Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    There's anyone who tried this spec in any PvP environments? I'm kinda curious, because I'm not sure how a "melee hunter" could actually work and how it could stand among other melee classes. After all, we're talking of a class where one of its major strengths was kiting from a distance and here's nullified. Maybe there's something fitting in the talents or the honor ones, I'm not playing beta so I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    There's anyone who tried this spec in any PvP environments? I'm kinda curious, because I'm not sure how a "melee hunter" could actually work and how it could stand among other melee classes. After all, we're talking of a class where one of its major strengths was kiting from a distance and here's nullified. Maybe there's something fitting in the talents or the honor ones, I'm not playing beta so I have no idea.
    Here's a vid of some 3's action on alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WA_Vg8s1X8

Survival seems like a cool class even tho you do most of your damage with mongoose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    You're not speaking from any experience at all. You're spouting nonsense. Tuning isn't done, Survival actually has nice tools for raiding, and real raid utility isn't a prevalent anymore anyway. Also, even if what you were saying held any merit, it would only matter for the very top guilds.
    We will speak again m8 after the release
    We end in same way when WoD get launched blizz just forgot to finish the hunters tunning
    And tell me a reason to pick up Survival over BM/MM hunter or over rogue,shaman, DK,DH,feral??Fast target switching ??AoE brust ??
    Yes tunning isnt done yet but i play this game long enough to know what to expect
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-07-01 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    We will speak again m8 after the release
    We end in same way when WoD get launched blizz just forgot to finish the hunters tunning
    And tell me a reason to pick up Survival over BM/MM hunter or over rogue,shaman, DK,DH,feral??Fast target switching ??AoE brust ??
    Yes tunning isnt done yet but i play this game long enough to know what to expect
    You're not a seer. If Survival is undertuned, it doesn't prove any point. Also, as has been said before, Survival actually has very nice single target burst, aoe burst, long term cleave aoe damage etc. It's got a nice toolkit.

The important thing you said there is Mythic progression. Imo if you're in a guild like that, you need to be prepared to play classes other than your most enjoyed. Mythic is very much hardcore, and it's the only environment where you'll really need to min max rosters. Even then, i'd argue it only matter's for the really, really cutting edge guilds. Most other guilds will make do with what they have. Think far too much is made out of this being benched stuff. Way less prevalent than is made out.
    Yes, and that's why I included mythic progression. Really though, it applies to any guild striving to progress, whether normal/heroic/mythic guilds; but, when in a casual friendly guild where things like comp doesn't matter and people are raiding just to kick back and enjoy the environment of playing with friends, then sure, play whatever you want to play.
    Personally, even if it sucks I will still probably use it for my side projects (LFR when there's some reward for it, old content, world content, normal/heroic dungeons), but I will still play the best spec for pushing content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    Well, several raid hunters in serenity and method already stated that the mongoose bite stacking mechanic is terrible for pve in the long run, as it requires high uptime on the mob. The majority of melee classes do not rely on such a mechanic to deal good dps, not to mention SV, despite the name, lacks defensive cooldowns. Its not ready to be a full melee spec atm.

Damage can always be altered, but in the past addons hunters were always around the middle of the pack, i doubt blizz will make them a top tier damage spec like they were in BC. Hunters always started strong in each addon, but fell off extremly quickly in the scaling.
    Didn't Azor say something a while back where you play more of stacking a few at a time, and not concentrating on getting all 6 up when the nerf hit (non refreshing timer)? I seriously can't remember and don't feel like digging, just thought that came up at one point. Also, the tier bonus change they are doing goes against that theory (6 stacks to increase damage for X time if I remember), but for a lot of bosses pre patch it seems that would be hard to maintain.

Deleted
    You're not a seer. If Survival is undertuned, it doesn't prove any point. Also, as has been said before, Survival actually has very nice single target burst, aoe burst, long term cleave aoe damage etc. It's got a nice toolkit.
    Like i say we will see.Probably i will play SVV we are 5 hunters and all my alts are melees so i know how to play melee and i`m not scared from the bench.I just hope that picking up SVV over any of traditional melees or BM/SVVwill be worth to waste a time in artefact and gear development before raid start(september is quite busy month for me also)

It's currently hard to play SV alongside MM or BM as SV uses a stat prio that would make MM/BM cry.

On the other hand, MM and BM use pretty much identical stat priorities, so they are easy to swap between.

Deleted
    i want this Aspect of the Turtle is nice but for Survival it dont feel right how about Aspect of the monkey or Aspect of the Crouching Tiger that just Increases are dodge chance or Aspect of the Beast that reduces damage taken

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Here's a vid of some 3's action on alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WA_Vg8s1X8
    Nice quality, thanks.

