Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Does rule of law mean anything to you? Or the sovereignty of a country? Just screw borders altogether?

See, I think a lot of leftists, "progressives" could care less about national identity and sovereignty. Which, if that's your opinion, cool. But as a matter of policy, nope.
    I'd rather take a pragmatic choice than let "feels" run the country, Immigrants of all kind benefit the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i find cute that you care about national identity of a country that was litterally made of inmigrants, a wave after another of them
    Sigh. Wow. Never said I had an issue with immigration. Illegal immigration. There's a difference. For the love of God almighty, why do I always have to explain that. Why?

Sigh. Wow. Never said I had an issue with immigration. Illegal immigration. There's a difference. For the love of God almighty, why do I always have to explain that. Why?
    Because the most common liberal tactic is putting words into someone's mouth and then constructing an entire argument around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I'd rather take a pragmatic choice than let "feels" run the country, Immigrants of all kind benefit the USA.
    Never said otherwise.

Okay folks, why is there a confusion here? I know some progressives are pathetically intellectually dishonest and know damn well what I mean. But that's not everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even illegal immigration is not killing the USA as Trump claims. Lets take the ethic side of it and just look at it the economic way. This is a copypasta that I made a long time ago.

This is a copypasta I made a long time ago to post in case I needed sources to defend myself.
    I think the majority of the literature in economics is showing immigrants, including those with the lowest skills/are illegal, tend to increase wages. This is because they shift outwards demand more by providing labor/services natives lack, hence why immigrants tend to have skill sets at the top or bottom.
    It is also true that immigrants have a negative effect, because by increasing the supply of labor, the may decrease labor prices overall, thus resulting for lower pay for natives. This is especially alarming, as most immigrants (including those who are illegal) tend to have low skills, and thus drag downwards the pay of similarly unskilled natives, who are arguably those most in need of greater pay.

I think though that the most recent papers tend to show that the benefits outweights the negatives.

http://www.hamiltonproject.org/asset...migration3.pdf
    http://www.nber.org/papers/w21123

And most economists tend to agree that low skilled immigration does have a positive effect in the economy.
    http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-econom...vuNnqkBeAMAfHv

Some recent papers even argue that with open borders that global poeverty would be obliterated
    http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~jkennan/res...penBorders.pdf

As for the crime, illegal immigrants tend to commit 1/5 of crimes than natives:
    http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~jkennan/res...penBorders.pdf

And the immigration process is screwed for the US:
    http://www.openlawlab.com/wp-content...lon-Reason.jpg

Now even if the wages were to drop Borjas, the most pessimistic economist here doesn't even find this effect to be greater than about 5%.
    https://cmuinsider.com/2016/02/22/an...-donald-trump/

Those can be overcomed with a net safety program or through a small tax to the immigrants.

Uff that took me a while.
    Also what I need to add to that is how California passed from being a failed state to one of the biggest economies due to liberal policies among those that include giving illegal immigrants more rights.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-07-05 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Because they have to work in california and they're not insane.
    You're accusing them of something here that could probably get them disbarred.

Even illegal immigration is not killing the USA as Trump claims. Lets take the ethic side of it and just look at it the economic way. This is a copypasta that I made a long time ago.

This is a copypasta I made a long time ago to post in case I needed sources to defend myself.

Also what I need to add to that is how California passed from being a failed state to one of the biggest economies due to liberal policies among those that include giving illegal immigrants more rights.
    buddy, facts doesn't penetrate the bubble
    PS: did you read the articles? it mostly dealt on inequality tho
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

A copypasta which illustrates the increasing political difficulty of pushing a pro-immigrant tack more than illustrating their economic benefits. By importing a large number of unskilled and low-skilled workers, you necessarily decrease the cost of labor for those brackets for natives. While this can decrease the cost of goods and services produced by those workers (benefit to consumers), unless those imported workers are consuming goods equivalent to those they produce, their net effect is inflationary, eroding purchasing power.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    But, but... he loves Hispanics! And the best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill!

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    Because the most common liberal tactic is putting words into someone's mouth and then constructing an entire argument around it.
    That's not just a liberal tactic...that's bipartisan.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    But, but... he loves Hispanics! And the best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill!
    FWIW, while I wouldn't say they were "the best," they're fuckin' good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    buddy, facts doesn't penetrate the bubble
    PS: did you read the articles? it mostly dealt on inequality tho
    Yeah I finished one of them. I guess I should have clarified that when I was talking about inequality I was talking about income inequality (the one the guy on the video is refering to) which seems to be the one that is on the rise, rather than standards of living. Also I chuckled at the name "movimiento pinguino". Anyway I feel people give to much shit at neoliberalism and it really bothers me a lot.

