Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    There is also a petition to keep Jesse Williams from being fired

The "Fire Jesse" Petition has about 7000 signatures.

The "Don't Fire Jesse" Petition has about 20000 signatures.

They need to make people that actually watch the show able to vote, I bet the numbers would be like 100 and 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    People claiming Williams was racists are in the minority and out of step with the current culture change.
    I wish we could move to a time where both of these were recognised as non arguments, though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    They need to make people that actually watch the show able to vote, I bet the numbers would be like 100 and 400.
    As much as I personally may not like the show... It wouldn't have 12 seasons under it's belt if people weren't watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    As much as I personally may not like the show... It wouldn't have 12 seasons under it's belt if people weren't watching it.
    I should have made a bit more clear, I said that in the essence that many of them probably wouldn't even know about the petition at all, or use the internet very much.

Yeah, fire him from a show nobody watches to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    8.2m people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read through all of it and have to ask, what did he say that was racist?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    A show that "nobody watches" doesn't last for 12 seasons in a primetime slot on a major television network.

I mean, I think the show is drivel...but I find that to be the case with most network television.

Can we just stop?

Does anyone actually give a rat's ass anymore if someone is racist?

We have to be nearing the end of this virtue signalling fad. People can hold beliefs you disagree with. We don't need to have a special snowflake storm every time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/..._all_dt_tw_top

https://www.change.org/p/abc-sign-pe...or-racist-rant

To be 100% clear I am not saying sign the petition, Just posting the link for the story.

But hey if ur going to make a racist rant don't be surprised if you do get fired from your job. Freedom of Speech does not equal Freedom of Consequence. Also I am so tired of the bullshit argument of (Whitey or X race has more then we do).

Every race in this country has a mostly equal footing. Its not another races fault if your youth decides they rather be gangbangers over getting a 9 to 5. Also hey when a cop tells you to stop.....FUCKEN STOP. Sometimes there is a black kid who has a better chance then a white kid and sometimes both are screwed due to many reasons. Welcome to life stop playing victim. It is your choice to make the best of what you got..

Common Sense is a superpower for some I guess. Do I think he should be fired for his rant???? Nope but I also know its the company's right if they wish to fire him.

You can't yell fire in a theater without Consequences and you can't make a racist rant without Consequences.
    The issue with equality for these people is they are reaching for more than equality. For example, black populace only makes up X amount of the population, or only makes up X % of a community lets say. They want the majority of power though to be influenced by these groups because equality isn't actually holding a position that is equal to your populace % in comparison to the other races, but being the majority in power for them.

To maybe better explain what I'm saying. Black people or a mix make up roughly 13.5% of the US population. Let us say the leaders of our nation consisted of 10 people. That would be roughly 1-2 black people that should be part of these leaders when we are really creating equality. They want though 6-10 people of this group to be black people. If they don't have these 6-10 people they are being oppressed and everyone is racist.

I most definitely think he should be fired for his rants. People with this kind of influence should not be spewing ignorance. I also find it ironic that people like this think certain groups of people should but out of stuff like equal rights and governmental influences, while trying to do exactly what they don't want others to do.

It's really sad to see this because my wife loves Grey's Anatomy. It is literally her favorite show, and she loves this character. Once I tell her about this she is going to be one sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    More or less. Actually, being white automatically makes you a racist.
    Racist, bigot, homophobic xenophobe is the complete term. I'm just waiting for a RBHE group.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I don't think a petition is going to go anywhere.

the best thing people can do is link the rant on social media and ask friends and family not to watch the show. Followup with letters to the sponsors of the show (companies with commercials in the show) that you will not buy any of their products as long as they have ads during the show.

It's a lot of work, but I've done it (similar situations im sure many of you would disagree with) and it does seem to have results.

"that's not PC!" all the people signing that petition. any sense of self reflection or irony lost long, long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    He won't get fired because Shonda Rhimes is racist. Just look what happens to "white" main/actors in her show. Non-white actors die from an illness or they leave quietly, or are heros and the underdog and have an open door to come back for example Burk and Yang.

Lets take a look at what happens to the white actors.

George O'Malley - Hit by a bus
    Derek Shepherd - hit by a car and died to incompetent all white team of surgeons. (after Dempsey had a disagreement with Sondra)
    Lexie Grey - Plane crash / ate by dogs.
    Mark Sloan - Died in a place crash

and in the episode where there is a shooter in the hospital who got shot?
    Dr. Reed - white
    Dr. Karev - whte
    Dr. Shepard - whte
    Dr. Hunt - whte
    Dr. Percy - whte

but I'm the racist one right?
    Like most network TV shows, about 80% of the cast is white. Disproportionate deaths are a result of disproportionate casting

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Racist, bigot, homophobic xenophobe is the complete term. I'm just waiting for a RBHE group.
    You forgot privileged. BREPH works as good as anything else.

I signed it, Jesse is just speaking empty rhetoric that is designed to divide people.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Actually, factually, the President isn't really black. His mother is white.

- - - Updated - - -

Since when was there ever 100% consent?
    The exception has never invalidated the rule.
    Someone disagreeing never invalidated the consented argument, even less so the fact.
    What kind of one drop shit is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Agreeable.
    He's a good example that we need people like him, or MLK, or others for the various social problems we have, to stand up and make some noise, to grab attention.
    And that kind of noise is the best there can be. Vocal and substantial, while trying to lead by example.
    In reality, Ali was just a Low IQ fanboy of Elijah Muhammed, doing whatever he said at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    He won't get fired because Shonda Rhimes is racist. Just look what happens to "white" main/actors in her show. Non-white actors die from an illness or they leave quietly, or are heros and the underdog and have an open door to come back for example Burk and Yang.

Lets take a look at what happens to the white actors.

George O'Malley - Hit by a bus
    Derek Shepherd - hit by a car and died to incompetent all white team of surgeons. (after Dempsey had a disagreement with Sondra)
    Lexie Grey - Plane crash / ate by dogs.
    Mark Sloan - Died in a place crash

and in the episode where there is a shooter in the hospital who got shot?
    Dr. Reed - white
    Dr. Karev - whte
    Dr. Shepard - whte
    Dr. Hunt - whte
    Dr. Percy - whte

but I'm the racist one right?
    An absolutely hilarious observation...
    Until you realize it's not that funny, because it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's cause I'm black...but I liked his speech , it wasn't racist it was true for most black Americans. Don't know why people get so afraid when minor truths come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Maybe it's cause I'm black...but I liked his speech , it wasn't racist it was true for most black Americans. Don't know why people get so afraid when minor truths come out.
    I watched it I don't see what's so radical. From what I've seen so far I don't really feel strongly to agree with it. I didn't exactly "like" the speech. Largely I felt his speech was very black American specific and disagreed with most of it, but don't disapprove of the overall message.