Poll: your Legion spec?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue: so what is your main spec come Legion?

I'm personally going with Outlaw, Slice and Dice build (unless it's just absolutely garbage compared to Roll the Bones)

Deleted
    I've played Combat for the past 10 years on my rogue main, but I just can't imagine my character as a pirate. The gameplay might be okay and not that much different from combat, but the theme is just not how I imagine my character at all. I guess if I hadn't played the rogue for that long it wouldn't be a big deal to go pirate, maybe even fun. I might try it on another rogue maybe.

So I'll switch to Assassination. I like the artifact and I guess after a (hopefully short) transition phase, I'll have adjusted to the slightly different gameplay.

I'm debating between sub (werewolf) and outlaw (pirate) on the worgen rogue I've been roleplaying as a pirate since Cataclysm. Both appeal so only question is which to develop first.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Who cares, this is a place for discussions, otherwise we could just lock every thread and link people to google. (or Bing for lols)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Who cares, this is a place for discussions, otherwise we could just lock every thread and link people to google. (or Bing for lols)
    Or you could have used the very same exact poll/thread that is already up, instead of making a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Or you could have used the very same exact poll/thread that is already up, instead of making a new one.
    didn't see that one

my spec in legion will be Unsubscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    my spec in legion will be Unsubscribed.
    That is the top legion spec.

Gonna have to vote Assa as well. On the beta its the most well rounded spec. So you dont feel like shit when you put points in your artifact for pve and pvp.

Sub gameplay without the stealth bar is clunky and their vision for pvp template is the most horrible thing right now, beside ret paladins. You are just the tickle guy that sticks to people, your killing power however is garbage unlike the other 2 rogue specs. Sub suffer from the opposite of retribution paladin in the last patches. Ret has the burst, but can never reach anyone, sub sit on target but can be ignored for the most part. A row of affliction dots is as treatening as you are.

Combat has the better pve aoe. Good substained damage in pvp, okish burst, decent control.

Assassination has decent everything pve. The best melee class single target burst. Moderate control, much lower then sub. Its pretty much the rogue version of an Arm warrior now and has more survivability then arm currently has on the beta. They even buffed the bleed again some in the lastest patch on the pvp template, after the nerf to exsanguinate. They have a clear vision for Assa pvp and so far its working. Its to assassinate a single target, this power lose you some utility in return, which is overall a decent trade out once you try it against all the other classes pruning.

If you strickly pve, you go Outlaw.

If you do both, you go assa.

If you only PVP:

You want to be main damage dealer: assa.

You want to play a support role: sub.

You want a little of both: Outlaw.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-07 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Gonna have to vote Assa as well. On the beta its the most well rounded spec. So you dont feel like shit when you put points in your artifact for pve and pvp.

Sub gameplay without the stealth bar is clunky and their vision for pvp template is the most horrible thing right now, beside ret paladins. You are just the tickle guy that sticks to people, your killing power however is garbage unlike the other 2 rogue specs. Sub suffer from the opposite of retribution paladin in the last patches. Ret has the burst, but can never reach anyone, sub sit on target but can be ignored for the most part. A row of affliction dots is as treatening as you are.

Combat has the better pve aoe. Good substained damage in pvp, okish burst, decent control.

Assassination has decent everything pve. The best melee class single target burst. Moderate control, much lower then sub. Its pretty much the rogue version of an Arm warrior now and has more survivability then arm currently has on the beta. They even buffed the bleed again some in the lastest patch on the pvp template, after the nerf to exsanguinate. They have a clear vision for Assa pvp and so far its working. Its to assassinate a single target, this power lose you some utility in return, which is overall a decent trade out once you try it against all the other classes pruning.

If you do both, you go assa.

If you only PVP:

You want to be main damage dealer: assa.

You want to play a support role: sub.

You want a little of both: Outlaw.
    I really like the thoroughness of your post, but it confuses me. Some of the things you say conflict with information from any other beta players. For example I have not heard a single other person say that Outlaw is a strong PVE spec. Also, most players have been saying that subtletey is the strongest PVP spec. This is very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    This couldn't be more wrong.

Outlaw is garbage at the moment, for everything.

Demon Hunter
    #notmyorderhall

Sub appears to be the most fun to me although I wasn't doing very good dps at it. I need to learn to time my shadow dances better.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first expac where i'm really questioning playing sub so ill probably have a go at assassination unless there is a compelling reason to play sub.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

As someone who only played rogue for sub in WoD, i'll be playing outlaw, since its the only spec that actually feels like a rogue.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    Also, most players have been saying that subtletey is the strongest PVP spec. This is very confusing.
    That means they havent played every patches of the beta or havent played it at all. Sub was doing 400k shadow strike for a while. Now shadow strike is doing lvl 100 damage on lvl 110 target and is not a bug. It has a lower damage output then some healers (holy paladin). If you are gona claim sub is our best spec, when its out damaged by a healer, i dunno what you smoke. Sub is entirely a utility spec. Rupture ticks for shadow strike damage, i can kill a sub rogue in my opener. Its clear neither spec perform the same function in PVP.

I'll go Assa because it was always the best spec for me...

Good for PvE and PvP.

I know a lot of hardcore players don't like Outlaw due to it's RNG and all that, but I actually find this spec to be the most enjoyable for the content I like doing: dungeons and world quests/zone quests.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I know a lot of hardcore players don't like Outlaw due to it's RNG and all that, but I actually find this spec to be the most enjoyable for the content I like doing: dungeons and world quests/zone quests.
    and that's all you need.. i'll keep on trucking with Assassination cause that's what i enjoy.