Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Also am I the only one thinking that working together with racist party (enough youtube clips around to say this ) not just towards immigrants but also towards other their own citizens is as bad as being a racist
    So you're saying that if a racist believes the same as you do on a topic (unrelated to their racist beliefs) then you shouldn't stand up for those beliefs too or you're automatically a racist too by association?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What do you mean distance for farage, they shared the same arguments.
    The official government campaign was called "Vote Leave" , it was mostly conservative and was focussing more on economic arguments,

Whereas Farage had his own "Leave" campaign, centred on immigration. There was a lot of disputes between them, and "Vote Leave" distances itself as much as it could, considering the circumstances.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-07-05 at 07:01 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Of course, didn't you know that all remain voters are de facto Tony Blair supporters?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So you're saying that if a racist believes the same as you do on a topic (unrelated to their racist beliefs) then you shouldn't stand up for those beliefs too or you're automatically a racist too by association?

The official government campaign was called "Vote Leave" , it was mostly conservative and was focussing more on economic arguments,

Whereas Farage had his own "Leave" campaign, centred on immigration. There was a lot of disputes between them, and "Vote Leave" distances itself as much as it could, considering the circumstances.
    First the entire leave campaign was based around the ''others'', they didn't talk about anything else then the ''others'' and how they effected XYZ. They didn't work together to keep important policy's together.

Pff so first they started raise baiting in regards how group XYZ are leeches and then they 'sorry, didn't mean that''?

Deleted
    Well at least Crabb just dropped out so we are one step closer to saying "Gove, yer a proper cunt" and getting on with moving forward.

Brexit's been fantastic. All the different brands of Tories might just fall apart, no fucker wants to be PM and have to press the Article 50 button, and it's about damn time the rest of the country (as opposed to just the fucking North, whether the country's getting richer or poorer) felt the sting of austerity.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    They've set out things they would like to do or what future governments could do, but they weren't an opposition government, they were never going to draft a full brexit plan.

Not one of them has said they no longer want to leave, the closest to it we've come is Boris Johnson writing a weird article suggesting a sort of brexit-lite which he has later contradicted. Unless you've got any actual evidence of this rather than just stating what you assume is fact.
    Well it would have been nice of vote leave had a single idea of how they wanted the relationship to look.
    - Like do they want to join the EEA ?
    - Do they want to stay in all the EU managed but not actually part of the EU programes?
    - Do they want to stay in the EHCR? - Do they understand what that is?

But all you got was - I want to spend 350 million on the NHS, a lie, and a lie they had no power over -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Brexit's been fantastic. All the different brands of Tories might just fall apart, no fucker wants to be PM and have to press the Article 50 button, and it's about damn time the rest of the country (as opposed to just the fucking North, whether the country's getting richer or poorer) felt the sting of austerity.
    You know the most absurd thing that would happen if the UK doesn't leave the EU?
    It would stay in a union that would be worse for them - The EU is currently moving agencies out of the UK, they wont get the deal that Cameron negotiated, they will have pissed of all the EU, and of course, the EU would be assured that the UK's ultimate negotiating position would be forever dead.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the early 90', when GB's sterling shorted. The EU loaned GB the money for them to trade the Sterling on the international exchange. It almost seems child like for them to leave the EU, like a rebellious teenager that doesn't appreciate what his parents do for him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the early 90', when GB's sterling shorted. The EU loaned GB the money for them to trade the Sterling on the international exchange. It almost seems child like for them to leave the EU, like a rebellious teenager that doesn't appreciate what his parents do for him/her.
    It's not about the EU.
    The working class have been shat on by Tories and the Labour politicians who emulate them for decades.
    Every year, whether the country gets richer or poorer, the working class (hell, the whole damn North) only ever get poorer.
    Makes no different to us if we're in the EU or out of it, but we saw a chance to stoke the fires of a potential Tory power struggle and the Labour quislings wanted us to stay, so we voted to leave.

The Tories have destroyed one industry after another with cuts and privatisation (but only of profits; they keep the losses nationalised).
    But sadly for them, the poor haven't died off quite as quickly and quietly as they hoped we would.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about the EU.
    The working class have been shat on by Tories and the Labour politicians who emulate them for decades.
    Every year, whether the country gets richer or poorer, the working class (hell, the whole damn North) only ever get poorer.
    Makes no different to us if we're in the EU or out of it, but we saw a chance to stoke the fires of a potential Tory power struggle and the Labour quislings wanted us to stay, so we voted to leave.

The Tories have destroyed one industry after another with cuts and privatisation (but only of profits; they keep the losses nationalised).
    But sadly for them, the poor haven't died off quite as quickly and quietly as they hoped we would.
    Which is hilarious considering that the decline of the working class isn't the fault of -either- party but due to transitional attrition in the emerging post-industrial economy.

It's little more than a 'cut off the nose to spite the face' exercise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is hilarious considering that the decline of the working class isn't the fault of -either- party but due to transitional attrition in the emerging post-industrial economy.

It's little more than a 'cut off the nose to spite the face' exercise.
    Indeed. That's not a problem of the EU, but an internal UK problem. There are indeed examples like germany who profit from the EU. The UK could've done the same. They didn't because they focussed on London and the financial market.

Leaving the EU won't improve the situation magically. Especially when even most leavers still try to stay in the single market - and that means following EU rules. Really, all they hope for is some magical new treaties the EU can't and mustn't accept. That's it. Magic.

Just think of Syriza and Greece. They've been telling their voters they will negotiate a dept cut and so on. But in the end, they had to accept the EU conditions. Same would happen here.

But Article 50 will never be invoked. May will win, try to negotiate, the EU won't negotiate and May will say "Oh i really wanted to leave but the EU didn't move. Blame the EU we can't leave!!!".

