Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion - Demon Bounties Tomorrow, Beta Build Tonight

Legion - Demon Bounties Tomorrow
    Blizzard has teased something beta key related coming tomorrow at 8 AM PT.

Legion Beta Build Deploy - 7/5/2016
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hi Friends,

Beta realms are being brought down for another new build. ETA is 1-3 hours, if it ends up going long I'll provide updates.

As usual I'll leave this thread open for discussion so long as conversations remain civil and adhere to forum guidelines.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-07-06 at 02:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys! Do something silly for a 0.0000001% chance for a key! Just give beta to pre orders you fucking assholes.

So, basicly since their timezone means they have 8:50 PM at the moment, this "demon bounty" thing will happen in 12 hours, if i understand correctly.

If Towelliee's hype is anything to go by, he said [last week] all you'd pretty much need was a trial account and you'll get beta. Not a direct quote, but that's the essential point. So.. maybe open beta / big invite waves?

So how is this event going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hey guys! Do something silly for a 0.0000001% chance for a key! Just give beta to pre orders you fucking assholes.
    jesus, tone down the damn salt

Is it only a key or could it be pre patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord Salt here, who be taking my salt?!!?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navi84 View Post
    They confirmed on Twitter that it's not the pre-patch.
    Butts.

I don't know why people are always so keen to get into betas. Why do you want to spoil the experience e when it's buggy and unpolished? Then you lose all of your progress and have to do everything over again at launch. It seems truly pointless, unless you actually care about testing the game (and I guarantee most of you don't give a rats arse about that). Just wait a month and play it when it comes out complete.

my speculation: they rush an open beta.

cause they have a lots of bugs and unfixed things in beta. never played a beta, that was that unfinished so short before release. so what would i do ? simple: hire a hundreds of thousands of beta testers, and sell em that as a gift

my other option is: they dont stopped copying diablo, and introduced some auto content demon bounties stuff, like bounties in D3. also possible.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-07-06 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    my speculation: they rush an open beta.

cause they have a lots of bugs and unfixed things in beta. never played a beta, that was that unfinished so short before release. so what would i do ? simple: hire a hundreds of thousands of beta testers, and sell em that as a gift
    I'm not sure that would help them get ready any faster, though. We're basically reporting bugs just as soon as they're found, so it's really only their bug-fixing team that would be the bottleneck if there is one.

I seriously doubt open beta or huge invite wave. Seems like it may be a competition of sorts from all the info i've been gathering since this was announced and just the promotional image of it seems to indicate probably something demon related in the live game. Also this

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    one we been hinting at can be done on beta, PTR, or live
    Apparently towelliee and a couple of others have been hinting at this announcement from Blizzard and just his quoted statement above makes me feel competition even more.

I have to say that i really don't hope for blizzards sake that they start an open beta now.
    The current beta is still very very unstable and at times unplayable.
    They are no where near ready I'm my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    I'm not sure that would help them get ready any faster, though. We're basically reporting bugs just as soon as they're found, so it's really only their bug-fixing team that would be the bottleneck if there is one.
    as a software developer i have to agree to a great percentage. it often depends. if their bottleneck is finding and collect all bugs fast enough, to not iterate often, and instead bulk-fix it, open beta helps A LOT. but if they cant batch-do the stuff and iterations are rare, and they just have too less menpower in fixing, then you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Affenkatzen18 View Post
    I have to say that i really don't hope for blizzards sake that they start an open beta now.
    yep. thats shocking me too. something inside me gets ready for a "soooory customers, but we have to delay the release" never saw that much unfixed, unpolished stuff so short before pre patch. dont get me wrong, what i see is great. but its just not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Navi84 View Post
    The PTR client isn't marked as release and the end of the pvp season hasn't been announced. So we are at least a 2 floating week window away from the pre patch until the pvp announcement goes live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affenkatzen18 View Post
    Have you played recently? Barring the instance glitch on Friday, there hasn't really been any issues that I've seen the last few weeks.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

A circle jerk for Beta users, how nice.. I guess its better than your regular non-special player base, since we don't even get the common courtesy of a reach-around while you fuck us...

Thanks Obama.
    Last edited by Fudge; 2016-07-06 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The PTR client isn't marked as release and the end of the pvp season hasn't been announced. So we are at least a 2 floating week window away from the pre patch until the pvp announcement goes live.
    i even have no idea how they want do that all ? with demon hunter experience you need at an absolute minimum 4-6 weeks. and you have to anounce 2 weeks before the end of pvp season. so lets say 7-8 weeks. eeehrm, in 7-8 weeks its august 30th ??? they had should anounce the pre oatch last week by this calculation. so i have NO idea how that all should be workin.

and when i look at the stability and delivery-readyness of beta... omg.

see "sorry release date delayed" incomin...