Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    A new leader has to be elected before they have the authority to do anything. To leave the country with basically no leadership for 2-3 months is not the sign of a good PM.
    Then elect a new leader. Why wait until October?

- - - Updated - - -

Why was anyone expecting a group of Labour, Tory, UKIP and Green party members to come up with a unified plan of what would happen next?
    We expect them to have at least seperate plans.

Deleted
    That's exactly what he said he was going to do, so yes I would expect him to keep to his word and at least have a plan in place until a new leader is chosen.

The leave side has no authority to do anything at the moment. Some of the candidates for leader have begun to set out their vision for Brexit but they can't do anything while we have a lame duck PM sitting in office, what would you expect of them?

And the Leave campaign was a cross party group, they're not a 'side' in any political sense and will have wildly different views on what Brexit should look like. Why was anyone expecting a group of Labour, Tory, UKIP and Green party members to come up with a unified plan of what would happen next?
    Complete BS...He does not need to lead the negotiations, just invoke the article...after it the Leave champions can take it over...somehow they do not want it.
    Plus because if you do a campaign to achieve a huge change in your country, then you must have a plan after the achievment. Simple common sense..for you does not sounds lame "Leave!Leave! We want to leave! Ok we doing, what now? Errm..."?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Complete BS...He does not need to lead the negotiations, just invoke the article...after it the Leave champions can take it over...somehow they do not want it.
    Plus because if you do a campaign to achieve a huge change in your country, then you must have a plan after the achievment. Simple common sense..for you does not sounds lame "Leave!Leave! We want to leave! Ok we doing, what now? Errm..."?
    Problem is there are no Leave leaders now. They both quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Problem is there are no Leave leaders now. They both quit.
    And none of them actually wanted to leave anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That's why I said it was from announcement of intent to completion (and our announcement of intent hasn't even happened yet).

Publically yes, but as I said our announcement of intent hasn't even happened yet.
    November 9,1989: Fall of the Berlin Wall <=== The crucial event. Completely unexpected.

November 28,1989: West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl announces a 10-point program for reunification by federation <=== Announcing the plan.

October 30,1990: The flag of a reunited Germany is raised over the Reichstag in Berlin. The GDR ceases to exist. Fireworks go off across the city. <=== Plan completed.(Mostly)

Compared to:

June 23,2016: EU Referendum, Leave wins. <=== The crucial event. Lots of time for preparation.

June 24,2016: Cameron jumps ship (understandable)

June 30,2016: Johnson jumps ship

July 4,2016: Farage jumps ship

sometime in early September (hopefully): New PM <=== Announcing the plan...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post

We expect them to have at least seperate plans.
    That time frame was set out by Cameron himself, funnily enough. The process takes time, the candidates need to set out their intentions and the process consists two stages of voting.

- - - Updated - - -

So he invokes the article now and then we waste 3 months of it doing absolutely nothing while we elect a new leader? Sounds like a cracking plan...

Deleted
    That time frame was set out by Cameron himself, funnily enough. The process takes time, the candidates need to set out their intentions and the process consists two stages of voting.
    The candidates want to leave. They wanted to leave for a while now. They should have plans and intentions, aside fom "erm we don't actually want to leave"

So he invokes the article now and then we waste 3 months of it doing absolutely nothing while we elect a new leader? Sounds like a cracking plan...
    The whole Brexit thing sounds like a cracking plan.

Deleted
    The candidates want to leave. They wanted to leave for a while now. They should have plans and intentions, aside fom "erm we don't actually want to leave"

The whole Brexit thing sounds like a cracking plan.
    Ah, so that's you're argument?

Waaaah the brits want to leave why can't we just kick them out of the door!

They've set out things they would like to do or what future governments could do, but they weren't an opposition government, they were never going to draft a full brexit plan.

Not one of them has said they no longer want to leave, the closest to it we've come is Boris Johnson writing a weird article suggesting a sort of brexit-lite which he has later contradicted. Unless you've got any actual evidence of this rather than just stating what you assume is fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Ah, so that's you're argument?

Waaaah the brits want to leave why can't we just kick them out of the door!
    I don't want to kick them. They can stay for all I care. It's just funny to watch half a country of indecisive, spineless, leave leaders and their oh so educated voters.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the UK when we vote we are electing members of parliament almost all of which represent a political party, when the votes are counted the party or coalition of parties with the majority share of MPs becomes the government. The leader of the party in government (or leader of the party forming the majority of the coalition) then becomes PM.

The leader of the party in government (David Cameron, Conservatives) has resigned as party leader. This means he will continue to serve as Prime Minister until his party elect a new leader to replace him, at which point they will become Prime Minister, and electing a party leader is not an overnight affair.

NB: This is a similar situation as the demise of Margaret Thatcher, where she was deposed as leader but continued to be PM until a replacement leader replaced her.

Deleted
    Not one of them has said they no longer want to leave, the closest to it we've come is Boris Johnson writing a weird article suggesting a sort of brexit-lite which he has later contradicted. Unless you've got any actual evidence of this rather than just stating what you assume is fact.
    Look, if I spend the better part of a year campaigning for something I would at least stay to see it through. If I coax a country into leaving for on thing I don't suddenly drop off the face of the Earth when the thing I wanted to happen hasn't happened yet.

Deleted
    I don't want to kick them. They can stay for all I care. It's just funny to watch half a country of indecisive, spineless, leave leaders and their oh so educated voters.
    Your passive aggressive stance shows you just as much spine as the leaders you're mocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The democratic process is electing people to the parliament, just like everywhere else they may or may not do what you like.
    And when they don't do what you like you keep electing them over and over again so they can keep doing what you do not like?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Since when the PM need to lead the negotiations? Make teams for it, put an expert negotiator in charge and invoke that fking article...Do you really think, 4 sec later of invoking the article they start the negotiations? Really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Your passive aggressive stance shows you just as much spine as the leaders you're mocking.
    Good thing I don't lead a country then, right?
    And how exactly am I spineless anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Since when the PM need to lead the negotiations? Make teams for it, put an expert negotiator in charge and invoke that fking article...Do you really think, 4 sec later of invoking the article they start the negotiations? Really?
    Experts are the devil. Don't you know? Expert always lie and are the puppets of the Remain side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And when they don't do what you like you keep electing them over and over again so they can keep doing what you do not like?
    So literally nothing ever gets done?

Look, if I spend the better part of a year campaigning for something I would at least stay to see it through. If I coax a country into leaving for on thing I don't suddenly drop off the face of the Earth when the thing I wanted to happen hasn't happened yet.
    I'm sorry, but you are speaking as though you have no idea about British politics. Only Tory MPs would realistically be in a position to 'see it through' and not one of them has dropped off the face of the Earth as far as I'm aware. Could you try and be more specific about anyone you actually mean?

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but you are speaking as though you have no idea about British politics. Only Tory MPs would realistically be in a position to 'see it through' and not one of them has dropped off the face of the Earth as far as I'm aware. Could you try and be more specific about anyone you actually mean?
    I don't know how British politics work. And you know what I mean. Everyone is laughing at the two biggest Leave supporters leaving their position, because they don't want to deal with it, not even accidently. If god forbid their party wins they would be at the helm when the ship goes down.

I don't know how British politics work. And you know what I mean. Everyone is laughing at the two biggest Leave supporters leaving their position, because they don't want to deal with it, not even accidently. If god forbid their party wins they would be at the helm when the ship goes down.
    Are you soft in the head? Is it really too difficult to understand the the current government needs to elect a new leader and it's impossible for that person to be either Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage.