But they updated simc for wod in first days of beta.

This. This is also why no one can currently say who's gonna come out on top.

But they updated simc for wod in first days of beta.
    Blizzard wasn't tuning numbers every single week in WoD beta. They literally told certain specs and classes "don't worry you'll be fine when it hits live" then had to buff them for weeks into the expansion. WoD beta was lazily done, they're actually doing number passes weekly with Legion beta. So being the brilliant people over at simc are noticing that they're doing it weekly and just waiting until they're all done.

If the prepatch is coming out 4-6 weeks before legion I'm hoping they get a handle on tuning pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    If the prepatch is coming out 4-6 weeks before legion I'm hoping they get a handle on tuning pretty quickly.
    Realize there is a difference between balance at 100 and balance at 110. Things aren't likely to be balanced at 100 for the prepatch. They usually aren't when it goes live. As long as nothing is seriously broken then that's fine for the content and whatever really needs to be addressed will be during launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Realize there is a difference between balance at 100 and balance at 110. Things aren't likely to be balanced at 100 for the prepatch. They usually aren't when it goes live. As long as nothing is seriously broken then that's fine for the content and whatever really needs to be addressed will be during launch.
    Exactly this. I remember how broken Ele Shaman were in prepatch for WoD with the new mastery being overscaled for lv90. Then it quickly dropped off and ele shaman were under tanks when they hit 100. Or how Overpowered certain classes were when they introduced Mastery in the Cata Prepatch.

Exactly this. I remember how broken Ele Shaman were in prepatch for WoD with the new mastery being overscaled for lv90. Then it quickly dropped off and ele shaman were under tanks when they hit 100. Or how Overpowered certain classes were when they introduced Mastery in the Cata Prepatch.
    I remember getting a new mastery 1 month after raids went live in cata as a ret paladin XD OH Divine Purpose Mastery.... I want it back now LOL

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

its been out for a while however it still has bugs with various new abilities and theorycrafters are still working on the best rotations

7+ Year Old Account
    They have never took the time to tune pre patch numbers ever. Pre patch parses are always wild west in terms of numbers since specs are tuned for next expansion, not the one that's currently ending.

Because tuning is being done all the time and the APL writers are not your personal bitches that write code every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Well I've been fiddling a lot as spriest with different stats and trinkets and still can't break +85k on target dummies on 3-4min encounter. Hard to tell how much more damage I'd be doing with talents that benefit from execute damage etc, but hearing people do 130k dps on dummies, I'm going to say that spriests aren't going to be among the top dps.

Blizzard wasn't tuning numbers every single week in WoD beta. They literally told certain specs and classes "don't worry you'll be fine when it hits live" then had to buff them for weeks into the expansion. WoD beta was lazily done, they're actually doing number passes weekly with Legion beta. So being the brilliant people over at simc are noticing that they're doing it weekly and just waiting until they're all done.
    Feral had to wait till 6.2 before they gave us almost a complete 25% buff across the board.

And I'm still waiting on the Elemental buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    Feral had to wait till 6.2 before they gave us almost a complete 25% buff across the board.

And I'm still waiting on the Elemental buff.
    Keep waiting because even in beta they really have no idea what to do with Ele. Over the last few patches most of the Elemental notes have been nerfs and they're still the lowest dps caster in beta atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    Not arcane mages. (As of this post)
    For once Mages won't be all up there.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".