Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it true you can get EVERY trait in an Artifact weapon?...

What's the point of this system if you can eventually just fill up every trait to max effectiveness? 1/1, 3/3 and get every powerful effect.

Doesn't this just give the ILLUSION of choice? Seems like they essentially took the Perk system and shoved it into a talent tree to appease the crowd that wanted trees, only they don't really serve as a means to differentiate our character from others.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2016-07-05 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    What's the point of this system if you can eventually just fill up every treat to max effectiveness? 1/1, 3/3 and get the every main powerful effect.

Doesn't this just give the ILLUSION of choice? Seems like the essentially took the Perk system and shoved it into a talent tree to appease the crowd that wanted trees only they don't really serve the purpose of customization.

I really hope I'm wrong about this and the system is similar to talent trees from vanilla wow.
    Then once you filled all the traits - You get a new one appear that goes all the way upto 20/20 :P These are damage % increases

Deleted
    Please search a little before posting.

Yes it's true, but the last traits are very long to get (lot of farm required), so the choice is only in the order.

This is not vanilla talent tree and this has never been, it's more close to the MoP and WoD legendary questlines.

IT's not quick. Believe me, good God is it slow. After the 14th point each one you put in costs thousands of AP.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Its not about choice, only at the start. Its a second progress system that takes alot of time and grind that awards you with bonuses. It has nothing to do about vanilla legacy shit and they are in no way trying to make it like that.

Seems I have a good understanding of what it is... I just think it's a terribly unintuitive system to give the ILLUSION of choice.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2016-07-05 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalsen View Post
    Please search a little before posting.
    No. You you are misplaced if you think that way.

Seems I have a good understanding of what it is... I just think it's a terribly intuitive system to give the ILLUSION of choice.
    Only if you don't know how it works and think it's a talent system like Vanilla had.

What's the point of this system if you can eventually just fill up every trait to max effectiveness? 1/1, 3/3 and get every powerful effect.

Doesn't this just give the ILLUSION of choice? Seems like they essentially took the Perk system and shoved it into a talent tree to appease the crowd that wanted trees, only they don't really serve as a means to differentiate our character from others.
    You are absolutely right, yet the people that rage and mock vanilla talent trees for 'no choices and cookie cutter builds' eat this shit up.

I really hope I'm wrong about this and the system is similar to talent trees from vanilla wow.
    Talent trees are supposed to be about choice. Artifact trees were never supposed to be about choice. Artifact talents fill the "long-term character progression" void that WoW has had and the dev's have promised since Path of Titans was scrapped back in WotLK. It's something for you to do for 2-3 months per spec. That is it's primary purpose.

Yes, it's true. The only choice is which traits you go for first. Iirc, the artifact traits were never marketed as a means of character customization. Classes are currently balanced with fully upgraded artifacts in mind. The only aspect of choice that has anything to do with character customization is the skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Illusion of choice? Lol.

It takes a significant amount of artifact power to get to just your second major trait, so there's definitely a choice involved in which path you take.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Only if you don't know how it works and think it's a talent system like Vanilla had.
    What's to understand? You get a resource from engaging in the world to allot points into a talent tree that you will eventually fill up over time.... Basically taking any semblance of choice away from the player at end game to play with new builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Illusion of choice? Lol.

It takes a significant amount of artifact power to get to just your second major trait, so there's definitely a choice involved in which path you take.
    What im saying is you will eventually have EVERY trait at end game. When you can have the POTENTIAL of say "40/40" points as opposed to 25/40 there really isn't any choice at all.

What im saying is you will eventually have EVERY trait at end game.

Yeah you will, it's something you work towards for a long time, why is that a problem?

Yeah you will, it's something you work towards for a long time, why is that a problem?
    Choice, individualization... you know, RPG elements.

I thought I was pretty clear about that.

What im saying is you will eventually have EVERY trait at end game. When you can have the POTENTIAL of say "40/40" points as opposed to 25/40 there really isn't any choice at all.
    My understanding is that, while that may be the case, we might not actually get to that point until 2nd raid tier. And anyone forced to maintain two artifacts will be even further behind.

The point of the system is not to offer meaningful customisation choices, but to provide a source of ongoing character progression at max level. The optional leveling path is just a neat bit of flavour along the way. Customisation comes via talents.

He's trying to equate them to Vanilla style Talent Trees and get people to say those trees were better than talents are now it's why he keeps harping on illusion of choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    IT's not quick. Believe me, good God is it slow. After the 14th point each one you put in costs thousands of AP.
    Your AP gains go up substantially every day based on research and it scaling up the rewards.

Right now I'm at 18 which is like 25k or something and there literally almost 20k to me available through world quests.

Dungeons easily give a 1000 per run too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Not all of the 20/20 traits are damage increases even for dps specs. Retribution gains Stamina as its final trait.

Looks like dmg for me, all dps specs get dmg from the 20/20 perks
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s