Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, according to Comey:
    - Email software was removed to make it very difficult to retrieve the email data. The FBI could only find what's called "thousands" of email among millions of email fragments.
    - The 30,000 email did FBI did receive were only the email that Hillary released. These were email that were screened by Hillary's lawyers and released over a course of months.
    - It is likely there are other work related email that were not released, and not found elsewhere that are now gone.
    - The lawyers deleted all email not provided to the state (the other 30,000) and cleaned their devises in such as way that prohibited any type of forensic recovery
    - Evidence was found that they were extremely careless in their handling of highly classified information.
    - Seven email chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret Special Access Program at the time they were sent and received. Those chains contained email that were received and sent by Hillary Clinton.
    - Evidence exists that any reasonable person should have known that an unclassified space was no place for those top secret conversations.
    - Suggests this is more concerning because those private servers didn't have a full time security staff like the Govt secure servers have or email like commercial email service like gmail have.
    - The State Dept in general lacked proper security that's found elsewhere in the US Federal Govt
    - Hillary used her private email servers extensively while outside the US including while in the territories of sophisticated adversaries.

Comey stated that while they weren't recommending criminal charges, anyone who did was Hillary did would receive consequences like security and administrative sanctions. Hillary however will not be subject to the executive order her husband signed revoking access for mishandling top secret information and maintains her top secret clearance and once nominated by her party will receive daily briefings that can and will include top secret information.

Comey stated that the reason they weren't pursuing legal charges was because they could not prove intent. Meaning she could just be stupid or incompetent. Nor could they prove conclusively that Hillary was obstructing justice, suggesting the possibility that her lawyers could be stupid or incompetent deleting email that should have been turned over and wiping all traces of the deleted email.

So the end result is that Hiilary is either criminally negligent, stupid, incompetent, or some mix of those. And this is the person we'll likely end up picking next to run the country.

I've mentioned the term "farcical", and can't get past the idea that after suspecting federal violations took place, we could only ask the alleged perpetrator to hand over the evidence. Then act like the alleged perpetrator would have openly handed over everything. This is like asking a pedophile to hand over all the pictures on their hard drive, and after weeks/months of review the pedo gives half of the images and says "the other half were unrelated, so I deleted and purged them".

I understand how lawyers can defend her in a court of law. I just don't get how people can defend her in the court of common sense.

Is anyone surprised? The Clinton family is two parts slime, one part teflon. You are never going to get anything to stick to them and I am surprised anyone had a reasonable expectation the FBI of all agencies were going to be the ones to do it.

Never mind the fact if anyone reading this had pulled the crap she did they would never be seeing the light of day again.

Am I the only one who is a bit concerned that Clinton was almost tried in the public? Normally they will just give out a statement saying something about not charging or anything like that but in this case they rattled out a bunch of accusations stated as "facts". If there was a court case the person would have a chance to defend themselves but what can Clinton say to this? She pretty much has to leave it out there because she won't want the situation played out any longer.

Think about it this way. Joe Soap gets investigated for planting golf balls in his back yard. At the conclusion of the case, instead of just deciding not to prosecute, they release a statement outlining everything that they think Joe Soap did and he basically gets tried by the court of public opinion. There isn't a court case where poor Joe can make the case that he saw his neighbor planting golf balls so he thought it was ok or that the mayor told him it was ok.

Basically they were investigators, judge and jury in this case. I am not making the case either way, just that the process seems a bit odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Hillary however will not be subject to the executive order her husband signed revoking access for mishandling top secret information and maintains her top secret clearance and once nominated by her party will receive daily briefings that can and will include top secret information.
    Are you telling me that you aren't in the slightest bit concerned that Trump will be receiving the same briefings?

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    It's almost as if the government really is as corrupt as Trump insists.
    Of course it is, but dont think for a moment that Trumps interests arent corporate interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comey stated that the reason they weren't pursuing legal charges was because they could not prove intent. Meaning she could just be stupid or incompetent. Nor could they prove conclusively that Hillary was obstructing justice, suggesting the possibility that her lawyers could be stupid or incompetent deleting email that should have been turned over and wiping all traces of the deleted email.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If it was anyone else they would be in jail. Two sets of laws in this country.

People say that the we Clinton's are above the law. That is Farthest from the truth. Its just the law sometimes forget that we are Clinton's!!!

