[Balance] What does rotation look like right now on Beta?

So, I don't have the beta and have been hard pressed to find a rotation explanation. It may be in the legion thread, but I haven't seen it in the few pages I read through of the 150+.

So what are we looking at rotation wise single-target?

Thanks for any info,
    Argenon

Deleted
    base rotation single target:
    keep dots up -> build AP with Solar Wrath -> use Starsurge once you have enough AP -> consume empowerment buffs using Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike

Since you can however store up to 3 empowerement buffs and Starsurge costs 40 of 100, you will only want to use starsurge if you are about to overcap and otherwise save up as many starsurges and empowerements for when +dmg procs are up.

For Multi-target without priority:
    Keep Dots Up on all targets (if longlived) -> Starfall

For Multi-target with priority and there are enough targets for Shooting stars:
    Keep Dots up on all targets -> starsurge -> use empowerement buffs on prio target

At least that's what i would understand as the "intended" rotations, things might change based on balancing.

Things also drastically change if you take the Fury of Elune Talent.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    base rotation single target:
    keep dots up -> build AP with Solar Wrath -> use Starsurge once you have enough AP -> consume empowerment buffs using Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike

Since you can however store up to 3 empowerement buffs and Starsurge costs 40 of 100, you will only want to use starsurge if you are about to overcap and otherwise save up as many starsurges and empowerements for when +dmg procs are up.
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

Where does the whole moon thing fit in?
    Last edited by Argenon; 2016-07-05 at 04:33 PM.

Dude you should really look into stuff before asking questions like that. Moon spells come from your artifact and are a crucial part in our AsP generation. Like you can find alot of this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Borawa View Post
    Dude you should really look into stuff before asking questions like that. Moon spells come from your artifact and are a crucial part in our AsP generation. Like you can find alot of this already.
    So in a thread asking about rotation, you answer with where the spell comes from, offer no help, and criticize the question. I can like find a lot of this, or I can find it? I am sorry for asking a straight forward question, prefacing it by saying I hadn't looked through all 150+ pages of legion talk, and hoping for a helpful response.

The way you asked the question it seemed like you had no idea what the moon spells were. Sorry. However I did answer it partially. It is a large portion of your AsP generation. You never let it cap at 3 charges much like starsurge (no procs that replenishes charges so no rng there) and you can sometimes save full moon (sometimes even half moon) for sections of burst be it to sustain FoE or to just hit something REALLY hard and then hit it hard again with a follow up Starsurge.

Quote Originally Posted by Borawa View Post
    The way you asked the question it seemed like you had no idea what the moon spells were. Sorry. However I did answer it partially. It is a large portion of your AsP generation. You never let it cap at 3 charges much like starsurge (no procs that replenishes charges so no rng there) and you can sometimes save full moon (sometimes even half moon) for sections of burst be it to sustain FoE or to just hit something REALLY hard and then hit it hard again with a follow up Starsurge.
    Awesome, that is actually really helpful. You had it in you the whole time.

Sorry for the ass of a response before, but one of my petpeeves is people posting on a thread simply to tell the OP he should be able to find the answer themselves instead of just answering the question.

I have already proclaimed myself boomkin for my raid spot. Hopefully, I won't regret that decision.

For the first (usually aoe) pull of a 5 man, where you have no AP banked how are you starting off after the initial Sunfire? Are you moonfire spamming, lunar striking, or using artifact moon spells?

I am not in beta, but this new system, where dots are seriously nerfed when starfall isn't up, I have to admit I have a hard time giving that a thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    For the first (usually aoe) pull of a 5 man, where you have no AP banked how are you starting off after the initial Sunfire? Are you moonfire spamming, lunar striking, or using artifact moon spells?

I am not in beta, but this new system, where dots are seriously nerfed when starfall isn't up, I have to admit I have a hard time giving that a thumbs up.
    Ideally you'll be sitting on full moon (it doesn't go away until you use it) which will give you a huge ap and damage start, but if not you'll start generating with your dots and then start your moon rotation. Bear in mind that talents play a pretty big role in your aoe vs single target rotations, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TxZWTPshaQ will give anyone who really wants to know how the spells work a good grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.