Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rise of the tomb raider

So I just finished rise of the tomb raider last night. I loved it. The action kept me on edge for most of the game. The story was brilliant. Though I have to admit I expected either Jonah or Jacob to betray me.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I also enjoyed it but I have to admit that I´d liked the predecessor even more! What I missed the most was the character progression Lara was going through in first one...

I bought that one too off of the steam sale. Will probably start it this weekend.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I bought that one too off of the steam sale. Will probably start it this weekend.
    Interesting... Why did you decide to play them in reverse order?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Interesting... Why did you decide to play them in reverse order?
    Honestly no reason. Didn't really think about it. I had bought rise of the tomb raider first and bought the other one a couple of days later so I had already started on rise of.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyed playing it, although I saw that plot twist with whom Jacob actually was coming from a mile away before I even reached their village the first time, was not as subtle as id have liked.

Still waiting for the PS4 release...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamemart View Post
    Tomb Raider is one of the best action adventure games ever developed with a female protagonist as the leading character. The game was so popular that it was later converted into 2 full fledged feature films starring Angelina Jolie
    With a third movie, a reboot, on the way with Alicia Vikander playing the role of Lara.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Apparently it's slated for Holiday 2016... which is just like, holy shit. Weird it's taken so long :/ It killed me to wait for the PC version, I can't imagine still waiting for the PS4 one.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...97#post2216697

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Apparently it's slated for Holiday 2016... which is just like, holy shit. Weird it's taken so long :/ It killed me to wait for the PC version, I can't imagine still waiting for the PS4 one.

I would have gotten it on PC but my PC is old garbage and can't run newer games. I just don't have the cash to upgrade. So I'll just have to wait. Hopefully it will be a lower price for the PS4 but I'm not holding my breath on it.

I would have gotten it on PC but my PC is old garbage and can't run newer games. I just don't have the cash to upgrade. So I'll just have to wait. Hopefully it will be a lower price for the PS4 but I'm not holding my breath on it.
    That really sucks It would be nice if they lowered the price but it's probably not likely. Best you can probably hope for is $60 with DLC included.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

It's not weird, it was a MS money hat to keep it off the PS4 for a year just to make them feel like their dick is bigger. After how the game performed very poorly, I doubt square ever makes a deal like that with MS again.

The exact quote from Phil Spencer was "I wanted the xbox to have an exclusive game like Uncharted". Hmmm how about you spend the money to make one then instead of paying a multi platform game to stay off of a system for a year you dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not weird, it was a MS money hat to keep it off the PS4 for a year just to make them feel like their dick is bigger. After how the game performed very poorly, I doubt square ever makes a deal like that with MS again.

The exact quote from Phil Spencer was "I wanted the xbox to have an exclusive game like Uncharted". Hmmm how about you spend the money to make one then instead of paying a multi platform game to stay off of a system for a year you dolt.
    Which is just all around sad because really the game is pretty awesome and a ton of fun.

/casts resurrection spell on a thread.

PS4 version is a go! and its a definitive edition
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...vealed-on-ps4/
    BuyROTTR.com

honestly, I'm hoping that it does far better on PS4 than it did on xbox and/or PC, so that they never EVER consider doing timed exclusive crap again. you know... given that they could have had those sales a year earlier.

but that whole timed exclusive deal also explains why they did definitive edition in a way that they did AND bothered including PS exclusive VR support.

Honestly I was waiting for the PS4 release but Uncharted 4 has filled that void and then some. So unless Tomb Raider goes on the PS4 at a heavy discount(20-25 bucks) i wont be buying it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    I like the first Tomb Raider reboot, but the rise of the tomb raider was really, really mediocre and I wish I hadn't spent my money on that.

Definitive edition for PS4 listed at $60 on a few sites. Glad I bought the base game for PC on sale for $20 a few months back. None of the DLC really interests me that much. More zombies.... wtf?

I did enjoy the base game quite a bit, although it really just felt like more of the same from the reboot. I did like it enough that I played through it twice back-to-back, which is rare for me. Would probably give it a 8/10.

Will you be able to buy the PS4 edition DLC on the XONE ?

Ya I'm just going to wait and get it used on ps4 for like $20.

Want to make me wait a year to get it then you get none of my money. Sucks too because I loved the last one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Will you be able to buy the PS4 edition DLC on the XONE ?
    I'm pretty sure the DLC will be available on all platforms.