Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Seriously if I saw a SunLute, I would just cap it. I would like to have one but I pretty much never check BMAH. So I would take the opportunity ....

I held it most of the day at 400k max bid, but it went into a bidding war a few min. before it ended. Went ahead and capped when the bid was up to 860k. With Legion coming and how rare this is on the BMAH I gladly spent 954k now to avoid the craziness with a 10m gold cap!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    -cut-
    Kazzak so Horde that Alliance pets sell for goldcap

Again, not sure why people bid that recklessly to not distinguish a pet from a mount, there's no point, I have 16 mil (14 + 2 red rockets capped) but I'd be poor in no time if I bid like that.

Still looking for galleon and raptor, didn't see raptor since April, when I lost 3-4 since I never had the chance to get it on first realm checked and never saw a galleon on a realm I have gold on, only had a chance to try something on al'akir during noblegarden, it wasn't capped for a time between 30 min and 1h 20 (based on when tsm updates), could've moved 1.059.000 from one (or more) of my realms, would've got 953.100 on al'akir and it'd have been enough to cap using noblegarden eggs, but that takes 1h 40 or so, so the only chance was that no one touched it for the first couple of hours, which didn't happen, when I got there it was already 953.000, which is already enough, clicked on it, and next bid was 1 mil, so didn't even start transferring.

Stacking several millions on low pops for legion which would technically be ok for galleon, maybe even raptor, but if I can't find 1 galleon in 8 realms for half a year it will be even harder to find it in legion since making a decent amount to fight for it (3 mil or so) isn't as easy as it is 953k now, which results in less realms to check per day.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post

Definitely a missclick here, poor guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Definitely a missclick here, poor guy...
    Doesn't have to be a misclick (eventhough it very well could be). Some weeks ago I was ready to gcap something also and oh look! There was some random mount I wanted - I highlighted that shit mount, checked again and again (was on a very dead server, so thought I don't have to rush as much), put my bid in and pressed bid. Within a millisecond my bid visually moved to the one item below. In that aspect I'm not a retard and I'd rather lose the item than bid on a wrong one - so I literally triplechecked I had the correct item highlighted (and I had previously capped ~5 items + bid on 30-40 others, I ALWAYS check). Anyway, I decided to google that issue for a bit. There could be several reasons why people have made the bid on a wrong item apparently - 1) legit misclick; 2) bid on a Hot Item on the right side (changes automatically and I never use that anyway); 3) bid actually seemed to fuck up. In the end, like many other people, I got my gold back via ticket, so there's that (the ticket took like an hour, though and they were afk investigating the issue for most of that time).
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-07-03 at 10:18 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Doesn't have to be a misclick. Some weeks ago I was ready to gcap something also and oh look! There was some random mount I wanted - I highlighted that shit mount, checked again and again (was on a very dead server, so thought I don't have to rush as much), put my bid in and pressed bid. Within a millisecond my bid visually moved to the one item below. In that aspect I'm not a retard and I'd rather lose the item than bid on a wrong one - so I literally triplechecked I had the correct item highlighted (and I had previously capped ~5 items + bid on 30-40 others, I ALWAYS check). Anyway, I started googling the issue a bit. There could be several reasons why people have made the bid on a wrong item apparently - 1) legit misclick; 2) bid on a Hot Item on the right side (changes automatically and I never use that anyway); 3) bid actually seemed to fuck up. In the end, like many other people, I got my gold back via ticket, so there's that (the ticket took like an hour, though and they were afk investigating the issue for most of that time).
    That's info i have never encountered before (granted, i have never googled it). Couldn't it be an imperceptible mouse move from your part that higlights the next item? I dunno your method of entering the bid price (by clicking at the bid area below or by macro).

I also have never heard return of gold in BMAH for such stuff. That would mean the wrong bid has to be reset. It's possible, if noone else has bid already, but if someone has, you outbid him by mistake and he already claimed his outbid offer from mailbox, where does this stand? the possible third in line bidder is suddenly on top or auction is reset to its minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    That's info i have never encountered before (granted, i have never googled it). Couldn't it be an imperceptible mouse move from your part that higlights the next item? I dunno your method of entering the bid price (by clicking at the bid area below or by macro).

