Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    I think ideally you'd macro Battle Cry before BT in your rotation there. Macroing to dragon roar you lose time on Battle Cry because of GCD.
    hum, you are right, since dragon roar is always a crit i am wasting one global cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    hum, you are right, since dragon roar is always a crit i am wasting one global cooldown
    Dragon Roar is also baby dick damage. So definitely use Battle Cry after DRoar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    2) Basically don't hit execute without Juggernaut or if the target is about to die you can hit it

3) Basically hit what lights up, there are some nuances but you more or less just keep doing your thing
    Thank you, Artunias.
    When I get juggernaut it's full out execute spam then I take it?

Let me begin by saying I suck at warrior, and haven't played one since really vanilla. With that said, I spent a few hours doing bgs on the ptr and man...fury is soooo squishy. That extra 30% damage is brutal. If you don't have someone spam healing you, you're dead in 2 seconds. Yeah, that's true of most specs but I've found as fury I die way quicker than any other class or spec. Of course not having pvp talents probably has a big impact. Still, I have a hard time understanding the developers putting this huge extra damage taken gimmick. It's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Let me begin by saying I suck at warrior, and haven't played one since really vanilla. With that said, I spent a few hours doing bgs on the ptr and man...fury is soooo squishy. That extra 30% damage is brutal. If you don't have someone spam healing you, you're dead in 2 seconds. Yeah, that's true of most specs but I've found as fury I die way quicker than any other class or spec. Of course not having pvp talents probably has a big impact. Still, I have a hard time understanding the developers putting this huge extra damage taken gimmick. It's just not worth it.
    I haven't done any bgs myself, but I watched Bajheera do some awhile back. He was doing pretty well as fury. Fury definitely feels squishy compared to live. I feel helpless in dungeons when I spike. There's nothing to reduce damage taken and it's noticeable. Commanding shout and the new enraged regen don't feel like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Amra View Post
    Thank you, Artunias.
    When I get juggernaut it's full out execute spam then I take it?
    Basically, just throw in a Bloodthirst and Raging Blow whenever you need the rage.
    Last edited by Naeno; 2016-07-05 at 05:42 AM.

I haven't done any bgs myself, but I watched Bajheera do some awhile back. He was doing pretty well as fury. Fury definitely feels squishy compared to live. I feel helpless in dungeons when I spike. There's nothing to reduce damage taken and it's noticeable. Commanding shout and the new enraged regen don't feel like enough.
    He also has pocket healers on him at any given time.

Deleted
    I'm not saying Bajheera isn't a good PvP'er but it does get a lot easier when you have 1-2-3 healers focus healing you constantly.... Next time you watch a pvp vid, don't watch what's happening in the game but keep a close eye on his health. How much it drops and instantly goes up again. Without those healers he'd spend a lot more time at the graveyard but that ofc doesn't make for an interesting video

I was on the PTR today to test out Legion Fury Warrior. I love it even without all the good stuff from the artifact.
    I tried it out with Wrecking Ball, Carnage and Inner Rage and the pre made chars on the PTR have no haste at all but even with the gear the spec plays fast paced!
    Like the good old DK button smashing. I love it

Question regarding Single Target:
    WW (Wrecking Ball proc) or RB (Inner Rage), which one has the higher priority?

Thanks N

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'm not saying Bajheera isn't a good PvP'er but it does get a lot easier when you have 1-2-3 healers focus healing you constantly.... Next time you watch a pvp vid, don't watch what's happening in the game but keep a close eye on his health. How much it drops and instantly goes up again. Without those healers he'd spend a lot more time at the graveyard but that ofc doesn't make for an interesting video
    When I watched him pvp he didn't have a dedicated healer(s). He was actually 1v1/2/3ing people with no healer. He was getting destroyed in any team fight where he got focused, but he was doing fine without a healer.

