Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Ah, so much hate for Vereesa. As much as I like how angry she makes everyone I can't say I would like her to be in a relationship with him.
    oh you're so au contraire! /slaps wrist

Do you reckon Aethas Sunreaver and Mordera might have thing going on next?

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    I started to worry when I realized that their first words probably were "Citizens of Dalaran!"
    i laughed

- - - Updated - - -

at the veeresa thing: its the typical character once introduced as the "strong women, amazing amazone, ranger bitch" by richard a. knaark for around 3 pages. then did nothing with her. sometimes let her running besides some main characters. and that was it.

and then came her ingame role. exactly the same problem as knaark. let her say some few words here, give the players a quest there. switch to left. switch to right. and so on. but they never found any "real" spot for her.

and as always with such characters: she ended up as some weird sideway character, nobody knows whats to do with.

in the end i would just say she is superfluos. kill her somewhere in the dark forest. nobody cares. and than start doin better lore with her 2 childs.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-07-06 at 03:54 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i laughed

- - - Updated - - -

at the veeresa thing: its the typical character once introduced as the "strong women, amazing amazone, ranger bitch" by richard a. knaark for around 3 pages. then did nothing with her. sometimes let her running besides some main characters. and that was it.

and then came her ingame role. exactly the same problem as knaark. let her say some few words here, give the players a quest there. switch to left. switch to right. and so on. but they never found any "real" spot for her.

and as always with such characters: she ended up as some weird sideway character, nobody knows whats to do with.

in the end i would just say she is superfluos. kill her somewhere in the dark forest. nobody cares. and than start doin better lore with her 2 childs.
    By having them also die.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Vereesa is responsible for the mass murder and imprisonment of various innocent sunreavers in Dalaran. It'd only worsen tensions between both races and probably start a revolt.
    "innocent" sunreavers :P

I strongly doubt she'd ever return to Quel'thalas whilst it was in league with the horde. They were responsible for the murder of her husband and father of her children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post

I strongly doubt she'd ever return to Quel'thalas whilst it was in league with the horde. They were responsible for the murder of her husband and father of her children.
    Yes, innocent. It was confirmed by blizzard, only one of Garrosh's agents was responsible for the so-called 'crime' Jaina flipped out over and sent Vereesa and her thugs on a murder, theft and wrongful imprisonment spree. A spree which mainly targeted civilians such as shop owners who had nothing to do with the horde's military.

Also her husband shouldn't have broken his neutrality to bolster an alliance military target if he didn't want to get killed. His death was fair game.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-07-06 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post

Considering how she fantasized walking through the streets of Silvermoon again, once she would have joined her sister in undercity says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    oh you're so au contraire! /slaps wrist

Do you reckon Aethas Sunreaver and Mordera might have thing going on next?
    Aethas and modera are obvious!! haldruon and veeresa not surprise me

Good God, I hope not. Please don't let Vereesa further ruin Blood Elf lore/opportunities for Blood Elf lore.

Just let her die, already. Let Alleria come back and be like "Who the hell do you think you are? You went AWOL after your first mission, quit the Farstriders, let our prince and 15% of our peoples' surviving population almost get executed, then when our cousin turned out to be evil after leaving Quel'thalas himself, you decide all our people still living in Quel'thalas are to blame? Are you insane, or just that childish? How could you call yourself a Ranger-General? You've never done anything to deserve that title! The only title you deserve for what you've done to Quel'thalas is murderer! And don't even get me started on that bomb. An orc kills your husband, so you swear revenge against your own people. And don't think I haven't been told about what you did in Dalaran. If I ever hear that you use such a flimsy excuse as an assumption by a mentally unstable human with a grudge against our people to justify the assault and murder of innocent elven civilians again out of misplaced vengeance, I'll kill you myself. Is that clear?"

But of course, that would be too obvious. Blizzard doesn't want Alleria to be Alleria anymore, because that would mean she'd want to know about the current state of Quel'thalas, which would be counterproductive to the story they want to write about how the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant are all wonderful happy funbuddies who everyone looks up to and wants to follow and blames themselves for any confrontation, like Aethas and the Sunreavers have done. Instead, they're bending over backwards, writing Turalyon and Alleria to have been fighting the Legion in some timey-wimey crap for 1,000 years, essentially becoming different characters, just with the same name, so that they'll be all-knowing celestial beings who are all like "we must come together to fight the demons. De Naaru hkkkk-ey've noht fohrgohtten ous. Dey y'leygeun's end draus neehr." Replacing the Draenei as the light-infused immortal beings calling for everyone to work together against the Legion. For no reason whatsoever, except to keep attention away from the fact that Dalaran and the Kirin Tor are dickbags.

And Alleria's placeholder model being a Night Elf for no reason does nothing to assuage my fears.

They said the thing under Tirisfal isn't an Old God. Then it turned out to be a faceless thing, which is a powerful servant of an Old God.

They've also said Elune isn't a Naaru. But if the thing under Tirisfal situation is any indication, Elune could very well be some Naaru-like servant of a Naaru, and so Alleria hanging out with Draenei and Naaru for 1,000 years could have made her devolve back into a Night Elf.

Blizzard didn't want players to be like "ugh" when they update the loading screen tip to say "Nobody has seen Turalyon or Alleria in years. Still. Again still." But they didn't want to put any actual effort into writing a meaningful reunion or poetic return, so they did that. So Alleria's gonna see Vereesa and be like oh sister yay. She'll then be like "Quel'thalas? What's that? Something you eat?"

Blizzard did the same with the Demon Hunters, instead of having a cool reunion with their people in Quel'thalas/Kalimdor, which they should be curious about, as they took up their profession to keep their peoples safe from the Legion, they just had Khadgar pop in and say "hiya guys! Wanna come to Dalaran? Sure you do!" *Poofs them to Dalaran*

They should be apprehensive, because the last time they were in Dalaran, they were almost murdered by Garithos' troops under the ever watchful eye of the Kirin Tor. And the last they heard of Khadgar, he was the Naaru's errand boy when the Naaru were foolishly undermining Illidan's efforts against the Legion, making him fight on two fronts, because slavery of a few Broken Draenei is worse than the death of every single person in all the cosmos at the hands of the Legion.

Blizzard doesn't like good writing. They like flashy names from older games they hope will bring subscription numbers back up.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-07-09 at 09:16 PM.

It's more like they don't quite go to the depth of story telling that they should. Which is a shame cos their lore is more interesting than the vast majority of video games, most video games i could care less about that sorta detail, but WC1-3 had a way of drawing you into the story that wow never quite did. STill the racial identities and backdrops of wow do draw you into be a lot more cuirous about the peoples, and you do expect them to show more stuff than they do.

I do see your point about Khadgar, I'm surpirsed they used Khadgar to meet the Demon Hunters, it would have been a perfect time for someone like Archmage Mordant Evensahde to shine seeing he's a night elf n all and we're dealing the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's more like they don't quite go to the depth of story telling that they should. Which is a shame cos their lore is more interesting than the vast majority of video games, most video games i could care less about that sorta detail, but WC1-3 had a way of drawing you into the story that wow never quite did. STill the racial identities and backdrops of wow do draw you into be a lot more cuirous about the peoples, and you do expect them to show more stuff than they do.

I do see your point about Khadgar, I'm surpirsed they used Khadgar to meet the Demon Hunters, it would have been a perfect time for someone like Archmage Mordant Evensahde to shine seeing he's a night elf n all and we're dealing the legion.
    I thought it'd be better for the demon hunters to be leading the fight against the Legion, and garner support by having the Blood Elf demon hunters go to Quel'thalas, getting the Horde's help through them, while the Night Elf demon hunters go to Ashenvale, then find that there aren't many there because Malfurion and Tyrande don't give a damn about the place, making it as easy as possible for the Horde to conquer it by moving all their population to Teldrassil, then hardly lifting a finger to stop them with any meaningful force after they invaded en masse in Cataclysm. Especially when all it would have taken from Malfurion would be for him to literally lift his finger to bring all the trees to life to kill the invading Horde. But nope, Malfurion doesn't get off his butt until Tyrande specifically is in danger. You saw it in WC3 where he wouldn't kill Illidan for Illidan's murder of at least 3 villages of Night Elven civilians, Maiev's Watchers at the Tomb of Sargeras, and however many of their troops they lost hunting him in Lordaeron. But as soon as he thought it was 999,999 innocent people plus Tyrande, suddenly that was a death sentence. Then when he found out it was just 999,999 innocent people including any children living in those three villages, it was all fine and Illidan was free to go, and Malfurion had the nerve to call Maiev betrayer.

Anyhoo, the Night Elf demon hunters would find that nobody important is in Ashenvale, and go to Hyjal, where they'd learn that Teldrassil is a thing now, despite it being unnecessary with Nordrassil's restoration. They'd go to Darnassus and talk to Tyrande and Malfurion who'd be all high and mighty about unsavory methods and powers, as usual, then they'd get the Alliance on board too.

I wouldn't have liked Mordent Evenshade filling the role, Rommath, Aethas, or really anyone else at all. It kind of downplays the whole theme of "We're Demon Hunters, we get the job done, we're 1-man armies each, we don't need to be coddled" then being immediately picked up like it was a planned commute carpool.

I just don't like how abrupt it was. It's so dumb, with Khadgar being such a mary sue and just automatically sensing that the Demon Hunters were getting out, and swooped in to scoop them up and add them to the list of Dalaran's little helper monkeys.

If nothing else, it should have been the demon hunters finding Dalaran and assessing its current state, to see if it was still full of racist elf-hating spineless cowards. They would have concluded that yes, it was.

Death Knights did it right. They were going to Northrend to fight Arthas whether anyone helped them or not. They had the Argent Crusade on their side, but sent envoys to the Horde and Alliance. There wasn't a person from the Alliance or Horde that was just sipping his morning coffee and reading his newspaper when all of a sudden:

*Spider-sense is tingling*

Mary Sue: "Lots of people are about to break free from the Lich King in just a few minutes, and I know exactly when and where it's gonna happen because reasons!"

*Poofs there the literal second after Arthas flees to Northrend and Tirion unscrupulously snatches up the Argent Dawn from Maxwell Tyrosus, who didn't get a single line in all of WotLK, despite being the leader of the Argent Dawn beforehand.*

Mary Sue: "Hey! We're gonna fight the Lich King! Wanna help /us/?"

*Death Knights are like wut*

DK's: "Well...since you're doing it too, we'll go with you because we need you for no particular reason."

Mary Sue: "Great! Let's go right now, so I can put you through all the BS that comes with being my little helper monkey!"

DK's: "Mmk."
    The Demon Hunters need to have something more like the DK's got. It's such a cop-out to have Khadgar (or anyone else) conveniently pop in at the exact moment that the badass demon hunters get out of the Vault, suggest that the Demon Hunters follow them, and have the independent, elite, perfect weapons against demons trip over themselves to serve someone who did everything he could to screw them over in BC, in a city that was once the Elves' closest allied nation, now the biggest traitor to it.

Of course, the Night Elves wouldn't have been in Dalaran during WC3, but every Blood Elf demon hunter was, and I doubt that the Night Elf demon hunters would trust Khadgar over their own comrades.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I thought she was only into other species. First Rhonin and then she was thinking about how hot Anduin was in War Crimes.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Seriously?
    Not seriously, that's the other part. As I recall it was a mental aside how he'd grown to be man, and the reader is making a choice to read it as lewdly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Good God, I hope not. Please don't let Vereesa further ruin Blood Elf lore/opportunities for Blood Elf lore.

Just let her die, already. Let Alleria come back and be like "Who the hell do you think you are? You went AWOL after your first mission, quit the Farstriders, let our prince and 15% of our peoples' surviving population almost get executed, then when our cousin turned out to be evil after leaving Quel'thalas himself, you decide all our people still living in Quel'thalas are to blame? Are you insane, or just that childish? How could you call yourself a Ranger-General? You've never done anything to deserve that title! The only title you deserve for what you've done to Quel'thalas is murderer! And don't even get me started on that bomb. An orc kills your husband, so you swear revenge against your own people. And don't think I haven't been told about what you did in Dalaran. If I ever hear that you use such a flimsy excuse as an assumption by a mentally unstable human with a grudge against our people to justify the assault and murder of innocent elven civilians again out of misplaced vengeance, I'll kill you myself. Is that clear?"

But of course, that would be too obvious. Blizzard doesn't want Alleria to be Alleria anymore, because that would mean she'd want to know about the current state of Quel'thalas, which would be counterproductive to the story they want to write about how the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant are all wonderful happy funbuddies who everyone looks up to and wants to follow and blames themselves for any confrontation, like Aethas and the Sunreavers have done. Instead, they're bending over backwards, writing Turalyon and Alleria to have been fighting the Legion in some timey-wimey crap for 1,000 years, essentially becoming different characters, just with the same name, so that they'll be all-knowing celestial beings who are all like "we must come together to fight the demons. De Naaru hkkkk-ey've noht fohrgohtten ous. Dey y'leygeun's end draus neehr." Replacing the Draenei as the light-infused immortal beings calling for everyone to work together against the Legion. For no reason whatsoever, except to keep attention away from the fact that Dalaran and the Kirin Tor are dickbags.

