Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't mind the ladder, however promotion matches shouldn't exist IMO. Overwatch does fine without them. It feels crap having to play an extra match to move up and have your progress munched. One time I thought I'd ranked up enough to hit a promotion match, but was off by like 5 points or something. Felt horrible.

They can keep demotion matches though :P

Feels bad man. At one point I was literally one away from getting a promotion match.

And I did finally hit back to gold 5 after carrying people with Lili. But some of the games ive seen....we won a game without a support or a warrior...I mean what????
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I feel you, you helped me stay positive. I'll channel my determination at you. (assuming you mean losing one sided)
    Yeah it came out even for wins and loses in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    can't have been that bad a night if you went from platinum 1 to diamond 1 in one session
    God damn it why I keep getting them mixed up!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Feels bad man. At one point I was literally one away from getting a promotion match.

And I did finally hit back to gold 5 after carrying people with Lili. But some of the games ive seen....we won a game without a support or a warrior...I mean what????
    You can win without a support or a warrior you're in silver/gold 5 neither team is very impressive (no offense intended). It just depends on the skill level of your team and the enemies but in general unless the enemy picks some crazy comp you always want a tank and a support of some kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played since the new ranking system was implemented. I quit before all that, because I started hating the game. Losing 75% of my matches due to horrible matchmaking, bad drafts, trolls, noobs, you named it. It's frustrating as hell.

It's as OP said, you cannot influence the game in a positive way, but you can screw up the match very easily. Sadly, this happens frequently, especcialy in HL. You'd expect players to be more skillfull in HL, but that's far from true. Trying to rank up is simply impossible, because for every good match, I have two bad matches.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    I haven't played since the new ranking system was implemented. I quit before all that, because I started hating the game. Losing 75% of my matches due to horrible matchmaking, bad drafts, trolls, noobs, you named it. It's frustrating as hell.

It's as OP said, you cannot influence the game in a positive way, but you can screw up the match very easily. Sadly, this happens frequently, especcialy in HL. You'd expect players to be more skillfull in HL, but that's far from true. Trying to rank up is simply impossible, because for every good match, I have two bad matches.
    Welcome to Mobas... this happens everywhere dota, league. It's just a fact of the genre. You should read my other posts

You can influence the game in a positive way easily. You can drive your team to win as a tank, you can do it to a lesser degree with a healer. And everybody has bad streaks you just have to move on don't even think about the games you lost. Don't worry about what your team did or how bad they were/are all you'll do is make yourself play worse. Keep a positive mind set and even when your behind play to the best of your abbility. If you just keep going on tilt you'll never progress or get better at the game sadly. And this logic works for most of every game/genre even real life.

Deleted
    I'm starting to have good results with any 2 warrior comp. So even if the other guy on your team insists on playing Artanis (no offense, i think he is in a good place but you will always have that guy that does not go shield build and dies over and over) you can still be the carrying tank.

So i'd stick with Mythbredor here and advice you to play tank to up your chances of "carrying" (helping smooth out the trollfactor).
    Stitches is a prime example here. He can really help carrying and is rarely picked/banned.
    ETC is good to, but the follow up on a 3 man mosh can be lacking if your team is not on spot. Thats not the problem with stitches since he singles out the enemy (if you are good with your hooks of course).

Then there's Xul. I love him. Has everything in his kit. AoE, Root, Evade, Poke (Bonespear). Only problem is poor jungle (siege camps take forever). I'd say that you can more or less carry with him too, but it's way harder than with Stitches.

Good luck anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    I'm starting to have good results with any 2 warrior comp. So even if the other guy on your team insists on playing Artanis (no offense, i think he is in a good place but you will always have that guy that does not go shield build and dies over and over) you can still be the carrying tank.

So i'd stick with Mythbredor here and advice you to play tank to up your chances of "carrying" (helping smooth out the trollfactor).
    Stitches is a prime example here. He can really help carrying and is rarely picked/banned.
    ETC is good to, but the follow up on a 3 man mosh can be lacking if your team is not on spot. Thats not the problem with stitches since he singles out the enemy (if you are good with your hooks of course).

Then there's Xul. I love him. Has everything in his kit. AoE, Root, Evade, Poke (Bonespear). Only problem is poor jungle (siege camps take forever). I'd say that you can more or less carry with him too, but it's way harder than with Stitches.

Good luck anyways.
    I agree. Everytime i see Xul in opponent team, i know will be difficult game or even lost. And kinda i use Artanis mainly shield build is kinda good. But only if you got good support such Lili or Malfurion in team.

Well, that's that. Last game I took Morales and we ended up with Illi+Morales, start of the game we were annihilating them, then around the midway point Illidan and Muradin decided that diving deep and chasing all day was a great idea. Game turned around, boom loss. Two guys took an easy win and just decided to flush it down the toilet.

That was my Silver demotion rank. Officially in fucking Bronze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well, that's that. Last game I took Morales and we ended up with Illi+Morales, start of the game we were annihilating them, then around the midway point Illidan and Muradin decided that diving deep and chasing all day was a great idea. Game turned around, boom loss. Two guys took an easy win and just decided to flush it down the toilet.

Morales is one of those characters that isn't very good in solo Q I have experinced that first hand.

First game of Bronze.

First pick Nova.

I just left. I give up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I agree. Everytime i see Xul in opponent team, i know will be difficult game or even lost. And kinda i use Artanis mainly shield build is kinda good. But only if you got good support such Lili or Malfurion in team.
    I think Artanis and Tassadar match very well. But people are always afraid of Tassadar as support.

