Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Bueno. Like I said, it wasn't like I can't complete these quests because everything kills me all the time, it was more I've had a few more oh shit moments than before.

Super dire.
    I am a little scared because it's not like we were already OP soloers with mobs like they were before... I feel the pain already XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    That's intended
    Super dire.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I am a little scared
    There might be some confusion about why the world mobs are more dangerous. Unlike other expansions, EVERY mob in the current expansion will be level 110 when you are level 110 or the max level you are when levelling. That is the important change that makes the world mobs more dangerous, not that you are more squishy, that wasn't felt much at least by me, but it was pretty obvious every single area and zone in the game will have something that can wipe you if you afk for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    There might be some confusion about why the world mobs are more dangerous. Unlike other expansions, EVERY mob in the current expansion will be level 110 when you are level 110 or the max level you are when levelling. That is the important change that makes the world mobs more dangerous, not that you are more squishy, that wasn't felt much at least by me, but it was pretty obvious every single area and zone in the game will have something that can wipe you if you afk for a few seconds.
    I can only speak for myself, but i have always been aware of this... We are actually less squishy thanks to artifact perks that increase our absorption spell or heal us... It's mobs that are stronger and that, as mentioned, scares me as a Mage, since i used to sweat on some élites already :P

I am a little scared because it's not like we were already OP soloers with mobs like they were before... I feel the pain already XD
    Like I said, I haven't really died yet, just come close. It's mostly just been oh I need to make sure I'm using frost nova oh I need to kite more. like I feel squishy and I need to be a little more mindful but I don't think it's gonna be that big of an issue.
    I forgot dragon breath dazes.

Deleted
    i used to sweat on some élites already :P
    dragon breath
    If you want to burst down fast (even levelling elites) during levelling, try a charged up+presence of mind+rune of power arcane. It's beautiful because for the first few seconds the burst is insane and because of the downtimes of levelling the cooldowns come back relatively frequently. I might prefer it over frost.

I searched the thread, but I didn't see anything about this:

Archmage Vargoth's Arcane Intellect, the buff you get from Vargoth as a combat ally, definitely increases my damage, but my stats window shows no change. The aura data on wowhead is unclear. Has anyone quantified this buff? I'm just curious, I know it only affects outdoor stuff.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I searched the thread, but I didn't see anything about this:

Archmage Vargoth's Arcane Intellect, the buff you get from Vargoth as a combat ally, definitely increases my damage, but my stats window shows no change. The aura data on wowhead is unclear. Has anyone quantified this buff? I'm just curious, I know it only affects outdoor stuff.
    It's 20% AP/SP. Since that's a hidden stat and you only see Int, you don't see a change on the character sheet.

Annoying, I know. Check it against the tooltip value of Ice Barrier, since it doesn't show Versatility in it. Should be 10x your Int, then 20% higher after the buff.

Bueno. Like I said, it wasn't like I can't complete these quests because everything kills me all the time, it was more I've had a few more oh shit moments than before.

Super dire.
    Interesting. I only got to 106 so far, but stuff is dying like flies.
    While soloing the 3-man-suggested Nesingwary elites in Highmountain, I couldn't drop below 50% HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's 20% AP/SP. Since that's a hidden stat and you only see Int, you don't see a change on the character sheet.

Annoying, I know. Check it against the tooltip value of Ice Barrier, since it doesn't show Versatility in it. Should be 10x your Int, then 20% higher after the buff.
    Thank you Kuni. I saw the AP in the aura description on wowhead, but I thought that was an error. That is a pretty strong buff for just tooling about for World Quests. Getting him is certainly worth the effort, even if he is a mouthy mofo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Interesting. I only got to 106 so far, but stuff is dying like flies.
    Something tells me you copied a fully mythic raiding geared character and he played with a flimsy copied character of blues from early beta.

Deleted
    Mirror images while levelling they help alot ^^

Something tells me you copied a fully mythic raiding geared character and he played with a flimsy copied character of blues from early beta.
    Yes, however, at 105 first 1-2 items were replaced. At 106 blues are around ilvl 755-760, greens about on par with 740 mythic HFC. Artefact ilvl 780.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Yes, however, at 105 first 1-2 items were replaced. At 106 blues are around ilvl 755-760, greens about on par with 740 mythic HFC. Artefact ilvl 780.
    Also trinkets, tier items. I haven't played with a live character copied (it wasn't available at first) but I expect that until that point you're talking about the tier bonuses and trinkets would have an extra boost. The trinkets are pretty crappy on premades.

Also trinkets, tier items. I haven't played with a live character copied (it wasn't available at first) but I expect that until that point you're talking about the tier bonuses and trinkets would have an extra boost. The trinkets are pretty crappy on premades.
    I'm 106 with 2set bonus because 1 piece replaced already, class trinket also replaced for a 765 blue one, the other one is sandman.
    What made those fights easy was a combo of 4/4 cauterizing blink+the buffed (compared to live) ice barrier.

Deleted
    You guys think Arcane/Fire are viable PvP specs for LEGION ? (I didn't play WoD so no idea how it was there)
    Frost was always the dominant PvP spec when I pvp'd. I'd love to play Arcane/Fire in LEGION.
    I hope it is good enough to play it a bit without getting stomped. I used to be gladiator with different classes, but for LEGION I was looking at a more leisure way of play mage. Maybe 1-2 days a week a bit of PvP with real life friends maybe.

Back to my question: Do you think Arcane/Fire could be viable in PvP? They don't need to be the single best spec, but atleast somewhat moderate.

Thank you all for the nice discussion keep it up

Fire, yes. Arcane, doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    You guys think Arcane/Fire are viable PvP specs for LEGION ? (I didn't play WoD so no idea how it was there)
    It's not clear at the moment how specs compare to each other between all classes at the moment...

Based upon their toolkit, i will say yes. There has been high talk from renouned PvPers about Mage's strenghts, and so far all 3 specs appear very viable (curious enough, Frost was considered one of the worsts up until some recent changes that apparently made it back on track)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    You guys think Arcane/Fire are viable PvP specs for LEGION ?
    arcane has more mobility then the other two, but shitty damage, especially shitty instant cast damage outside of cooldowns
    frost has horrible mobility and horrible overall damage but can currently global targets with a combination of some horrendously broken talents/pvp talents and the disgusting new shatter mechanic
    fire has decent mobility and good/broken instant cast damage, will likely end up being the dominant mage pvp spec for the expansion once the un-tuned frost pvp talents get toned down
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-07-09 at 10:56 PM.