Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry The Arena Master title removed in Legion

This just seems a bit stupid to me but why should they remove the whole achievement if it's only 5s being removed? Can't they simple just make any 5s related achievements FoS's and leave The Arena Master there? It gave people incentive to work to 2200 I don't see why they should announce its removal so close to Legion (Barely giving anyone time to push for it now) and remove it in the first place?

Thoughts on this?

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    This just seems a bit stupid to me but why should they remove the whole achievement if it's only 5s being removed? Can't they simple just make any 5s related achievements FoS's and leave The Arena Master there? It gave people incentive to work to 2200 I don't see why they should announce its removal so close to Legion (Barely giving anyone time to push for it now) and remove it in the first place?

Thoughts on this?
    My thoughts are that there is already a thread about this. They are removing it because it devalues the achievement without 5's, it should still be achievable as a hidden FoS if you already have the 5's rating and impossible to get if you don't. In the end who even cares, Arena master doesn't = Gladiator so meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Everyone who wanted it by now (after being out for 7 years) has it. Everyone and their nephew has Arena Master, its 2200 for crying out loud!

It gave people incentive to work to 2200 I don't see why they should announce its removal so close to Legion...
    This mindset is so annoying...

HURR I NED LE INCENTIVE BEFORE I KAN PLAY VIDYA GAM
    The whole fact that "incentives" is an argument for content ruined and continues to ruin this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Who cares? Everyone who wanted it by now (after being out for 7 years) has it. Everyone and their nephew has Arena Master, its 2200 for crying out loud!

This mindset is so annoying...

The whole fact that "incentives" is an argument for content ruined and continues to ruin this game.
    Willing to bet you are one of those people who already have it and want it to be an FoS so you can brag about it later on. Not only was that the most garbage response I have ever read but you failed to even provide any reasoning to your remarks.

Artwork created by Yochi
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of removing content, something like Arena Master being removed is silly. The Realm firsts...another argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Willing to bet you are one of those people who already have it and want it to be an FoS so you can brag about it later on. Not only was that the most garbage response I have ever read but you failed to even provide any reasoning to your remarks.
    Well to be fair it is hardly their fault you can't get 2200 rating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well to be fair it is hardly their fault you can't get 2200 rating
    I have 2400 in 3s and 2000 in 5s. Sue me for not wanting to wait in 20 minute queue's for 5s.

Artwork created by Yochi

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have it and I fucking hate pvp so I was never going to get it. Them taking it out is great because good people should have recognition. You're going to argue that they don't have to take it out now, but looking at your armory you weren't going to get it anyway so why do you care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't have it and I fucking hate pvp so I was never going to get it. Them taking it out is great because good people should have recognition. You're going to argue that they don't have to take it out now, but looking at your armory you weren't going to get it anyway so why do you care?
    So you're saying things like Battlemaster and Khan should also be removed by that logic. Because it will give recognition.

Artwork created by Yochi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because taking content out is stupid. People can't prove how good they could be if it's taken out. You still get the recognition based on WHEN you got it via the achievement.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So its for your own laziness you don't have arena master. What is the issue here again?
    Maybe stop focusing on me and focus on the removal of the achievement in general. I understand a lot of you have nothing better to do in your free time rather than to shitpost people but I'm not talking about myself I'm talking about the removal of the achievement as a general effect.

Artwork created by Yochi

7+ Year Old Account
    lol i don't even play this game right now, going to re-sub for Legion cause I pre-purchased it and have more faith in Blizzard than I should. Either way, I frankly don't give a fuck about The Arena Master, it was cool when it was a relevant title in WotLK, not anymore haha, anyone who uses it is either using it on an alt, or bad cause that's the best title they have. And regardless, titles and achievements mean squat in this game besides getting into groups. Why would I brag about an achieve from 2009?

reasoning to your remarks
    Playing or not playing a game, based off of the incentives inside the game, is absolutely ridiculous. Most people play games to enjoy themselves instead of worrying about petty, trivial aspects of the game.

I'm not going to push rating in PvP UNLESS I get an achievement and title so when people walk by me in game, for a split second they say "cool" and forget about it.

