Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the TL;DR of your class order hall campaign?

Interested in hearing all the surprises/interesting things that happen in each classes order hall because I won't have all the classes.

Rogue: The short version is that Amber, a recurring SI 7 NPC, turns up murdered with a decoded message. You investigate and it turns out the leader of SI 7 had her assassinated for unknown reasons and has been having the group acting oddly for a while. You investigate and it eventually turns out that Mathias Shaw was captured and replaced by a dreadlord. I haven't unlocked the finale yet, but you free the real Mathias and unmask the dreadlord Detheroc, who was also in WC 3 Frozen Throne.

I would probably be displeased if I was a horde rogue because it focuses so much on SI 7 and saving it from a dreadlord's control. There isn't really much here for the horde other than Garona I guess, but even she doesn't seem to have any actual ties to the Horde anymore and neither does Valeera, who up until Legion was loyal to and associated with Varian personally rather than the Alliance or even Horde in general.

Our followers are:

Vanessa VanCleef (faked her death in the Deadmines in Cata)
    Garona
    Jorach Ravenholdt.
    Valeera Sanguinar, blood elf rogue from the comics and friend of Varian Wrynn and Broll Bearmantle. Also for some reason she's the Rogue hero in Hearthstone.
    Mathias Shaw, leader of SI 7.
    Taoshi (pandaren rogue from the Shado Pan)
    Marin Noggenfogger
    Fleet Admiral Tethys

The order is called the Uncrowned. The 'slayers of kings and downfall of empires who write the true history of this world blah blah.' It's not really indicated how long this group has been around but despite the flowery words it strikes me as a more recent group that's formed rather than really being ancient. It's ruled by a Council of Shadows, though Jorach Ravnholdt seems to be the one with the most clout, sitting at the head of the table. Unlike the other order halls, you aren't really explicitly made THE leader of the Order, but rather you join the council as its newest member and the one tasked with bringing the fight to the Legion. The other shadows are Princess Tess Greymane, Fleet Admiral Tethys, Garona, Valeera, Taoshi and of course Jorach Ravenholdt. Vanessa VanCleef was poised to become the next Shadow but they picked you over her and so she attacks you and you beat her and she becomes your agent.

The order hall is the Hall of Shadows beneath Dalaran. There are three entrances rogues can take, by talking to specific shopkeepers who will direct you to 'the back room.' Non rogues attempting to get inside will have a fade to black and then wake up in the Legeremane Lounge area. If you played in Wrath, the core of the rogue order hall is the tunnel, sewer and wooden inn area that's in the Underbelly, with a few rooms added on including the council room where the Shadows meet, a treasure room with loot and gold scattered about, and a third room with rogue trainers, a brawling pit, poison lab etc.

For the artifact quests, for assassination you track down a cult called the Veiled Hand, consisting of a corrupted Noghtwatch from Duskwood which turned evil. You put a stop to it and Garona hands over her Kingslayer daggers. For combat, you chase after and kill some undead pirate for the Dreadblades. For sub, Valeera helps you track down an eredar assassin with daggers made from a demon hounds teeth, because nothing says subtle like a weapon made from a demon fang.

Huh, this was supposed to be the TLDR version so maybe that's a bit much.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-07-05 at 06:16 AM.

Wow that was a great write up, especially because I have no interest in leveling a rogue, thank you so much because I at least like knowing what happens with other peoples classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post

Huh, this was supposed to be the TLDR version so maybe that's a bit much.
    It was really informative! I really liked how you went into detail about how you get the weapons/the order hall itself.
    Last edited by Hobotripin; 2016-07-05 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    Wow that was a great write up, especially because I have no interest in leveling a rogue, thank you so much because I at least like knowing what happens with other peoples classes.
    I'm hoping others fill in the details for the other classes. I've done the intro for most classes on beta to see the order halls but I'll probably only play rogue, paladin, mage, monk and demonhunter in live to actually do the campaigns.

I know the mage order hall involves hunting down the dreadlord that previously possessed Meryl Felstorm. I forget his name. I don't know how it ends.

The Death Knight campaign I know involves raising a new set of our horseman. Sally Whitemane, Nazgrim, Thoras Trollbane and after a failed attempt to raise Tirion, Darion Mograine. I don't know the specifics beyond that.

Monks have the peak of serenity wrecked and regroup on the Wandering Isle. That's all I know.

