Deleted

New Build for WoW

Budget: As low as possible
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: Ultra
    Do you need an OS: Yes

Don't mind old architecture, and happy to source via eBay etc.

Looking to buy a 1060 when they get released as the GPU

10+ Year Old Account
    A budget is needed. "As low as possible" isn't useful, really. That could be anything. State how much you're willing to spend, and that's how much you'll spend, and get the best for it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifuriex View Post
    Budget: As low as possible
    For a university student or a millionaire? That statement is literally useless until you give a reference. You should give out some numeric figures then we can help. Plus it's not that hard to put together a build for something, still glad to help though...

Looking to buy a 1060 when they get released as the GPU
    Do you want a GPU in the meantime? Do you have a placeholder?

Do you need an OS: Yes
    Why wouldn't you use Windows 7? Most stable and reliable OS for gaming, that is still the benchmark for gamedevs. What, are you going to run WoW on Debian or Gentoo?

Deleted
    Windows 7.
    Around 400 to 500. The less the better.
    Everything minus GPU and peripherals.

- - - Updated - - -

I can get a i5 4670k and a h81m plus mobo for around 150 quid. Is that worth it? Used mind.

a 4670k for £150 isn't too bad, but it looks like you already have a h81 board? guess someone is selling them together?

gonna assume you are reusing your ssd, case and talking about wow on ultra.. and that you already have a decent cpu cooler. also assuming it is compatible as most tend to be, but check that out or tell us what cooler you have

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£207.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£84.95 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£65.18 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £383.10

this is about as cheap as i'd be willing to go. i feel like i missed something though.

as for os.. just throw your ssd in and boot it up, it'll probably be fine. if not, eh, shenanigans or £20~ on a cdkey website.
    Last edited by the boar; 2016-07-06 at 03:27 AM.