Unrelated: Is there a way to filter Australian IPs? Tired of seeing their shitposts on here.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying things like Battlemaster and Khan should also be removed by that logic. Because it will give recognition.
    Sure. There's plenty of stuff they took out that I wished they didn't. I saw a scarab lord in mop and that shit was awesome. There's hardly anything in the game like that anymore that gives me that old feeling of I wish I was him.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-07-06 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol i don't even play this game right now, going to re-sub for Legion cause I pre-purchased it and have more faith in Blizzard than I should. Either way, I frankly don't give a fuck about The Arena Master, it was cool when it was a relevant title in WotLK, not anymore haha, anyone who uses it is either using it on an alt, or bad cause that's the best title they have. And regardless, titles and achievements mean squat in this game besides getting into groups. Why would I brag about an achieve from 2009?

Playing or not playing a game, based off of the incentives inside the game, is absolutely ridiculous. Most people play games to enjoy themselves instead of worrying about petty, trivial aspects of the game.

Unrelated: Is there a way to filter Australian IPs? Tired of seeing their shitposts on here.
    You're posting on a forum to a game you are not even playing or subscribed to, not sure why you're even browsing these forums in the first place let alone trying to give "input". And what may seem like squat to you may be something of value to others. I'm not sure what you like in WoW; maybe you're one of those people who log in during expansion hype and then unsub when content gets too hard for you? who knows. But incentives in games matter. Putting a mythic only mount is an incentive and so are many other things.

Related: Tired of seeing morons such as yourself providing no actual feedback and instead just shitposting.

Artwork created by Yochi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The irony is strong in this one. And what general effect does the removal of this mediocre achievement even have? You created this thread to whine and nothing more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612241174

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745534917

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745774409

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743074504

The general effect is people still want to try and earn the achievement. And there is no whining only a stated opinion and asking other peoples thoughts. You might want to try better on the baiting though. I hope it is baiting otherwise I'd probably just put you into the category of kids who wear helmets on the playground.

Artwork created by Yochi

I have 2400 in 3s and 2000 in 5s. Sue me for not wanting to wait in 20 minute queue's for 5s.
    Then you have had loads of time to work on it. Get good.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're posting on a forum to a game you are not even playing or subscribed to, not sure why you're even browsing these forums in the first place let alone trying to give "input". And what may seem like squat to you may be something of value to others. I'm not sure what you like in WoW; maybe you're one of those people who log in during expansion hype and then unsub when content gets too hard for you? who knows. But incentives in games matter. Putting a mythic only mount is an incentive and so are many other things.

Related: Tired of seeing morons such as yourself providing no actual feedback and instead just shitposting.
    Nice back-peddling and making assumptions about my play style in a hope to divert attention from your whining. I played WoW for 11 years, I'm still interested in it and love to talk about it, I didn't know you had to pay $15 a month to post on here. No matter how hard you try to invalidate my claims, you will never win. Typical aussie-cuck...

15+ Year Old Account

The general effect is people still want to try and earn the achievement. And there is no whining only a stated opinion and asking other peoples thoughts. You might want to try better on the baiting though. I hope it is baiting otherwise I'd probably just put you into the category of kids who wear helmets on the playground.
    Sucks. I want scarab lord and death's demise, but I won't get them. Why can't people just face reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because taking content out is stupid. People can't prove how good they could be if it's taken out. You still get the recognition based on WHEN you got it via the achievement.
    I hate sticking up for blizzard, but they disagree with you since they're taking it out. Oh well.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-07-06 at 12:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Hey look at me! I can whine because all these other players are whining too!

Shut up and just log off you cuck. Go work on 5s or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice back-peddling and making assumptions about my play style in a hope to divert attention from your whining. I played WoW for 11 years, I'm still interested in it and love to talk about it, I didn't know you had to pay $15 a month to post on here. No matter how hard you try to invalidate my claims, you will never win. Typical aussie-cuck...
    Your 47 posts from an account created in 2014 definitely show your resounding love of talking about it. And for someone who hates PvP so much I'm not even sure why you are posting threads such as "Thread: Are you excited for the Prestige System?" "Thread: Legion Battlegounds!" "Thread: Will More Or Less Play Rated Come Legion". Also I'm not actually trying to win anything, I'm just not sure your fragile mind cannot process information very well.

Artwork created by Yochi