Warlocks conquore some demon world, but you must rebuild the council of the black harvest because they get wrecked in their first attempt before you have your artifact weapon.

Demon Hunters get a legion ship. I know that you get to choose your second in command in a 'paragon or renegade' sort of choice, but I don't know how much that choice affects the rest of the story.

The hunter order hall quests deal with fighting Hakkar the Houndmaster, a demon that can summon felhounds (he was first featured in the War of the Ancients trilogy). The Unseen Path is the order, which has existed since the War of the Ancients, but has been few in number in recent years. Hunters from every race and creed join your cause - most notably, elven hunters (Sentinels, Farstriders, Silver Covenant, and Dark Rangers).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Not in beta, but I'm pretty damn sure.

DK: Same shit you got in your starter quest. Same place, same everything.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior TLDR: The theme is cool if you like norse mythology (or WoW's version of it), if not the theme sucks. Overall though the WoD garrison was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    Interested in hearing all the surprises/interesting things that happen in each classes order hall because I won't have all the classes.
    The Ebon Blade decide to assault Light's Hope because apparently Bolavar is one of the Cylons and Everything that is happening now has happened before, guess how it ends?

The Shaman quest is all about convincing the Elemental Lords to unite against the Legion. Since Rag and Alakir died in Cata you gottta help install new leadership there. So you re-energize Thunderfury and resurrect Thunderaan to rule the Throne of Winds. The elements in Firelands are at war, you go in and kill off one side and Smolderon takes over as Firelord. Whole thing ends with all 4 Elemental Lords at the malestrom promising to kick some legion ass.

The druid campaign has you re-activating an old portal to the Rift of Aln in the emerald dream to save Malorne from the Nightmare.

Once you go in, you replay a battle during the war of the ancients where Malorne was struck down by Archimonde. You can see all of the Wild gods there including:

Cenarius
    Ursoc/Ursol
    Ashamane
    Avianna
    Aggamagan

I didn't see Goldrinn there, but I can't go back to check.

You end up breaking Malorne's Nightmare by killing Archimonde. He then accompanies you to the Dreamgrove in Val'Sharah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really hope that they continue all these questlines in patch content. And some are just underwhelming; I mean most of them are about increasing the power of your order so you can better fight the legion or about countering a significant threat to your order. The paladin one was about saving the priests . . .
    I think that is pretty much a given.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Not in beta, but I'm pretty damn sure.

DK: Same shit you got in your starter quest. Same place, same everything.
    I can tell you're not in beta, because that's completely wrong.

Deleted
    I really hope that they continue all these questlines in patch content. And some are just underwhelming; I mean most of them are about increasing the power of your order so you can better fight the legion or about countering a significant threat to your order. The paladin one was about saving the priests . . .
    I fully expect the DK campaign to continue with the Four Horseman hunting the dreadlords, who are in the end the ones responsible for creating the Scourge. Along the way, the Ebon Blade realize Bolvar is becoming too much like the previous LK's and is manipulating them, putting them between two threats.

I'd be surprised if the class quests don't advance in Legion's patches. Otherwise it will be kind of anti climactic to build up these forces and then just use them for missions. I'm also hoping the artifact quests will get an epilogue quest at the end of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    The Ebon Blade decide to assault Light's Hope because apparently Bolavar is one of the Cylons and Everything that is happening now has happened before, guess how it ends?
    They get rekt? Who came up with this marvelous idea?

Warrior: Odin to you: "hey dude, you are the strongest warrior alive, we never met before, but you will lead my army", and then you go

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They get rekt? Who came up with this marvelous idea?
    They dont get wrecked, but it doesnt go as planned, and they lose.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    They dont get wrecked, but it doesnt go as planned, and they lose.
    When you Alienate your allies to get a task and betray everything that your order is supposed to be about and get the same thing out of it that you could if the deathlord just looked at Mograine and say "Attacking Light's hope is stupid, it is your job Bro" That count's as getting Rekt.

tl;dr : See Shadow Priest

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Well the fairly stupid idea would result in either the DKs or the Paladins getting rekt. As a Paladin, 'd rather it was them
    But isn't it actually pallies (no names + Liadrin) getting wrecked by DKs and then the DKs getting wrecked by the Light?

Deleted
    What is the priest one actually i cant find it anywhere would love it if someone replies