The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The intent might be the same but there is 1) an order of magnitude difference in talent involved, 2) better harmony of pieces and 3) Durant playing a major role in OKC's choke job against the Warriors in the WCF. A better comparison would've been if LeBron left to join the Celtics or Spurs.

I fail to see how this Warriors team wins less than 65 next season, and maybe loses 1 game in the playoffs. It would be mildly disappointing otherwise.
    Last edited by jregz; 2016-07-04 at 04:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Western Conference champions confirmed.

If I were DUncan, Parker, and Ginobli, i'd just retire right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Guess he wants a ring bad.

Don't know how well they will gel though.

On the bright side, I get to taunt my Thunder fan friends. Already have one calling him a sell out. Like, you don't get to call him a sell out after the Seattle to OkC shenanigans, hypocrite
    Very well.

Durant is an all around player whereas the GS warriors are just excellent shooters.

This team will be unstoppable if it stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kev...-announcement/

wow. I don't see how golden state doesn't win next year.
    !?!?!?!?!? What?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys holy shit. I don't know if the chemistry will work but the pure amount of talent coming together is just wow.

I don't think they'll even get to 70 wins, I think it'll take time to learn how to play together, but that's a fucking power play.

I don't blame Durant at all for going to a good organized team that's winning, but they sure did win without him so he kind of is going with someone else and not on his own. As far as I'm concerned KD is like a 2nd of 3rd cog now. His rings won't be that significant.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Klay Thompson is the fourth best player on the team. Think about that for a second.

Deleted
    KD to GSW ... seriously?

This is a joke right, July Fools?

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Klay Thompson is the fourth best player on the team. Think about that for a second.
    Wh-who is the third best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the Warriors rely on a deep bench to get their wins? This doesn't really make sense from their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a top four player in the league always makes sense, especially if all you lose is Harrison barnes....

Punk move by Duranthe but at least he stayed in a conference with more then one team competing so he's only a half punk
    You're a towel.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Times change apparently.

So I just came from /r/NBA, after reading the community's comments. There's so many people complaining and saying they're going to stop watching because of competitive disparity. And all I have to say is... Really? This is where you draw the line? LeBron can be a lock to go to the finals in his sleep the past and future how many years, but this is somehow different? I've already long since stopped watching after the East has literally one team.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do you not remember the Celtics and Pacers pushing the Heat to 7? Or that the Bulls were one LeBron game winner away from going up 3-1 in the ECSF last year?

How is that remotely comparable to Durant joining a 73-win GSW? Short of a catastrophe like a major injury, this team should be nigh untouchable by anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwww poor OKC... welcome to the party. I remember how bad they were before drafting Durant.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So I just came from /r/NBA, after reading the community's comments. There's so many people complaining and saying they're going to stop watching because of competitive disparity. And all I have to say is... Really? This is where you draw the line? LeBron can be a lock to go to the finals in his sleep the past and future how many years, but this is somehow different? I've already long since stopped watching after the East has literally one team.
    That is what I am thinking. It is pretty hypocritical of people to complain when team stacking through free agency has been going on in a league with a laughable salary cap system for the better part of the last decade. Teams should have to concede draft picks for players walking and signing with cap teams. Getting rid of the luxury tax allowance would probably fix a lot of these absurd salaries.

Guys. It's perfectly fine for any team to get assembled under the rules. Anyone bitching is just bitching. Don't hate the player hate the game.

The actual problem is that Kevin Durant got called really great. Even Jordan said KD was gonna be big. Huge. Everyone loves him and he's really good. But there's a tarnish in your victory if you join a team that's already won and literally made history without you. Winning teams look for role players. Recruiting a top 2 guy in the league is ridiculous. Actually, if I was a winning team the #1 person I'd want is Kevin Durant. He's the best player in the league in that regard.

So yeah they should be good if chemistry works (it should). Are GSW the favorites to win it all? They've been the favorites the past 2 years already so yeah. But KD being like the 2nd or 3rd best is definitely punk-ish. If they win I don't consider it to be a full win for him. It'd be like counting Kevin Love's rings. Yeah he won and he's good, but no one is gonna be like "oh yeah he got a ring. He's a real winner over other greats who never got a win."

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wh-who is the third best?
    Is this really a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I think this move is worse than Lebron's because Durant didn't have to move.
    For sure. I mean Wade was mad alpha back in 2010 so it's not like Lebron left for a chump player. But it's not like Heat was godly.

Warriors are 73 win team without Durant, but the Thunder were good too. Westbrook is a top 5 player and the role players and supporting cast were built well around them.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with Stephen A Smith on KD.

There were articles comparing KD to AJ Green in terms of personality and team situation.

I had to double check whether or not we extended AJ Green last year.

THANK GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Is this really a question?
    Yes. You clearly think Curry/Durant are 1 and 2 best players. If Klay isn't 3 then I don't know who you're talking about. There must have been another trade I didn't hear about.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Draymond Green exists.

- - - Updated - - -

But let me give you concrete numbers.

According to Basketball-Ref, Steph Curry was #1, Kevin Durant was #5 and Draymond Green was #9 in terms of value over replacement...LEAGUEWIDE. Klay Thompson isn't in the top 20.

Draymond Green played the 11th most minutes in the entire league. He had the 5th most defensive rebounds, 8th most overall rebounds. He was 7th in assists, 17th in steals, 16th in blocks. His offensive win shares was ranked 15th, higher than Klay Thompson's. His defenisve win shares was 6th. Overall, 10th.

Draymond's Real Plus-Minus was 2nd in the league...only LeBron was better.

So yes, I clearly think Draymond is a better player than Klay Thompson. According to the two most comprehensive player evaluation metrics, he's one of the top 10 best all-around players in the NBA. That list includes Curry and Durant. The Warriors have three of the 10 most impactful players in the league and that's why the Internet is so mad right now.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2016-07-05 at 12:40 AM.

I don't think he's better than Klay Thompson. He's done a really good job for the team but as a 2-way player I think Klay Thompson is better.

Although if I'm being honest, if I have Steph and Durant I may choose Draymond next over Klay Thompson, based on their skillsets and what GS already has.

But pound for pound I think Klay is a better player.