Thankfully our lord and savious Scott Sumner has one again saved us.
    http://www.econlib.org/library/Colum...liberalism.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    A copypasta which illustrates the increasing political difficulty of pushing a pro-immigrant tack more than illustrating their economic benefits. By importing a large number of unskilled and low-skilled workers, you necessarily decrease the cost of labor for those brackets for natives. While this can decrease the cost of goods and services produced by those workers (benefit to consumers), unless those imported workers are consuming goods equivalent to those they produce, their net effect is inflationary, eroding purchasing power.
    What?!!!!! Ok lets deconstruct these bit by bits. OK. Lets take a breath. Uff Everyone chill!!!

Lets start with this:

1. Decrease of wages of less than 5% which is negligible and more so as the minimum wage will be increased. That is without taking into account general equilibrium effects.

2. Illegal immigrants take jobs that people don't take. This is a fact.

3. General equilibrium effects.

http://www.ppic.org/content/other/2_07_GPCC_Spanish.pdf
    California did a study on this, and concluded that immigration affects more immigrants than it does native americans.

Also wtf at this:
    unless those imported workers are consuming goods equivalent to those they produce, their net effect is inflationary, eroding purchasing power
    You are not making sense on this one.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-07-05 at 05:56 AM.

The US did start up concentration camps during World War II, and the US did become a much more authoritarian country over the course of the Cold War, to say nothing of the expansion of the executive branch in the past 20 years.
    And if they hadn't done those things, they would've lost WWII?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because when we see people screaming ''USA...USA.....USA'' at Trump rally's they aren't shouting or attacking just illegals but also against actual legal Americans, without any distinction towards their skin colour (not white) .

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    FWIW, while I wouldn't say they were "the best," they're fuckin' good.
    Fuuuck, I want Mexican food now, but the only place that does it around here (since the one really good place closed) is almost twice as expensive.

Never said otherwise.

Okay folks, why is there a confusion here? I know some progressives are pathetically intellectually dishonest and know damn well what I mean. But that's not everyone.
    Yes, progressive are all this and conservatives are all that. We get it. Your team is better. Stow that garbage and let's move on, shall we?

The crux of what you said is that rule of law and sovereignty mean something. We should take pride in our national identity. What exactly is that identity? Throughout most of our history its actually been the bunch of crazy progressives that are on the cutting edge of new things and willing to take on the refuse that other countries throw away. Your tired... huddled masses... you know, all of that. That's who we were. Immigration, even immigration of the illegal variety doesn't threaten that. So there's rule of law. Now, we all know that the single greatest source of illegal immigration, by overwhelming majority, is from overstaying visas. So these are people that did come legally, they had to have a job or go to school to even get a visa, and the real crime is not filling out some paperwork. Maybe their application to renew their visa was denied for some silly reason. So by the letter of the law, they should go. Who does that serve, really?

This is why people jump to assumptions about ethnocentrism or prejudice when someone rants about immigrants. That national identity thing. Basically, not white people come here and make our country less white and that somehow lessens what it is to be American. That's not at all what you said. I've heard enough people say it that I understand why some people conflate your argument with that one. Doesn't make it right, but that tends to be why they do it. Not because liberals are dumb.

Illegal immigration can be a problem. It's not a crisis. It's not one of the main problems plaguing the nation. Most illegal immigration cases are based on nitpicking paperwork situations, and not, you know, crime. So I roll my eyes when someone drones on about this stuff because it's mostly a nonissue. You don't deserve to get called a racist or anything of the sort because I haven't seen you say any such thing. You just happen to support a ridiculous issue, and I think it's funny.
    Last edited by buck008; 2016-07-05 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    do you have a counter argument or are you gonna stop there lol
    Why should we be expected to have a counter argument to conspiracy theories.

It's your own made up reality, it's irrefutable by anyone else by definition and nature.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    What? You mean he didn't win their vote by tweeting that picture of him eating Mexican food?

I think it's been pretty clear this entire time Trump is only going to get the white male vote.
    white man tends to think rationally while others tend to think emotional, well except for us asians, we win at everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    white man tends to think rationally while others tend to think emotional, well except for us asians, we win at everything.
    Populists like Trump do everything but appeal to rationality...they are playing with the fear and anger of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They're just echoing trump: who believes a judge with Mexican heritage would be biased against him because he's building a wall. Despite the fact the judge is American.
    California La Raza Lawyers Association

La Raza Lawyers of California is an independent unincorporated association of Lawyers organized in 1977 to support Chicano and Latino Lawyers in California and serve as a statewide network for local affiliate La Raza Lawyers Groups. We meet quarterly at various locations around the state and represent 16 different local organizations with over 2,000 attorneys. We are affiliated with the Hispanic National Bar Association.

idk man, those groups tend to favour their own