I also have never heard return of gold in BMAH for such stuff. That would mean the wrong bid has to be reset. It's possible, if noone else has bid already, but if someone has, you outbid him by mistake and he already claimed his outbid offer from mailbox, where does this stand? the possible third in line bidder is suddenly on top or auction is reset to its minimum?
    I manually click to highlight plus I barely use any addons (none of which change my interface). I only copy-paste my bid numbers and that's it. The thing is that such false bids usually happen within a millisecond, so noone has bid on anything else yet more than likely.

It's funny because I wouldn't believe either if people said the bid fucked up but shit, it finally happened to me and I honestly hope noone else has to deal with that kind of a headache. I wouldn't be as mortified if it was a legit misclick because then I would KNOW it was my bad and how to avoid it next time; however, now I'm just scared the same thing will randomly happen again.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-07-03 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    I have had this "miss-bid" happen to me also. It was during Mists of Pandaria and it happened atleast twice. Don't remember the items nor did I win them but anohow:

I selected the item, the bid seemed right (game automatically counts the next "correct" price) aaaaaaand my bid was placed on a toc pet. On the first time I didnt care that much, but I remember that the other item I was bidding on was something like a missing T3 shoulders or something and lost my golds to some random crap...

Mmm, that's annoying, I think it only really happens on high pop realms, where multiple people rush to cap an item in the same second, cause on low pop realms most of the time there's only 1 person who will instant cap an item and when he already has it, you can lose 10 sec of time like I did with tiger and still make in time.

I have been capping on high pop realms for a while, but never happened to me for that period that the item spawned on high pop and that I was there as first realm, so that is probably why it didn't happen to me yet.

I bought Alani Mount for 300k or so. Was worth it to me to not spend weeks farming Skyshards

The rest has been pretty sensible purchases for methough. Seen a few tabards and t3 go for goldcap on my server though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    I bought Alani Mount for 300k or so. Was worth it to me to not spend weeks farming Skyshards

The rest has been pretty sensible purchases for methough. Seen a few tabards and t3 go for goldcap on my server though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen those go for 10-25k in trade chat since the last expansion. Are those just scams?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post

300k? I got mine for 7k..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Was going to say, I got mine around the end of MoP for 25k I think too.

As far as the BMAH is concerned though, I kind of regret leaving my old realm before I finished buying all my Dreamwalker set. </3
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

7k? for the Alani mount? Jesus christ, thats a steal given the farm for that thing, I deffo wouldnt mind paying 7k for that =P

Deleted
    ive made an autobid script which automatically scans the bmah items (like the respective name) and compares them with an hardcoded value, afterwards It autobild 954.

(obv. not allowed)

it got me all mop mounts and zulian tiger so far, but iam still missing the plagued proto. let'z see if i get it. im camping on 3 realms btw

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Yeah, no one is selling that now past MoP on my server. Initially bid 100k on it, but ended up in a bidding war in the closing moments.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    ive made an autobid script which automatically scans the bmah items (like the respective name) and compares them with an hardcoded value, afterwards It autobild 954.

(obv. not allowed)

it got me all mop mounts and zulian tiger so far, but iam still missing the plagued proto. let'z see if i get it. im camping on 3 realms btw
    Not to burst your bubble, but it can be done with lua

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but it can be done with lua
    so you want to tell me, you can afk infront of the bmah npc, and be like 100% AFK (away from keybord) - come back after 10 mins and during this time you max-bidded an specific item, which just entered the bmah? NO lol.

one action = one keystroke = lua

anything else = not

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    so you want to tell me, you can afk infront of the bmah npc, and be like 100% AFK (away from keybord) - come back after 10 mins and during this time you max-bidded an specific item, which just entered the bmah? NO lol.

one action = one keystroke = lua

anything else = not
    1 key 1 action refers to in-combat spells and has nothing to do with lua. As long as there's an Event to scan you can update the BMAH window, check through the items and put a maxbid