And Alleria's placeholder model being a Night Elf for no reason does nothing to assuage my fears.

They said the thing under Tirisfal isn't an Old God. Then it turned out to be a faceless thing, which is a powerful servant of an Old God.

They've also said Elune isn't a Naaru. But if the thing under Tirisfal situation is any indication, Elune could very well be some Naaru-like servant of a Naaru, and so Alleria hanging out with Draenei and Naaru for 1,000 years could have made her devolve back into a Night Elf.

Blizzard didn't want players to be like "ugh" when they update the loading screen tip to say "Nobody has seen Turalyon or Alleria in years. Still. Again still." But they didn't want to put any actual effort into writing a meaningful reunion or poetic return, so they did that. So Alleria's gonna see Vereesa and be like oh sister yay. She'll then be like "Quel'thalas? What's that? Something you eat?"

Blizzard did the same with the Demon Hunters, instead of having a cool reunion with their people in Quel'thalas/Kalimdor, which they should be curious about, as they took up their profession to keep their peoples safe from the Legion, they just had Khadgar pop in and say "hiya guys! Wanna come to Dalaran? Sure you do!" *Poofs them to Dalaran*

They should be apprehensive, because the last time they were in Dalaran, they were almost murdered by Garithos' troops under the ever watchful eye of the Kirin Tor. And the last they heard of Khadgar, he was the Naaru's errand boy when the Naaru were foolishly undermining Illidan's efforts against the Legion, making him fight on two fronts, because slavery of a few Broken Draenei is worse than the death of every single person in all the cosmos at the hands of the Legion.

Blizzard doesn't like good writing. They like flashy names from older games they hope will bring subscription numbers back up.
    in the description of demon hunters say they are not well seen by the night elves and blood elves normals.

She already had influence in Dalaran due to who she was shacking up with, I don't want that happening with Silvermoon.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    She already had influence in Dalaran due to who she was shacking up with, I don't want that happening with Silvermoon.
    To be fair, rommath would do something to make her life living hell
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Seriously?
    It was more in line with "oh, this child has grown into a beautiful young man and I imagine the success he would have with young chicks" rather than "omg Anduin has grown so hawt, can't wait to do things with him and borders into pedophile territory" (as Vereesa didn't have enough flaws already).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Alleria would pull Quel'thalas further towards the Alliance and Blizzard doesn't need such a character. Alleria spent the days of her biggest hardships and battles fighting side by side with various races from the Alliance. Almost every pure high elf that wasn't affected by the fel is alligned with the Alliance. It would surely cause more divide among the pure and fel HE lines. Blizzard doesn't need that.

Sending her into the story without making something more "grandiose" of her would just send the balance Blizzard was tweaking the entire plot of WoW for into a freefall.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-07-10 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Alleria would pull Quel'thalas further towards the Alliance and Blizzard doesn't need such a character.
    Alleria would likely pull Quel'thalas out of everything and pursue neutrality. That's, at least, if she would have the power and authority to do that and she just lacks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Alleria would likely pull Quel'thalas out of everything and pursue neutrality. That's, at least, if she would have the power and authority to do that and she just lacks it.
    Highly doubt that.

We can't speak of her motives without having lore material to know what exactly she thinks of what you said, but we can guess her motives along the lines of her history, past experiences and known lore. Being married to a human and having fought with various human and dwarven heroes against the orcs/trolls/ogres, her most famous days are embedded within Alliance history. Based on what we know of her in the lore right now, taking the Alliance side and attempting to gravitate Quel'thalas towards the Alliance is a much more viable option than telling the ones fought and lived with that she no longer cares about them.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-07-10 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Highly doubt that.

We can't speak of her motives without having lore material to know what exactly she thinks of what you said, but we can guess her motives along the lines of her history, past experiences and known lore. Being married to a human and having fought with various human and dwarven heroes against the orcs/trolls/ogres, her most famous days are embedded within Alliance history. Based on what we know of her in the lore right now, taking the Alliance side and attempting to gravitate Quel'thalas towards the Alliance is a much more viable option than telling the ones fought and lived with that she no longer cares about them.
    Alleria never married Turalyon, she looks down on the average human and saw the Alliance as a tool to protect her kingdom, all she was ever interested was in how they could help her defend her people. She did not care for the Alliance, only some individuals within it.