So it looks a lot like: nice burst, great cc, squishy as hell. More or less what I expected.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Random question but has anyone been actively looking/searching for the hidden artifact look? I thought Ursoc would drop it but he didn't. I can't seem to find it anywhere, it might end up being an Exalted with Highmountain Tribe and killing X dungeon boss type thing. =[
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

It's time to move this thread toward more important particulars... So is MONGOOSE the only appropriate enchant illusion for our first polearms?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Its ironic how squishy the spec is.. They really need to add some more defensives, its called Survival afterall!

I really want to see Aspect of the Monkey brought back in some form, maybe as an evasion kind of ability. Also Readiness. Survival should excel at surviving, currently its worse than BM/MM at it.

Disengage also needs to return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Its ironic how squishy the spec is.. They really need to add some more defensives, its called Survival afterall!

I really want to see Aspect of the Monkey brought back in some form, maybe as an evasion kind of ability. Also Readiness. Survival should excel at surviving, currently its worse than BM/MM at it.

Disengage also needs to return.
    Survival should be more about traps and various tricks to ensure its, well, survival, but I see your point. I don't think Disengage would ever come back though, it's just not fitting for a melee spec. Harpoon is quite its replacement, the talents buffing Disengage for BM and MM buff Harpoon for SV.

Survival should be more about traps and various tricks to ensure its, well, survival, but I see your point. I don't think Disengage would ever come back though, it's just not fitting for a melee spec. Harpoon is quite its replacement, the talents buffing Disengage for BM and MM buff Harpoon for SV.
    Zulkhan are you also a little excited about having your troll hunter use both glaive and bow? I am.

As for Harpoon, I am hearing from a friend on beta that it's fun to play, but the idea of it feels a little silly. I mean, even as fantasy, I can't imagine it ever working in a movie or even a comic book. It's not a very plausible concept that you would throw your harpoon and pull yourself through the air over and over almost instantly. I can look past this, however, if the rest is fun to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Any consensus yet on Butchery vs. Serpent Sting? Or is it impossible to say until the final tuning is in?

- - - Updated - - -

How much better would it be if Animal Instincts was based on the pet you had out? Like WoW hunters of days gone by, when your choice of pet was sometimes a practical matter. In this case, it would give us some control over which buff we had, allowing us to choose based on the fight. I'm guessing very few players will spec this talent with the buff being random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    How much better would it be if Animal Instincts was based on the pet you had out? Like WoW hunters of days gone by, when your choice of pet was sometimes a practical matter. In this case, it would give us some control over which buff we had, allowing us to choose based on the fight. I'm guessing very few players will spec this talent with the buff being random.
    Its not so much about beeing random. Its 33% chance on every use to do NOTHING. And 33% beeing EXTREMLY weak (Mastery) and 33% chance of getting a decent buff (Haste). When the other talent are also stronger, it rather redicelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Didn't Azor say something a while back where you play more of stacking a few at a time, and not concentrating on getting all 6 up when the nerf hit (non refreshing timer)? I seriously can't remember and don't feel like digging, just thought that came up at one point. Also, the tier bonus change they are doing goes against that theory (6 stacks to increase damage for X time if I remember), but for a lot of bosses pre patch it seems that would be hard to maintain.
    IDK what you mean exactly. The best play is to get used to building 2 and 3/4 charges and then blowing all 3 (with the last one becoming available after you've spent the first mongoose). Whether you get more than 3 through procs is an RNG thing (but probably not because Mastery is still dogshit). Getting used to this makes it easier to generate 6 to maximize Fury of the Eagle + Snake Hunter combos, rather than just popping it whenever and then having to change your playstyle entirely when Fury of the Eagle is up. It also lets you be more flexible in a progression setting, dumping your charges into different targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Zulkhan are you also a little excited about having your troll hunter use both glaive and bow? I am.
    Aye. Back in Vanilla I always tried to go Survival with my troll, I saw it very fitting and I even sort of enjoyed it for levelling. However a melee-ish hunter didn't work much back then and since the core of your dps was the ranged component Markshmanship was quite a must for end-game purposes.

Deleted
    Since Explosive Trap is off Trap Launcher i find it very difficult to use properly in PvP.

Aye. Back in Vanilla I always tried to go Survival with my troll, I saw it very fitting and I even sort of enjoyed it for levelling. However a melee-ish hunter didn't work much back then and since the core of your dps was the ranged component Markshmanship was quite a must for end-game purposes.
    So which artifact do you plan to develop first? SV or one of the ranged? I plan to play SV and BM, and will practice both specs to learn them, but can't decide which artifact to power up first.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'll choose based on which quest line looks most interesting.