Business as usual. Politicians blaming the EU for their faults.

You either leave until the end of the year or you'll never leave.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-07-06 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted in the "Texit" thread:
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

It's not about the EU.

So now we've basically handed the Tories even more power to screw the poor and privatise what little we have left, because we were told to by a Tory and a man who was too Tory to stay with the Tories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

You know the most absurd thing that would happen if the UK doesn't leave the EU?
    It would stay in a union that would be worse for them - The EU is currently moving agencies out of the UK, they wont get the deal that Cameron negotiated, they will have pissed of all the EU, and of course, the EU would be assured that the UK's ultimate negotiating position would be forever dead.
    Actually if they stayed, there won't be punishment. But they overplayed the Brexitcard. You've lost a lot of credit. You either leave or play by the rules.

Right now, 27 nations play by the rules, but the UK wants their special bonus. That's unfair and ridicilous. This lead to UK people believing they could get whatever they want. But now there are a lot of politicians who REALLY want the UK to leave. Most of them are in South Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Actually if they stayed, there won't be punishment. But they overplayed the Brexitcard. You've lost a lot of credit. You either leave or play by the rules.

Right now, 27 nations play by the rules, but the UK wants their special bonus. That's unfair and ridicilous. This lead to UK people believing they could get whatever they want. But now there are a lot of politicians who REALLY want the UK to leave. Most of them are in South Europe.
    Can't blame them, tbh.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    I am just really curious of the UK will actually invoke Art. 50, or if the government will ultimately end up vetoing/ignoring it - since the referendum theoretically isn't legally binding.
    Sure, it would probably be political suicide to ignore the result - but seems like making the call to leave is as well, so eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the pound dropped more against the dollar last night down to $1.27.

Well I am certainly going to miss being able to buy cheap things from the US, and considering alot of developers or products I purchase are based in the US - I'll be out of pocket.

Oh and the fact I enjoyed the benefits of being an EU Citizen, stand to lose that unless I can prove my family has the right connections to Ireland to claim dual nationality to retain that Citizenship.

Find it pretty stupid, all those who voted leave to be able to take so many rights away from those people who wanted to remain..
    Last edited by Jaelian; 2016-07-06 at 08:15 AM.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaelian View Post
    Well I am certainly going to miss being able to buy cheap things from the US, and considering alot of developers or products I purchase are based in the US - I'll be out of pocket.
    I, on the other hand, might switch to Amazon.co.uk instead of .de more frequently, depending on how the pound stands.

Hope it will play out somewhat well for all of you UK folks.

Deleted
    This is entirely anecdotal, so take it with a huge pinch of salt, but thus far for what its worth its been a positive so far for the business I work for.

We're a tools company, and our British manufactured brands are now competitive on our European platforms and US platforms. Prestige brands that are now more competitively priced with US manufactured and far-east imports. We always have a slight buffer in the exchange rate to protect against any dramatic swings (by normal standards) as it generally takes 2-3 hours to revise all our prices across the different sites. Sales to the Republic of Ireland are almost doubled, sales to Germany are up over 50%, France is north of 75%. With the buffer in we're still selling usually at 2 or 3 cents above the exchange rates for the euro and dollar.

We've had a chat with our non-domestic suppliers and of course there is the chance of increasing prices but they won't be so dramatic and most of our purchase prices are locked in for the next 12-18 months. If it carries on we're actually having to look at recruiting more staff to deal with the increased parcels, even if they're just a short term arrangement.

The elite and extremely wealthy might be losing a little bit of money, and that's the main narrative, but smaller businesses like ourselves are still trundling along and making money. We're expanding in terms of sales and in terms of real estate as we need more warehouses to keep larger quantities of stock, we're having a second floor built already due to the growth of the business over the last 12 months and none of what's happening right now is putting the breaks on it. Low interest rates and likely lower in the future are actually making it more enticing for a well run business to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    This is entirely anecdotal, so take it with a huge pinch of salt, but thus far for what its worth its been a positive so far for the business I work for.

We're a tools company, and our British manufactured brands are now competitive on our European platforms and US platforms. Prestige brands that are now more competitively priced with US manufactured and far-east imports. We always have a slight buffer in the exchange rate to protect against any dramatic swings (by normal standards) as it generally takes 2-3 hours to revise all our prices across the different sites. Sales to the Republic of Ireland are almost doubled, sales to Germany are up over 50%, France is north of 75%. With the buffer in we're still selling usually at 2 or 3 cents above the exchange rates for the euro and dollar.

We've had a chat with our non-domestic suppliers and of course there is the chance of increasing prices but they won't be so dramatic and most of our purchase prices are locked in for the next 12-18 months. If it carries on we're actually having to look at recruiting more staff to deal with the increased parcels, even if they're just a short term arrangement.

The elite and extremely wealthy might be losing a little bit of money, and that's the main narrative, but smaller businesses like ourselves are still trundling along and making money. We're expanding in terms of sales and in terms of real estate as we need more warehouses to keep larger quantities of stock, we're having a second floor built already due to the growth of the business over the last 12 months and none of what's happening right now is putting the breaks on it. Low interest rates and likely lower in the future are actually making it more enticing for a well run business to do so.
    Exporting companies will see a profit.

It's literally only Globalist companies that were fucking the UK over anyway that will see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelian View Post

Oh and the fact I enjoyed the benefits of being an EU Citizen, stand to lose that unless I can prove my family has the right connections to Ireland to claim dual nationality to retain that Citizenship.

It's been two weeks? We don't even currently have any leadership in this country (of worth mentioning), let alone any current plan or direction for the next decade. OBVIOUSLY the markets are going to be a bit unsure at the moment, Brexit or not.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!