I was on the fence with who to vote for but after the Benghazi and now this I can not trust her to do whats best for the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Im pretty sure every state with a concentrated urbanized area has its half ass secessionists in the rural areas. Washington certainly does. They don't understand tax bases.
    Not many other states have the unique issues that NYS does though. Even without NYC it'd still be a fairly high population state (8-10M). Again. It's not as far-fetched in Cali or NY simply because of how many people live in the less-traveled portions of the state. This is why other states laugh at the notion. They simply don't understand that the tax base in NY would simply shift to the 4 major upstate cities (Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, and Syracuse in that order) instead of NYC.

http://www.newamsterdamny.org/

Unfortunately it isn't a complete cut from NYC it's simply a call for NYC to be it's own autonomous district much like DC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People who have had infrastructure and government services all their life seem to take it for granted that it's just there. Someone pays for it. And it ain't the tooth fairy.
    The highest taxed county east of the Mississippi River is Monroe County, NY which is where the City of Rochester lies. This city is 6 hours drive or 349 miles from NYC.

7+ Year Old Account

Hillary Will Not be Indicted

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politi...ton/index.html
    I can't believe we had to waste millions on a federal investigation just to prove that 68 year old lady's sometimes make careless email mistakes. Now people don't want to believe the FBI. Some people just cannot admit when they are wrong. Congratulations Americans you look like laughing stocks to the rest of the world over this petty bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Are you surprised someone rich and powerful is not going to get into legal trouble?
    It being commonplace should be cause for more moral outrage, not less. Complacency is exactly why it's gotten this common.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    she will walk free

the fact that she is not in chains right know means fbi is on damage control and easing into the situation to the general public.

She will win, and become the most criminal and corrupt president the USA has ever seen, not saying to vote trump or bernie, but fact still stands.
    I don't know; that's a tough title to win. How does she hold up to Nixon?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-07-06 at 07:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politi...ton/index.html
    I can't believe we had to waste millions on a federal investigation just to prove that 68 year old lady's sometimes make careless email mistakes. Now people don't want to believe the FBI. Some people just cannot admit when they are wrong. Congratulations Americans you look like laughing stocks to the rest of the world over this petty bullshit.
    More like "68 year old secretary of state making careless mistakes concerning state secrets that threaten our security."
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    *gasp* Are you telling me that 68 year old ladies sometimes make email mistakes? More news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    There is no alternative.
    It's her or Trump.

And holy shit she looks like an angelic being of pure light and beauty next to Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we shouldn't expect much from our leaders.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    More like "68 year old secretary of state making careless mistakes concerning state secrets that threaten our security."
    Try to inflate it all you want to. In the the end it is an old person making mistakes with computers on the internet. Pretty common and I bet will do the same wen you hit 60+ no matter what position in society you hold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Yeah, we shouldn't expect much from our leaders.
    I make email mistakes once or twice a week. Here a novel idea, how about focus on the things that actually matter like their policy decisions. But that requires reading and that's too hard for most Americans.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-07-06 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know nothing about handling classified documents. If I had made the same mistakes when I worked with the DoD, I would have served time in prison. Somehow I managed to not fuck up, but I suppose taking your job seriously is a novel idea as well.

It's not just incompetence. Mishandling that information can also be malicious, which is why you should not just wave it off as incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Try to inflate it all you want to. In the the end it is an old person making mistakes with computers on the internet. Pretty common and I bet will do the same wen you hit 60+.

- - - Updated - - -

I make email mistakes once or twice a week. Here a novel idea, how about focus on the things that actually matter like their policy decisions. But that requires reading and that's too hard for most Americans.
    Making mistakes with personal emails is one thing. Mishandling classified information gets most people in a shit ton of trouble, regardless of intention and most people get training on the handling of such information (I am cleared for Secret and below.)

What she did might not be technically criminal, but it is negligence of classified info and I'd expect our leaders to know better, regardless of their age.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    You know nothing about handling classified documents. If I had made the same mistakes when I worked with the DoD, I would have served time in prison. Somehow I managed to not fuck up, but I suppose taking your job seriously is a novel idea as well.
    Here we go. Lets all listen to the classified documents professional boast about his expertise on a gaming forum.

"i make mistakes on my emails so it's perfectly fine when high ranking officials in our government carelessly and illegally store top secret emails on their private unsecured email server"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear there was a recent history of Secretary of State making careless mistakes. They set the bar pretty low.
    Somebody call James Cameron

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Making mistakes with personal emails is one thing. Mishandling classified information gets most people in a shit ton of trouble, regardless of intention and most people get training on the handling of such information (I am cleared for Secret and below.)

What she did might not be technically criminal, but it is negligence of classified info and I'd expect our leaders to know better, regardless of their age.
    Or you could just admit that humans are not robots and will eventually make mistakes no matter what position that they hold. Expecting human beings to be robots that never make mistakes is just stupid. Are you telling me that you have never made a mistake on your job ever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    "i make mistakes on my emails so it's perfectly fine when high ranking officials in our government carelessly and illegally store top secret emails on their private unsecured email server"
    Human beings are fallible by nature and will inevitably make mistakes. More news at 11 bro.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-07-06 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't take a expert to understand what is wrong with this situation. It just requires you to not be completely ignorant. Regardless, it's a moot debate; obviously she was never going to be charged because she has influence.