Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why haven't I seen a Legion DPS rank chart yet?

I'm aware that there have still been lots of changes, but I haven't seen any discussion about which classes or specs will be optimal so far, not even a chart or anything like that. Is it still far too early, or have I just missed the thread?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'm aware that there have still been lots of changes, but I haven't seen any discussion about which classes or specs will be optimal so far, not even a chart or anything like that. Is it still far too early, or have I just missed the thread?
    Because they are still tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do you think they'll step up getting the numbers on track? Before or after the pre-patch? Simply curious, I don't remember the track record of expansions past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    The numbers currently mean jack shit because class tuning is happening at the moment. Wait until Pre-patch launch to get the full real numbers.
    Aaaand there's my answer.
    [/url]

I'd say it's too early. We're probably gonna have a chart when 7.0 pre-patch is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    cause every other day they are releasing patch notes with pages of skills across most if not all classes and specs having the percents raised and lowered

When do you think they'll step up getting the numbers on track? Before or after the pre-patch? Simply curious, I don't remember the track record of expansions past.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if its anything like previous expansions we won't have a decent idea of numbers until the kneejerk buff/nerf happens at the last second during the first week heroic raids are out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    Well off the top of my head.
    Legion is not out yet, and Legion is not out yet o, did i mention Legion is not out yet!
    Builds are not final.
    full raids aren't open.

on to more personal issues that could affect it.
    You don't know how to use Google.
    You can't read.
    You can read but cant comprehend.
    O an you lack common sense.
    I was looking for an answer, not an asshole.
    [/url]

I would like to see some numbers you do during pre-patch.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    mmo-champ probably isn't the best place to look then :/ Blizzard are putting out tuning patches pretty much weekly atm. Until the tuning and balancing is done a dps rank chart is pretty much meaningless. Generally they are trying to fix the bugs first, then tune the specs once they are bug free. You are unlikely to see a reliable dps chart until much closer to the launch of either legion or the prepatch. Even a dps chart from 1-2 builds ago will be significantly wrong. However if you want to see the current state of things in beta you can see some damage rankings from damage meters in various raid testing. Just keep in mind that the addons used to measure dps are often out of date versions used for live so even their recordings may be wildly innaccurate.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would change every week, and it doesn't appear that simcrafters are interested in performing weekly target dummy dps charts.

- - - Updated - - -

Never.
    All you can do is pick some specific build and use that as a reference.
    Pre-patch is bound to adjust things, so I wouldn't even rely on that for anything concrete, or at least as concrete as wow goes.
    As players reach max level and get into the encounters and do PvP then blizzard will undoubtedly be watching.
    I expect further adjustments as there have always been when the content is new.

The pre-patch will be players at 100 with major portion of their toolkit missing, artifacts and the extra 10 levels.
    That will not be a useful guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Don't think they lock them down till a week before it's released.

pretty sure the people working on the respective modules want to avoid the drama coming with showing off the dogshit job blizzard does.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-04 at 10:49 PM.

There was a WoD Beta chart, why not here? I know tuning hasn't been done but it would still be fun to see.

Because it hasnt been released? Because even after it releases, it will be a week or two before people are raid ready? Because they are still tuning?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    The numbers currently mean jack shit because class tuning is happening at the moment. Wait until Pre-patch launch to get the full real numbers.

No, nobody will know the real numbers until level 110 since they tune for max level every time. Things will (as usual) be out of whack during the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    There was a WoD Beta chart, why not here? I know tuning hasn't been done but it would still be fun to see.
    The dps ranking during WoD wasn't actually reliable until the end of the Beta, and even then things still changed between Beta and Live. Not to mention, they started tuning numbers earlier than they're doing now which was when the rankings appeared.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2016-07-05 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Because they are still tuning?
    Has tuning ever really made much difference? Has there been an expansion where a class which was OP during beta was not near the top upon release? Conversely has there been a poor performing class which became top by release week?

Everyone else hit the obvious answer, so I will just add that in my experience at 800 ilvl, all the specs are surprisingly close to eachother; which is around 125k dps. I imagine this is the goal they are after right now. I think the gap between the best and worst will be smaller then it has been in the past.

@dexx, of course. Tuning has massive changes to the numbers.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-07-05 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I think the gap between the best and worst will be smaller then it has been in the past.
    Curious considering the massive amount of QQ in various class forums. Eg; "class XYZ does half the dps of a fire mage with the same ilvl", "class ABCs rampup for AOE is too slow to make it viable for Mythics", "melee is doing so much more dps than casters".

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not only you cannot think for yourself, but you assume that the simcraft developers work day and night to code every little change Blizzard does to dps classes, only to have their worked scratched off the next beta build and restart, so that you can have the pretty useless dps chart and pick the fotm class of this beta build. gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Has tuning ever really made much difference? Has there been an expansion where a class which was OP during beta was not near the top upon release? Conversely has there been a poor performing class which became top by release week?
    It doesn't matter if the low pleb class becomes OP. Numbers matter because they change the way each class plays to reach the highest dps it can. Every change means players have to research the optimal rotation/priority use of abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't expect to have your hand held, either, then.