10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Its literally crushing my soul right now waiting for the 15th. I've been putzing about with the demo while still playing MH4U and trying to solo my Kushla Daora Guild Quest to 140 when I'm not playing that (at 126 now). I'm super pumped about it but I'm torn about what weapon I want to use.

MH4U I used pretty much explicitly GS.
    MH Tri and MH3U I used mostly SwagAxe along with some amount of twin blades until I made the brachy swaxe.
    MHG I'm waffling between twin blades and bow. Bow because I want to try a gunner weapon but after taking 50 minutes to kill a Queropeco on 3U I'm not too keen on the LBG or HBG. Twin Blades because aerial is so freaking stylish with them.
    Gunners require more skill generally. Hitting a monster isn't good enough, you have to be hitting the right spots on the monster at the right distance. Same thing applies for Blademasters with hitting the right parts, but I find that if I just fire shots off whenever instead of aiming my times are a lot longer than when I just swing my sword around randomly on Longsword or something. Bow is definitely the best jumping in point for Blademasters though.

Switch Axe is apparently really good in MHGen. So if you want revisit an old favorite, then you'll be happy to know that it's one of the better weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Its literally crushing my soul right now waiting for the 15th. I've been putzing about with the demo while still playing MH4U and trying to solo my Kushla Daora Guild Quest to 140 when I'm not playing that (at 126 now). I'm super pumped about it but I'm torn about what weapon I want to use.

MH4U I used pretty much explicitly GS.
    MH Tri and MH3U I used mostly SwagAxe along with some amount of twin blades until I made the brachy swaxe.
    MHG I'm waffling between twin blades and bow. Bow because I want to try a gunner weapon but after taking 50 minutes to kill a Queropeco on 3U I'm not too keen on the LBG or HBG. Twin Blades because aerial is so freaking stylish with them.
    and two days later i get hit with FFXIV's infinite run Deep Dungeon patch. Free time is ogre.

Still going HH and Bow like i always do at first, but bushido style bow is the most fun for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Wait a second - you have it already or you're all playing the demo?

Anyway yes, Adept is really good for a broad variety of weapons. But i suppose i'll go dual swords + Aerial because funk it i'm a tornado.
    Yes I shall be a tornado as well.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember not to get evade+ on bushido style, i did that on the jpn version and then realized it didnt help you whatsoever with the iframes, got punished hard vs tamamitsune online 8'(
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Remember not to get evade+ on bushido style, i did that on the jpn version and then realized it didnt help you whatsoever with the iframes, got punished hard vs tamamitsune online 8'(
    I was actually about to ask if it affected the adept evade.

Man they really don't want me ever using a nargacuga set despite how cool it looks

I'm really curious what the more common mixed sets / end game sets look like, gotta decide my gender.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Still dont know if im gonna buy it or not, didnt really enjoy ultimate much
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Still dont know if im gonna buy it or not, didnt really enjoy ultimate much
    You can download the demo for free and see if the styles and hunter arts are enough to change up the gameplay to make it more enjoyable. That'd be my reccomendation anyway, but the usual grind for parts will still of course be there if that's what you didn't really enjoy.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was actually about to ask if it affected the adept evade.

Man they really don't want me ever using a nargacuga set despite how cool it looks

I'm really curious what the more common mixed sets / end game sets look like, gotta decide my gender.
    I can tell you tho that aerial with evade dist is top notch, you jump a lot C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I can tell you tho that aerial with evade dist is top notch, you jump a lot C:
    I'm probably going to adept 99% of the time because abusing iframes is my favorite thing ever and the only thing that was really missing from MH for me.

edit:

Is it.... is it the 15th yet?
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-07-07 at 12:46 AM.

I'm probably going to adept 99% of the time because abusing iframes is my favorite thing ever and the only thing that was really missing from MH for me.

edit:

Is it.... is it the 15th yet?
    7th today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    7th today.
    How bout now?

10+ Year Old Account
    How bout now?
    Still the 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Still the 7th
    Whyyyyyy

I NEED THIS. Don't do this to me poppin!

Whyyyyyy

The wait is killing me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whyyyyyy

Hahaha I know. Find comfort in the fact that you just have to wait 8 more days for a game that will easily keep your interest for the rest of the year. I've got 300 hours in 4U and I haven't even done all the guild quests yet.

I'm a little worried that the hunting styles will be so good that I'll never be able to go back to the old Monster Hunter games again.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm a little worried that the hunting styles will be so good that I'll never be able to go back to the old Monster Hunter games again.
    I'm turning MH3 and castelvania at local gamestop. MH4 has been really enjoyable, while 3 let me down pretty much. Underwater combat was only an hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm turning MH3 and castelvania at local gamestop.
    When I was young I turned in a few of my playstation games and I think could barely afford 1 new one with the money the gave me, immediately regretted it after I got home even though I never played any of the games I gave them. I think it scarred me because I'm a super pack rat now.

When I was young I turned in a few of my playstation games and I think could barely afford 1 new one with the money the gave me, immediately regretted it after I got home even though I never played any of the games I gave them. I think it scarred me because I'm a super pack rat now.
    Castlevania was nice but not more than that - finished to 100% in no time and never touched again. Same with Mh3, finished the story but never got the grasp as i got with United before it and Mh4 after. I'll keep MH4.

Anyway, i hanve only Pokemon Y and Zelda games + Bravely default, so nothing i'm going to part with anytime soon

@Coldkil how much do they even give you for these things these days? A lot of times I feel like its not even worth the gas money and effort.

@Baconeggcheese there's a promo at local gamestop - bring 2 games and you get MHG for 10 euros or so. Need to double check if they have some sort of restricted list anywhere but i cannot find it on the website.