When I watched him pvp he didn't have a dedicated healer(s). He was actually 1v1/2/3ing people with no healer. He was getting destroyed in any team fight where he got focused, but he was doing fine without a healer.
    Depending on how long ago "some while back" was Fury is far weaker defensively, especially in PvP, than it used to be. There was a pretty massive bug, and they've thrown a ton of nerfs to max hp then in PvP they nerfed Bloodthirst healing by 50%. There isn't any way he's 1v3ing people with the current model, you just explode versus most classes. If you have your cooldowns up you can Odyn's Fury/Inner Rage and blow one person up yourself, but then you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Depending on how long ago "some while back" was Fury is far weaker defensively, especially in PvP, than it used to be. There was a pretty massive bug, and they've thrown a ton of nerfs to max hp then in PvP they nerfed Bloodthirst healing by 50%. There isn't any way he's 1v3ing people with the current model, you just explode versus most classes. If you have your cooldowns up you can Odyn's Fury/Inner Rage and blow one person up yourself, but then you die.
    It's probably been at least a month, if not two. I'm not saying Fury is in a good place. I also said that he was getting destroyed in team fights. Either way, doesn't really matter. I'm not arguing that Fury is in a good spot pvp or defensives wise. Just providing some anecdotal information.

How is Fury in Legion PVP ? (lvl 110).

Quote Originally Posted by Madcowlol View Post
    How is the ring for fury? Got the helm ( twice to be lucky within 2 days ) and it really smooths out the game play quite well.
    870 on beta, with 100s of mythic+ dungeons and majority of PTR raid testing under my belt. Ring is BIS because it allows you to spec into execute without getting gimped the first 80% of the boss you will however require a bit more crit than usual for it to work out (20-25% is a sweet spot).

Also, everything that is said here should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's probably been at least a month, if not two. I'm not saying Fury is in a good place. I also said that he was getting destroyed in team fights. Either way, doesn't really matter. I'm not arguing that Fury is in a good spot pvp or defensives wise. Just providing some anecdotal information.
    I think the point is that there are so many changes happening every week on the beta, that the timing of when a video was made is vitally important. It's something a lot of people overlook, but should be the first thing someone looks at when watching a beta vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Noore57 View Post
    I was on the PTR today to test out Legion Fury Warrior. I love it even without all the good stuff from the artifact.
    I tried it out with Wrecking Ball, Carnage and Inner Rage and the pre made chars on the PTR have no haste at all but even with the gear the spec plays fast paced!
    Like the good old DK button smashing. I love it

Question regarding Single Target:
    WW (Wrecking Ball proc) or RB (Inner Rage), which one has the higher priority?

Thanks N
    Neither really, they deal almost the exact same damage. If you're chain pulling targets in the world, I'd say WB simply because it has a higher chance to proc on new combat, and if you're fighting a sustained target, I'd prioritize RB since you have less of a chance of overwriting the proc.

Deleted

So Close...

From PTR experience, which wasn't without lag in fairness, Fury seems very close to clicking together. But there's a lot of rough edges, imo. Here's some thoughts:

A few things still seem off, which I think lots of people have paid testament to.

Baseline abilities seem fine, but Rampage throws me off. Seems to have an extended GCD which doesn't feel right. 85 rage cost is probably too high for a rotational ability, but then again, building up to it once every 12-or-so seconds puts it in the same league as Ret's judgement and Feral's Bite, so perhaps that's intended? But the fancy new animation seems to take precedent re: design decisions.

AoE seems fine with free WW, a healthy meat grinder and some of the talents. MG not being a 3-5sec buff makes 'teeing up' EVERY BT or Rampage a bit tedious, but less so with Wrecking Ball because the damage is there. That said, I do agree there should be some BT crit contribution (or rage generation) from WW if 3+ targets are hit. FS being hammered into ST is bad enough--leave it out of AoE at least!

I do think Fury falls down quite heavily with regards to buff timers. I think they should have embraced Enrage (see Spriest Insanity) rather than try and play it down WHILST building mastery around it. As it stands, the buff is short, and doesn't let you relax into a high-damage rotation for even 6-10 seconds. Recklessness has gone the same way. At least before you knew you had 15? seconds of high crit and could enjoy it. Now it doesn't even cover Bladestorm. I just don't understand the ratio of 5sec:100% crit. Not only is an ever-increasing amount of that crit wasted, but it doesn't last long enough to have an impact. Certainly in PvP when the slightest snare, knockback, trinketed-cc or otherwise can completely shut it down.

