Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Protip: google bartender bar toggler, toggles all the bars you have enabled visible/invisible with one keybind.
    I prefer just enabling the "auto hide" option with "showing on mouse-over" enabled. No need for another addon.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post

Protip: google bartender bar toggler, toggles all the bars you have enabled visible/invisible with one keybind.
    You can do this with macro conditionals in the visibility tab as well.

Code:
    [mod:alt]show;hide

I remember seeing someone talking about an update to how UIs work, something about stop motion. Where can I read up on this? Haven't found anything on google

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    just getting back into it.
    Nice to see your work again. Yours and Ishtara's UIs/media packs taught me how to make a clean UI, so thank you!

Damn shaman, that's some really badass looking UI

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    You could just download the ui if you want :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/709yeh4e8m...%20UI.rar?dl=0
    Thanks! Gonna mess around with it. Used to have a UI using these elements, but lost it with my old HDD. Been trying to see which of my old UI's I can full remake inside Elv for fun while I wait for Legion.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    I remember seeing someone talking about an update to how UIs work, something about stop motion. Where can I read up on this? Haven't found anything on google
    How are we supposed to out-do each other if we share such clandestine info, Birg? (here!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    What I would do (and intend to do in Legion) is use a bar mod that will allow you to hide your action bars, keybind everything you want, then hide them. Then create a HUD like this and type in your keybinds as static text displays - get your wa's/cds/priorities and keybinds all in one:

has worked for me for quite a while now, but something like that can become kinda bulky.

After playing arcane for months though, i toned everything a bit down, with pop ups for short cooldowns and sounds for ring activate (when ring is ready everything else is ready too).

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    This should help:

Quote Originally Posted by fourk3y View Post
    Is that the DBM radar? How do you get it that large?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Is that the DBM radar? How do you get it that large?
    no, that's the mythic weak aura from method.

However it had some bugs for me because I raid on a connected realm which the weak aura does (or did) not support.

@slothington: It's the radar for mythic Archimonde, but it should work on other difficulties too.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    How are we supposed to out-do each other if we share such clandestine info, Birg? (here!)
    By stealing each other's work and adding more useless, flashy stuff, of course! (((;;
    Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    This should help:
    Bah, I should've known! I'm even subbed and somehow missed it Thank you!

Deleted
    @Lyn: Coolvetica regular
    @Qlix: this is what i've been doing for a while. my experience is that the more i tinker with making the UI perfect around displaying the information, the worse i perform when it comes to standing in and outside of fire, for example. really i'm just looking for a simple solution and the actionbars simply work for me. the only nuisance is that i just think it looks ugly.
    @Birgwow: thanks! i had no clue. looking back at my media packs and old posts really make me cringe sometimes though. i produced so much shit, i could fertilize europe's farmland for decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    no easy answer to the action bars, you could try scaling them them down so the overall bar width mirrors that of the castbar and unitframe, or attempt to embed them as a block under another element like the chat or the minimap.
    i think this is what i'm going to be going for. i'm not really bothered by the fact that the width does not match, but i think i'll scale the actionbars down until i find a decent size where i can please my eyes and functionality at the same time. trial and error baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    This should help:

Wow, that's excellent! I've been out of the UI loop and had no idea we had frames for WeakAuras now. I can just imagine the effects...

...now, if I can figure out how to properly snip out the unit frames from a UI, I can get to my long prolonged Witcher UI.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Wow, that's excellent! I've been out of the UI loop and had no idea we had frames for WeakAuras now. I can just imagine the effects...

...now, if I can figure out how to properly snip out the unit frames from a UI, I can get to my long prolonged Witcher UI.
    You need patience and...some of this:

I seem to recall you made some parts of it already didn't you? What happened with that? Let me know if you're still down to make this UI happen. I have some items in my magic stash that may help.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2016-07-05 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Hi @Mahcake Would you mind to tell me what addons are you using in that cool UI ? i would like to try to copy it. I would really apreciate it. Thanks

Yet another idea I was messing with in Elv. This time trying to add a "Default UI" look to it.

Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    Yet another idea I was messing with in Elv. This time trying to add a "Default UI" look to it.

i like the button borders but the Unitframes look to clumsy and huge for my taste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    You need patience and...some of this:

I seem to recall you made some parts of it already didn't you? What happened with that? Let me know if you're still down to make this UI happen. I have some items in my magic stash that may help.
    Short answer is I took a break. I did get some parts of it working, but not a cohesive actual unit frame. Sure, the border, health and mana bars appeared and filled and emptied as desired, but it just didn't look good. Really strongly looked...well, photoshopped. Like I had cut it out of a magazine and glued it onto my screen.

Not only that, I was having some issues with making the frames properly clickable. I tried using Pitbull and making the actual Pitbull unit frame invisible, but I remember not having a lot of success.

I do want to keep trying, but I'll need a bit to look at what I had before.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-07-05 at 06:49 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