Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I wouldn't say either has failed just that Democrats are better at selling their promise of economic prosperity to people with less equity built up.
    You're right to say the Democrats have done a better job appealing to minorities, but a lot of that is due to unforced errors by the GOP that struggles to contain its white nationalist segment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're right to say the Democrats have done a better job appealing to minorities, but a lot of that is due to unforced errors by the GOP that struggles to contain its white nationalist segment.
    That and it's basically borderline fact that conservative economics benefit only the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That and it's basically borderline fact that conservative economics benefit only the rich.
    Sure, but for instance with Latinos, there could be a lot of room for the GOP to work with "government bloat doesn't work, just look at the immigration process your family members have to go through".

Instead we get this nonsense about rapists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is being pro-the law and anti-illegal considered "white nationalist". Otherwise I'm not seeing any white nationalist policy.

Is being pro-the law and anti-illegal considered "white nationalist". Otherwise I'm not seeing any white nationalist policy.
    Oh come now, there's really no point trying to pretend that nativism, in particular white nativism, isn't a block in the GOP base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is being pro-the law and anti-illegal considered "white nationalist".
    Yes.

Either that or of incredibly limited intellectual faculties if your line of thought stops at 'it's illegal, therefore it's bad'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh come now, there's really no point trying to pretend that nativism, in particular white nativism, isn't a block in the GOP base.
    This is just more fallacy of attacking the perceived identity, it isn't a policy argument. Pointing to a Trump proposal that is white nationalist would be an example of a legitimate point.

This is just more fallacy of attacking the perceived identity, it isn't a policy argument. Pointing to a Trump proposal that is white nationalist would be an example of a legitimate point.
    I'm not attacking the identity any more than saying "Libertarians are a block in the GOP base" is. White nationalism is a thing, and that xenophobia is something that the GOP has tapped into before. Shit, its what Trump seems to be doing on every day ending in Y. He opened his campaign with "they're sending us rapists".

And its silly really, because they're a tiny group that alienates a much larger one.

That whole " I am above the law" pass Hillary got kinda hurt her in the polls.

Banning a religion from travel to the US. Now shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    How is that a racial issue?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    How is that a racial issue?
    Don't be dim.

7+ Year Old Account
    If he wanted to ban non-white travel to the US then that would pertain to the argument.

If he wanted to ban non-white travel to the US then that would pertain to the argument.
    You're actively ignoring a lot. You shouldn't do that.

Don't be dim.
    No you just said he wants to ban a religion so that somehow makes him a white nationalist explain how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Nice to see the joke factory that is Didactic back in action.

Just when you thought a Trump/Hillary thread was safe....
    Apparently questioning why X law is or should be a thing is off limits in modern American politics.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say either has failed just that Democrats are better at selling their promise of economic prosperity to people with less equity built up.
    Democrats depend heavily on the "You have nowhere else to go," I.E. that the GOP is a bit worse, thus even if the Democrats plan to fuck over these constituencies like Labour and various ethnic voting blocs, it won't matter, who else will they vote for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Democrats depend heavily on the "You have nowhere else to go," I.E. that the GOP is a bit worse, thus even if the Democrats plan to fuck over these constituencies like Labour and various ethnic voting blocs, it won't matter, who else will they vote for?
    Which is why you work for change in the Primaries and then support the least bad option in the General. First Past the Post might be shitty, but its not complicated....

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Which is why you work for change in the Primaries and then support the least bad option in the General. First Past the Post might be shitty, but its not complicated....
    Change didn't happen in the primaries, we got a calculating villain at best. Not exactly room for smiles. I mean unless you make bombs headed for Syria, got a stock portfolio your excited for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Change didn't happen in the primaries, we got a calculating villain at best. Not exactly room for smiles. I mean unless you make bombs headed for Syria, got a stock portfolio your excited for?
    Then your side wasn't more popular. Welcome to vooooooottttiiiiiingg Its how the system you agreed to take part in works.