On the other hand, though, you have Avatar, which lasts a crazy 20 seconds and seems to go against the flow completely. I don't mind it, of course... but why so many 'blink-and-you-miss-it' buffs (enrage, bloodbath, dragon roar, frothing berserker, [frenzy?]) with one outlier that almost goes TOO far? I get that they seem to want for us to just play and ignore enrage... but stuff like 10s on Frenzy, when 18s or 20s would let gameplay flow during heavy aoe is crazy? More madness comes with MG that gives you a 20s!!!!! buff when your'e always going to BT or Rampage within 4-6s for Enrage anyway?! Why 20s on a buff that needs 6s, and 6s on a buff that needs 20s?!

I think there's a case of the tail wagging the dog... or 'man for the sabbath' here. So much of the design is exciting, but there are a few (seemingly intentional!) hiccups that just seem so EASY to fix. Enrage being 6s makes sense. Frenzy at 15s like Rend and other maintenance buffs/debuffs, Frothing Berserker (lol) at 6s when we already have stuff like DR and BB for those that want 'CS Windows'.

I think the overlying feeling is that things just don't last long enough to be fun. When a Paladin runs around with Wings for 30 seconds, I understand it might feel like a bit much for opposing players--and even take the shine off things for the paladin. But for Recklessness and Enrage and Frenzy and Bloodbath and Dragon Roar to last such a short amount of time is cheap. It feels cheap. It feels like the balance of CD/Duration/Power is completely out of whack.

They're all such short durations, in fact, that it feels like playing with lots of 1-block LEGOs. You can't really build anything without some bigger blocks. Avatar might be an option, but to forego our only proc to get it hampers AoE fun, and reactive gameplay opportunities.

I've tried a build with DR, BB, Frothing Berserker, and Avatar. In truth, it doesn't feel good. Yes, you can hit everything at once... but without Bladestorm, the spec is missing something. AFTER taking Bladestorm, and hitting the same macro, the dissatisfaction of seeing so many buffs fall off so quickly (enrage, bloodbath, recklessness....) while Avatar rides off into the sunset is sad. There's never a moment with fury where you hit your cooldowns and feel like you can enjoy a plateau of fun, high-damage gameplay. It's like running up a slide, or skating up a halfpipe with no speed---you roll back down too fast and get ZERO air time. Fury needs more airtime. Perhaps Outburst could grant 12s enrage, or something?

So, changes? Errrr. Longer, less powerful buffs. I'd let BT crits and Rampage extend Enrage duration by 4/6sec rather than refresh it to 4sec. I'd drop Reck to 50% crit for 10sec. I'd have a 1min Avatar replace Recklessness and have 20% each of +DMG, +Haste, and +Crit + Enrage for 15sec. I'd get rid of: Frothing Berserker (pooling for Rampage shouldn't be rewarded--it's mandatory, and rage-capping feels silly), Reckless Abandon didn't get a look-in. Forget numbers, that talent just isn't as fun, or rewarding, or as clever as the other two.

Sorry for the essay, just thought I'd add to the conversation. Hopefully Blizzard take the time to fine-tune our mechanics (even after pre-patch) and return a bit of flow.

Deleted
    Btw just a silly question: If you press Rampage, and then instantly after another spell (f.e. Bloodthirst), do the Rampage hitting effects still happen?
    It reads itself like I am hitting 2 seconds like a channel, but when I played with it, it was no channel but a standard ability, felt quite awkward tbh.
    Hope you get my point.

Deleted
    Rampage is basically a short dot. You can use another ability, move out of range etc and the damage still lands. You can even hit Rampage and immediately Heroic Leap away and the hits will still go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    Btw just a silly question: If you press Rampage, and then instantly after another spell (f.e. Bloodthirst), do the Rampage hitting effects still happen?
    It reads itself like I am hitting 2 seconds like a channel, but when I played with it, it was no channel but a standard ability, felt quite awkward tbh.
    Hope you get my point.
    Yes it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Rampage is basically a short dot. You can use another ability, move out of range etc and the damage still lands. You can even hit Rampage and immediately Heroic Leap away and the hits will still go through.
    Not fully, though it's range is very forgiving, and it deals damage faster than its animation.