On a side note, i think Xul can be countered by Brightwing. Just play as you would against illidan: Poly if evasion/shield/his CDs go off. Plus he is countered by blinds since his W will do nothing. So lili/artanis/johanna work well.

Morales is one of those characters that isn't very good in solo Q I have experinced that first hand.
    I don't get the Morales hype in HL either.
    "Ban Morales pls!" ... and I'm always happy if the enemy has her because she is rather weak in my opinion and easily dealt with.

I tend to ban Illidan if we have the first pick after ban (for KT..he's just too strong). I hate playing against him, but i hate him more on my teams. Of course i'd not do it if someone highlights him, i'm not a dick. But i try to talk them out of it, cause messing up with him is too easy and too often.
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2016-07-05 at 12:04 PM.

First game of Bronze.

First pick Nova.

I just left. I give up.
    I'm sad to tell you but with that attitude you'll never move up. You play your best even through the bad games I've won some games I never could have believed we would have ever won. Just won my last game we were 3 levels down and with no forts taken and our core at 44% we ended up winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    I think Artanis and Tassadar match very well. But people are always afraid of Tassadar as support.

On a side note, i think Xul can be countered by Brightwing. Just play as you would against illidan: Poly if evasion/shield/his CDs go off. Plus he is countered by blinds since his W will do nothing. So lili/artanis/johanna work well.

I don't get the Morales hype in HL either.
    "Ban Morales pls!" ... and I'm always happy if the enemy has her because she is rather weak in my opinion and easily dealt with.

I tend to ban Illidan if we have the first pick after ban (for KT..he's just too strong). I hate playing against him, but i hate him more on my teams. Of course i'd not do it if someone highlights him, i'm not a dick. But i try to talk them out of it, cause messing up with him is too easy and too often.
    Morales is really good if you have the team around her but sadly that just doesn't happen often in solo Q. But yeah one of the most important phases is hero bans and picks you gotta coordinate with your team. Illidan is fairly strong with a good comp around him, that goes both ways tho he's also terrible against the right comp.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can win without a support or a warrior you're in silver/gold 5 neither team is very impressive (no offense intended). It just depends on the skill level of your team and the enemies but in general unless the enemy picks some crazy comp you always want a tank and a support of some kind.
    Basically our Tracer carried us that game, and siege damage helped a lot.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

First game of Bronze.

First pick Nova.

I just left. I give up.
    That attitude will definitely not get you very far, As much as it can be annoying, you'll have to deal with people like that you have a steady ranking experience in any moba, I understand the frustration as Nova is so easily countered by people... But some people just wants to see the world burn =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hero League is overrated. Too much sress and work for not enough reward (and I'm not talking about the mounts.)
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-07-06 at 01:01 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Problem with trying to carry as anything is that even if one person on your team sucks, and the enemy team is competent, you're not going to win. I played a game last season with Chu8 and Mewnfare randomly in HL, and we got a shit Uther. Guess what? We lost, and no single player in the world could save us because the other team was good, and our Uther was not.

I guess if the teams are actually equal, and not bullshit MMR equal where some people clearly don't belong at the rating they are, you can carry, but it just doesn't happen that often. If you're lucky there are just simply an equal amount of bad players on each team, and you just hope yours are smart enough to follow the team and not die immediately.
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2016-07-06 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arahdun View Post
    That attitude will definitely not get you very far, As much as it can be annoying, you'll have to deal with people like that you have a steady ranking experience in any moba, I understand the frustration as Nova is so easily countered by people... But some people just wants to see the world burn =P
    It's a complete troll pick basically guaranteed to throw the game unless the enemy team is retarded.

At that point I'd had enough though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Problem with trying to carry as anything is that even if one person on your team sucks, and the enemy team is competent, you're not going to win. I played a game last season with Chu8 and Mewnfare randomly in HL, and we got a shit Uther. Guess what? We lost, and no single player in the world could save us because the other team was good, and our Uther was not.
    Yep, it's infuriating.

Ironically I find this far less of a problem in QM, where the enemy team is often not bright enough to punish your bad players. In HL, forget about it. One idiot is almost always a loss.

Since the new ranked system I had a couple of lame losses, but ok. They are anoying but part of the game. There was only one real troll. A guy 4th pick) was prepicking a tank and the rest of us picked accordingly. Once everyone had picked he changed to Nova. First I thought to give it a shot and see what happens. However, it was a 1st time Nova of the guy and things just went south.

Things like this make you wonder if people know what they are doing, but ok. After cooling down I know that enemy teams I fight will also run into the same problems so in the end the only outcome of doing your best will be rank promotion as all the other factors are completely random.

Next game of bronze: enemy team picks first in draft. They ban Illidan, so obviously they're going to first pick Ming or KT. Our lead asks our first player what if he has KT or Ming. No response. It times out, our banner has to ban KT, the first pick goes Mura. The guy who queued with him says this is "try-harding draft in bronze", and picks Murky.

I'm up for draft, I ask if anyone has a healer. No response. I keep repeating it, finally the guy picking with me says yes. I pick Zagara, he picks Sylvanas.

I think it was 3-20 or so and we got one tower down, thanks to Murky laning during the first objective (throwing it obviously).

And I thought Silver was horrible.

30 minute intensely close game: 175 points
    11 minute smash because butcher dc'd in draft and never came back and bot butcher spawns then insta dies: -225 points.

Fuck sake.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh