Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Would need sauce for the "Forced" part, considering mods have been supported since day 1 IIRC.

I played for years without AA and never had any trouble reading nameplates. I'll have to load it up without AA to see what you're talking about but I don't remember it.
    Eh, Rift didnt have Addon support from day 1, they recruited the QuestHelper addon creator from WoW to create the API for them a couple months after and it got implemented either HK patch or the next one where Rift officially started dying Ember Isle.

And the AA, i remember a game where i had to do that, and i havent played that many MMO's lately hence remembering Rift i could be OFF target i can admit that but i recall some game had that issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...ayernpc_names/

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...look-here.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...xt-blurry.html

I remember i wasnt crazy >_> But generally could be another game that i remember having such a big issue, but Rift had it also 100%.

Second post mentions Anisotropic but i remember clearly it was AA too, i had custom settings since i had messed with nvidia/rift.cfg multiple times for optimal raiding settings.

Two things ticked me off with Rift Engine:

How my performance got worst when the HK patch got released to "Help weaker PC's play properly" which it did, but it also made stronger PC's play worstly, i never understood why and how they managed that, all i remember is that i lost FPS that day.

And that i had to have AA on and other custom stuff to not have blurryness.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-07-01 at 04:17 PM.

Yeah, addon functionality wasnt from day 1. There were damage meters available, but they werent addons. I forget exactly how they worked, but they ran outside the game and added an overlay, or I think some didnt and needed you to tab out. I forget exactly, it was a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    A game where anti-aliasing is required to be On so my nameplate text isnt blurry has no right to talk about anything.

Yes, played Rift for 2 years, its interface wasnt anything special for when it came and still isnt, stop wearing rose tinted glasses, it just had basic customization in it where other games didnt have to do it cause addons, and by now tons of people use them, its a 12 year old game, even the last of the last noobs had bartender on or some sort of addon.
    I wasn't saying it is anything special, just that it already does the things those addons in WoW do.

So yeah I started back the other day after a break for real life stuff (having kids). Not to be a prick but this post is a bunch of crying

Timeline:
    7/2/2016 Downloaded Rift
    Started at 65. Went through the areas in Nightmare Tide I did not explore and I barely did anything in the Plane of Water before I took a break. Then discovered Minds of Madness Interpid.

7/3/2016
    Hit 65 doing Mind of Madness and noticed the boxes they drop give gear also
    Ran Experts and got multiple pieces of gear that were raid ready
    Pugged multiple open world quest
    Begin leveling crafting that I left off at 375

7/4/2016
    Ran more expert and got more gear. Experts take almost no time since most people pugging them have crazy high gear level
    Bought Nightmare Tide. Put Ah gear in Ear ring slots. If you are crying about this then you clearly do not understand the word EXPANSION
    So basically less then 3 days and ready to pug T1 raids. Anyone crying about getting gear in Rift clearly never played Storm Legion or Vanilla. Also if you have not figured this out by now Trion does not hold an entire content patch for raiders like Blizzard does for 8+ months while expecting you to pay for sorry patches that are recycled. They also are not a publically traded company with a massive foothold in the MMO industry and millions toward development.

My suggestion if you are tired and you clearly sound like you are then take a break from MMO's period and go get a girlfriend and have sex. It really helps with the stress created by a raid that might be buggy on release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So yeah I started back the other day after a break for real life stuff (having kids). Not to be a prick but this post is a bunch of crying

So basically less then 3 days and ready to pug T1 raids. Anyone crying about getting gear in Rift clearly never played Storm Legion or Vanilla. Also if you have not figured this out by now Trion does not hold an entire content patch for raiders like Blizzard does for 8+ months while expecting you to pay for sorry patches that are recycled. They also are not a publically traded company with a massive foothold in the MMO industry and millions toward development.

My suggestion if you are tired and you clearly sound like you are then take a break from MMO's period and go get a girlfriend and have sex. It really helps with the stress created by a raid that might be buggy on release.
    So how'd you get the earring slots open?

I was actually looking for this in the store last night and couldn't find anything. Then again, I was pretty salty over being unable to do dungeons because I'm not a patron. It didn't make me want to be a patron, either. lol
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

I was actually looking for this in the store last night and couldn't find anything. Then again, I was pretty salty over being unable to do dungeons because I'm not a patron. It didn't make me want to be a patron, either. lol
    You can still random queue but yeah it's fucking disgusting specific queuing requires patron. Then again the game itself is a mess atm. 30 raiding guilds, borderline pay to win and just boring. I don't see that game lasting much longer tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty salty over being unable to do dungeons because I'm not a patron
    Eh, come again? you can run Dungeons 24/7 if you wanted, even as a total never payed a penny, never will player, this isn't SW:ToR where there's a limit to how many you can run a week.

Maybe you meant you can't 'stack' your charges to 7x and then run seven Dungeons in one go, easy solution, run a Dungeon at least once a day to use your charge up, as for queuing for a specific Dungeon, just go 'old skool' and go to the portal and enter manually without using the LFG system that will teleport you to the instance.

There's not a single Dungeon of any level in Rift that you can't physically go to the portal and enter it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Eh, come again? you can run Dungeons 24/7 if you wanted, even as a total never payed a penny, never will player, this isn't SW:ToR where there's a limit to how many you can run a week.

Maybe you meant you can't 'stack' your charges to 7x and then run seven Dungeons in one go, easy solution, run a Dungeon at least once a day to use your charge up, as for queuing for a specific Dungeon, just go 'old skool' and go to the portal and enter manually without using the LFG system that will teleport you to the instance.
    That works really well without a fucking party.

There's not a single Dungeon of any level in Rift that you can't physically go to the portal and enter it.
    You're adorable.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    You're adorable.
    That's the same with Archeage or Devilian, for Trion you have to pay to go from single player to the mmo status, and they wonder why their game are repulsive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    That's the same with Archeage or Devilian, for Trion you have to pay to go from single player to the mmo status, and they wonder why their game are repulsive.
    I was never able to get Archeage to even properly install on my computer, so.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    for Trion you have to pay to go from single player to the mmo status
    What is this even supposed to mean? Trion doesn't have a 'single player' game yet, the games Trion actually make, Rift, Trove and Defiance are MMO's while Devilian and ArcheAge ,which they publish are also MMOs.

The newest game, Atlas Reactor, isn't even released yet, and that's an 8-man co-op turn based shooter.

Go into the store, click on services, scroll down a little, they are under the character subheading. 2250 credits, or 2025 as patron (it's character based, not account )

Just saw a 15 day patron pass going for 1900p....

Many people said the game will collapse if it goes from Sub to F2P mode and they were right for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Really liked rift for these things

1. All the builds. Especially rogue tanking was amasing.

2. Good looking game, but it was to heavy to play on old systems which my PC back when I played was.

3. I tough all worked, cant say anything bad.

4. AMAZING default UI. Why the fuck can't blizzard do this for there games? All blizzards games have horrible UI's....Diablo 3 is a desargues

5. I tough all the world content was cool, but sadly it just didn't draw enough players to do them. To little incentives etc.

1. It was to grindy, and vanilla you end up being geared BIS pre-raid rather fast, and then not having much choice than raiding.

2. I tough it was way to similar to WoW. I play WoW cause Im addicted obviously, time invested etc.

3. Kinda boring end-game just to similar to WoW...this was vanilla.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Your kidding right. Game has been on a downslope since Infernal Dawn after they started catering to elites after they made Hammerknell widely available. Game became another gear grinder and as typical MMO raiders constantly bitch that they continue to recruit children who have no loyalty.

I just want to add this makes me sad. Rift is to this day the only MMO that I was ever able to play to max level besides WoW. I loved "classic" Rift's zones, the story, the zone events and how they got you to band together with people, the multiple specs, the dungeon atmosphere and music was great. Then Storm Legion was pretty blah compared to classic; the main quest in the "life" area (with Savarola or whatever his name was, that evil prophet) wasn't bad but felt kinda random in some cases, the "death" area was just lame and unimaginative, Stormbreaker Protocol was hot garbage proving once again why vehicle fights are lame, and not enough zone events to be as cool as classic (Volan was cool, sure, but only the first time then it was boring and long for no reason), and then I just kind of drifted away when 2.2 I think came (the death raid with Regulos) and went on to other games. Also by that time they got rid of my personal favorite part of the game, the "easy" rotation via macros (to each their own but I loved having like 3-4 buttons max on a character and having a bunch of abilities macro'd together. I felt it was amazingly simple but allowed for better gameplay) and went to the priority system stuff that so many other games have jumped on.

Still very sad. I keep thinking of dusting it off sometimes just to see what's there now.

I think the problem was from the start Rift made a similar mistake to Wildstar, but not on as grand a scale; i.e. they promised to bring back TBC-style WoW, when TBC-style WoW and that style of gameplay outlived itself. Rift had IMHO much better story and questing than WoW, but still the idea there were different levels of raids with different scopes (i.e. 10 man is "easy" and 20 man was "real") and the fact they never really expanded on IMHO awesome concepts like Master dungeons (Caduceus Rise was the last one wasn't it?) that should have been done as an alternative to the raids, and abandoned (?) Chronicles which I thought were a great way to highlight raids for non-raiders (again, would have made a great thing alongside Master mode dungeons as the primary endgame content for non-raiders that was roughly the same power level as raiding). That's what screwed it over, because that model isn't sustainable. Wildstar is another example of why it's bad to aim yourself at disgruntled WoW players who long for the "olden days", because those people aren't going to carry you for any length of time.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2016-08-18 at 12:04 AM.

Yeah, I also really enjoyed "classic" Rift, and as with many other MMOs you start up, you tend to do it with less "friends" and when they peel off, so do you. I have what I consider to be an awesome healer build (mostly warden), and I did maybe 2 dungeons before my guild asked me if I'd heal their raid... I was far and away the best healer and they were like "woah, how..." I had top PVP gear across the board and was a resto druid raider in Wow, so it was easy for me. I was basically a resto druid with many more tools.

Drift away and come back, now I pretty much just instant adventure to level up toons, I don't want to pay anything... if I pay, it'll be for cartel boxes in SWTOR. I still like that my build hasn't been destroyed, working on some alts... kinda liking how some of them feel - again, not a soul prebuild. Meridian feels busy all the time, usually 3-4 party deep on the IAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think the problem was from the start Rift made a similar mistake to Wildstar, but not on as grand a scale; i.e. they promised to bring back TBC-style WoW, when TBC-style WoW and that style of gameplay outlived itself. Rift had IMHO much better story and questing than WoW, but still the idea there were different levels of raids with different scopes (i.e. 10 man is "easy" and 20 man was "real") and the fact they never really expanded on IMHO awesome concepts like Master dungeons (Caduceus Rise was the last one wasn't it?) that should have been done as an alternative to the raids, and abandoned (?) Chronicles which I thought were a great way to highlight raids for non-raiders (again, would have made a great thing alongside Master mode dungeons as the primary endgame content for non-raiders that was roughly the same power level as raiding). That's what screwed it over, because that model isn't sustainable. Wildstar is another example of why it's bad to aim yourself at disgruntled WoW players who long for the "olden days", because those people aren't going to carry you for any length of time.
    That's right. I played in classic Rift with a group of nice people, but the endgame was just too hard for them to progress, and they all drifted away because of that.

The months-old posts at the start of this thread about how challenge keeps people around are hilarious, btw. Challenge that you end up meeting may keep you around, but if you don't, you are likely out the door. Exclusive mass market game design is a ponzi scheme of the ego, and Rift is an example of what ultimately happens to ponzi schemes.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's right. I played in classic Rift with a group of nice people, but the endgame was just too hard for them to progress, and they all drifted away because of that.

The months-old posts at the start of this thread about how challenge keeps people around are hilarious, btw. Challenge that you end up meeting may keep you around, but if you don't, you are likely out the door. Exclusive mass market game design is a ponzi scheme of the ego, and Rift is an example of what ultimately happens to ponzi schemes.
    Challenge as well as content for everyone is what keeps people around imo. Not just 1 specific piece of content that caters to a specific player type. Rift didn't just run itself into the ground because of content it ran itself in with shitty business practices such as gating equipment slots behind an obnoxious grind or a paywall and selling raid ready gear in the store.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-10 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Challenge as well as content for everyone is what keeps people around imo. Not just 1 specific piece of content that caters to a specific player type. Rift didn't just run itself into the ground because of content it ran itself in with shitty business practices such as gating equipment slots behind an obnoxious grind or a paywall and selling raid ready gear in the store.
    Challenge that someone ends up unable to do does not keep them around once they realize this. The idea that it does is a pernicious myth.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"